Senior Resettlement Assistant, Assistant principal à la réinstallation, Bertoua, UNHCR
Role Responsibilities/ Responsabilités du rôle
Residential location (if applicable)
Staff Member / Affiliate Type
Regular > Regular Assignment
Remote work accepted
Target Start Date
Job Posting End Date
April 23, 2023
Standard Job Description
Senior Resettlement Assistant
Organizational Setting and Work Relationships
A Senior Resettlement Assistant position is typically located at Multi-Country Office, Branch Office or Field Office. Under supervision, the incumbent’s primary role is to assist the supervisor in effective resettlement delivery of a given UNHCR Office in accordance with the UNHCR Resettlement Handbook, UNHCR Manual and relevant policy papers and publications. The incumbent provides important clerical and administrative support to resettlement operations and may as required take part in assessing cases for resettlement and conducting interviews. S/he maintains frequent contacts with the supervisor, relevant colleagues within the same Office or Offices under purview to exchange information and discuss issues on resettlement cases. Some contacts and communication at a working level are required with Embassy / Immigration Officials of resettlement countries, IOM as well as with other operating partners regarding resettlement issues.
All UNHCR staff members are accountable to perform their duties as reflected in their job description. They do so within their delegated authorities, in line with the regulatory framework of UNHCR which includes the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules, UNHCR Policies and Administrative Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks. In addition, staff members are required to discharge their responsibilities in a manner consistent with the core, functional, cross-functional and managerial competencies and UNHCR¿s core values of professionalism, integrity and respect for diversity.
– Carry out preliminary interviews and initial assessments to process refugees for resettlement following established procedures.
– Prepare written documentation for resettlement submission; ensure that records / files of individual cases are updated in a systematic and timely manner.
– Assess and review individual resettlement cases and prepare individual / group submission for scrutiny by the supervisor.
– Provide persons of concern (PoC) with up-to-date and accurate information on UNHCR’s resettlement policies and procedures.
– Comply with UNHCR’s standard operating procedures on resettlement, ensuring timely action on cases.
– Follow up on cases from time of submission to final decision and departure; ensure effective in-country communication on the status and follow-up on PoC being considered for resettlement.
– Assist in maintaining and updating proGres or Consolidated Online Resettlement Tracking System (CORTS) database and provide technical support.
– Coordinate travel and departure arrangements for refugees accepted for resettlement.
– Organize logistical support for governments undertaking resettlement missions.
– Provide administrative support for resettlement-related training activities, including organization of resettlement workshops and meetings as required.
– Maintain accurate resettlement statistics as well as up-to-date records on individual cases; assist in the preparation of reports.
– Draft / type routine correspondence to Field Offices / Multi-Country Offices / Headquarters.
– Systematically apply an Age, Gender and Diversity perspective in all aspects of the resettlement process; comply with UNHCR policy and guidelines on HIV/AIDS.
– Assist in mitigating resettlement fraud by reporting suspected fraud.
– Recommend eligible cases for resettlement consideration.
– Provide counselling to PoC.
– Perform other related duties as required.
Education & Professional Work Experience
Years of Experience / Degree Level
For G5 – 2 years relevant experience with High School Diploma; or 1 year relevant work experience with Bachelor or equivalent or higher
Field(s) of Education
(Field(s) of Education marked with an asterisk* are essential)
Certificates and/or Licenses
(Certificates and Licenses marked with an asterisk* are essential)
Relevant Job Experience
Good knowledge of resettlement issues and UNHCR resettlement policies and operational applications. Completion of UNHCR specific learning/training activities (e.g., PLP and RSD/Resettlement Learning Programme, resettlement anti-fraud workshop).
PR-Refugee Resettlement programs
PR-Resettlement Anti-Fraud Policy and Procedures
(Functional Skills marked with an asterisk* are essential)
For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
All UNHCR workforce members must individually and collectively, contribute towards a working environment where each person feels safe, and empowered to perform their duties. This includes by demonstrating no tolerance for sexual exploitation and abuse, harassment including sexual harassment, sexism, gender inequality, discrimination and abuse of power.
As individuals and as managers, all must be proactive in preventing and responding to inappropriate conduct, support ongoing dialogue on these matters and speaking up and seeking guidance and support from relevant UNHCR resources when these issues arise.
This is a Standard Job Description for all UNHCR jobs with this job title and grade level. The Operational Context may contain additional essential and/or desirable qualifications relating to the specific operation and/or position. Any such requirements are incorporated by reference in this Job Description and will be considered for the screening, shortlisting and selection of candidates.
Desired Candidate Profile
Avoir une bonne connaissance de la zone de travail. Justifier de la connaissance du Foufoulde ou du Sango serait un atout.
Required languages (expected Overall ability is at least B2 level):
Occupational Safety and Health Considerations:
Nature of Position:
Living and Working Conditions:
CO-Cross-cultural communication, PR-Refugee Resettlement programs, PR-Resettlement Anti-Fraud Policy and Procedures
International Law – Other, International Relations – Other
Accountability, Analytical thinking, Client & results orientation, Commitment to continuous learning, Communication, Organizational awareness, Planning & organizing, Stakeholder management, Teamwork & collaboration
UNHCR Salary Calculator
This position doesn’t require a functional clearance
Postuler (Apply for the job) sur son site Internet: https://unhcr.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/External/job/Bertoua-Cameroon/Snr-Resettlement-Asst_JR2316851?locationCountry=b579d21545a140c49418f0a3451a3160
The Weekly Job Report, Le rapport de travail hebdomadaire: https://afriquejobs.com/?s=Job+Report
All companies hiring (Entreprises qui emploi au Cameroun): https://www.afriquejobs.com/2020/07/emplois-jobs-au-cameroun-liste-des.html
More jobs (Plus d\’offres d\’emploi): https://www.afriquejobs.com/