Senior Programme Monitoring Assistant, Assistant principal de suivi de programme, Bertoua, UNHCR
Role Responsibilities/ Responsabilités du rôle
Hardship Level (not applicable for home-based)
Family Type (not applicable for home-based)
Staff Member / Affiliate Type
Target Start Date
Job Posting End Date
May 7, 2023
Terms of Reference
The Senior Programme Monitoring Assistant report to and be guided by the Program Officer and may supervise some support staff. S/he receive indirect guidance from other sections and units relevant to the country programme(s) or to global quality assurance standards. UNHCR’s Manual, UNHCR’s corporate and regional strategic priorities, operation plans and other relevant institutional rules and regulations will guide the work of the incumbent.
The Senior Programme Monitoring Assistant will assist in providing support and guidance on monitoring protection and solutions strategies and in the coordination with other sections/units to ensure harmonized monitoring approaches. The incumbent will work in line with the overall UNHCR directions which crucially require working with partners, including with persons of concern, governmental institutions and the private sector, ensuring that programme monitoring is approached as per UNHCR’s Strategic Directions, Global Strategic Priorities (GSPs), Global Compact for Refugees (GCR), and corporate positions on SDGs.
The incumbent is expected to have contacts within the Organization and outside the duty station, as well as with partners and other stakeholders related to programme monitoring. The incumbent is expected to work in line with the multi-functional team (MFT) approach as defined within the Program Chapter, ensuring the participation of relevant stakeholders in all phases of the Program Management Cycle.
All UNHCR staff members are accountable to perform their duties as reflected in their job description. They do so within their delegated authorities, in line with the regulatory framework of UNHCR which includes the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules, UNHCR Policies and Administrative Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks. In addition, staff members are required to discharge their responsibilities in a manner consistent with the core, functional, cross-functional and managerial competencies and UNHCR’s core values of professionalism, integrity and respect for diversity.
– Assist the supervisor in the development and implementation of UNHCR’s system for monitoring protection and solutions strategies and results (impact, outcomes, outputs) in cooperation with relevant teams.
– Contribute to the development and implementation of monitoring plans across all implementation modalities, (partnerships, direct implementation, operational partners) ensuring consistency and coherence of UNHCR’s monitoring activities and an age, gender and diversity perspective in monitoring.
– Support the collection of monitoring data, including data from partners, primary, secondary, qualitative, quantitative and disaggregated in close collaboration with evaluation, data and IM staff.
– Support the management of monitoring systems, including entry, aggregation, reporting and sharing of data based on agreed protocols and standards.
– Support the MFT in planning and conducting monitoring activities and support the planning of monitoring visits, the documentation of findings and the follow up to monitoring recommendations.
– Compile, review and analyse monitoring reports and data of partners and teams, ensuring quality assurance and compliance with established policies, guidelines, procedures and standards. Generate monitoring and progress reports on a regular basis.
– Assist teams and partners in selecting and designing indicators for multi-partner initiatives (including UNSDCF, HRP, RRP etc.) ensuring coherence and avoiding gaps and overlaps.
– Follow up on any changes in the operations and monitoring plan, verify baselines, targets and actuals contributing to the soundness of Operations Plan and enhancement of data quality.
– Support UNHCR and partner staff in applying UNHCR’s results-based management monitoring standards and procedures.
– Support processes to link monitoring to the operation’s evaluation and risk management plan.
– Use UNHCR’s corporate tools (e.g. Focus Client, Global Focus Insight and FOCUS Reader) and existing guidance for core activities related to monitoring.
– Contribute actively to innovative solutions for monitoring and to UNHCR’s global community of practice on monitoring.
– Perform other related duties as required.
Standard Job Description
Evaluation Training – Other
This position doesn’t require a functional clearance
Postuler (Apply for the job) sur son site Internet: https://unhcr.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/External/job/Bertoua-Cameroon/Senior-Programme-Monitoring-Assistant_JR2316536?locationCountry=b579d21545a140c49418f0a3451a3160
The Weekly Job Report, Le rapport de travail hebdomadaire: https://afriquejobs.com/?s=Job+Report
All companies hiring (Entreprises qui emploi au Cameroun): https://www.afriquejobs.com/2020/07/emplois-jobs-au-cameroun-liste-des.html
More jobs (Plus d\’offres d\’emploi): https://www.afriquejobs.com/