SENIOR FINANCE MANAGER, DIRECTEUR FINANCIER SÉNIOR, Douala, AMSCO
Role Responsibilities/ Responsabilités du rôle
Reports to : The CEO
Scope : Nationwide (with expansion prospects into the CEMAC sub region)
Our client is a deeply established company owning exclusive franchise of some of the most internationally reputed brands in the cosmetic industry (personal care) as well as in the dairy & other food products. To consolidate their long-standing success in international representation & distribution, the client is setting up a giant and ultra-modern manufacturing facility. This exciting project is driven by heavy weight investors and a visionary leadership team in which the Senior Finance Manager is expected to make a significant contribution.
Working closely with and under the supervision of the CEO, the Senior Finance Manager will demonstrate their financial leadership, showing initiative, innovation and business savvy approach to the financial strategy of the company in order to guarantee its sustainable profitability.
The position is responsible for the overall finance function of the company, including investment planning, P&L management, audit support, budgeting, forecasting, CAPEX & OPEX efficiency and fiscal exigencies.
The position is also responsible to oversee internal controls and processes across the organisation and to support the operations through effective management of stakeholders including, suppliers and bankers.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- In consultation with the CEO, develop and implement the investment plan of the company in line with the guidelines of the Board of Directors
- Own the business modelling process, asset acquisition & management as well as the overall business planning & execution to achieve set KPI’s
- Lead the development of annual operational and capital expenditure budgets, monitoring income and expenditure and taking appropriate and timely measures to address any variances
- Budget/target setting, management, review against actual expenditure and the production of monthly management reports of financial metrics and ratios
- Report monthly to the CEO on variances from the established budget, and the reasons for those variances
- Work closely with the bankers and investors to ensure a smooth implementation of the Business plan on time & on CASH
- Forecast cash flow positions, any related borrowing needs, and available funds for investment.
- Ensure that sufficient funds are available to meet ongoing operational and capital investment requirements.
- Maintain and improve banking relationships
- Assist the CEO in determining the company’s proper capital structure.
- Ensure assets are appropriately valued and registered
- Invest funds in accordance with Board directives
RISK MANAGEMENT & BUSINESS IMPROVEMENT
- Foster a risk management culture ensuring identified risk is managed appropriately in accordance with its risk rating.
- Monitor for irregularities and risk, and provide timely advice to the CEO on matters of concern that could adversely impact the company.
- Ensure finance team staff are appropriately trained and credentialed to facilitate a well-controlled financial environment.
- Engage in benchmarking studies to establish areas of potential operational improvement.
- Proactively manage the company’s key stakeholders to ensure constant strategic alignment and smooth business operations
- Maintain and grow relationships with company’s current and potential banking institutions & investors.
- Develop financial information for the CEO and the Board within specified timeframes and ad hoc as required
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- University degree in Finance. MBA in Finance will be an advantage
- Professional certification(s) – ACCA, CPA, CA, IFRS, including continuing professional development and learning
- At least 10 years demonstrated senior financial team management, reporting and control experience
- A strong track record in managing/leading large investment projects – financial modelling, forecasting, asset management, projections, CAPEX & OPEX planning and reporting
- Deep understanding and hands on experience in managing financial and other business performance metrics & ratios – P&L, ROI, Liquidity, Cash flow etc
- Financial leadership qualities backed up by exceptional analytical and numerical skills
- A Thorough understanding of financial governance practices, especially in the CEMAC context
. GCE Advance level or equivalence in mathematics
- Experience in the FMCG manufacturing industry is a must
- Advanced skills in Excel and proficient across a range of MS suite platforms and finance softwares
and other reporting systems and tools
- High profile stakeholder management & influencing skills – Board, Investors, Bankers, etc
- Exceptional communication skills – in written & spoken English, fluency in French an advantage
- Great project management skills (managing high value & complex projects)
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- High level attention to detail and ability to work to tight deadlines
APPLICATION DEADLINE : 31st March 2023
Postuler (Apply for the job) sur son site Internet: https://amsco-advisory-services.odoo.com/fr/jobs/detail/senior-finance-manager-150
The Weekly Job Report, Le rapport de travail hebdomadaire: https://afriquejobs.com/?s=Job+Report
All companies hiring (Entreprises qui emploi au Cameroun): https://www.afriquejobs.com/2020/07/emplois-jobs-au-cameroun-liste-des.html
More jobs (Plus d\’offres d\’emploi): https://www.afriquejobs.com/