Administrative Assistant, Adjointe administrative, Batouri, UNHCR
Role Responsibilities/ Responsabilités du rôle
Posted 4 Days Ago
job requisition id
Residential location (if applicable)
Staff Member / Affiliate Type
Regular > Regular Assignment
Remote work accepted
Target Start Date
Job Posting End Date
March 27, 2023
Standard Job Description
Organizational Setting and Work Relationships
The Administrative Assistant will provide administrative assistance to the immediate supervisor and/or Head of the Office, and/or to the Unit as a whole to ensure that routine services and activities within the administrative domain are properly implemented. As per specific instructions, the incumbent may require liaising with other internal or external entities, to ensure effective delivery of services and achievement of objectives. The assignments are mostly standard tasks including limited interpretation of subject matter and information exchange between staff in the office, at the duty station and external officials of other institutions to ensure mutual understanding. The incumbent¿s workload and the assignments will remain under constant guidance and direction of the supervisor.
The Administrative Assistant is a position within an office/Division/Bureau that requires basic knowledge of administrative rules, procedures as well as operational standards of a UNHCR office. The nature of certain administrative/personnel functions require discretion and confidentiality.
All UNHCR staff members are accountable to perform their duties as reflected in their job description. They do so within their delegated authorities, in line with the regulatory framework of UNHCR which includes the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules, UNHCR Policies and Administrative Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks. In addition, staff members are required to discharge their responsibilities in a manner consistent with the core, functional, cross-functional and managerial competencies and UNHCR¿s core values of professionalism, integrity and respect for diversity.
Within delegated authority, the Administrative Assistant will be responsible for the following duties: (These duties are generic and may not be carried out by all Administrative Assistant: please refer to the organizational context).
– Arrange appointments/meetings both internal and external, some involving high ranking officials.
– Receive visitors, place and screen telephone calls, respond to routine requests for information and take notes at meetings as and when required.
– Maintain hard and electronic office files and records; classify and code material relating to a variety of topics;
– Receive, review, sort and distribute all incoming and outgoing correspondence, office pouch and material, highlight priority items and attach necessary background information. Maintain a follow up system.
– May be required to maintain/update confidential files.
– Draft routine correspondence, memoranda and reports. Format more complex documents by using the appropriate technology.
– Facilitate implementation of Personnel administrative formalities and processing of documents in relation to official travels, leaves and movements of staff. Support staff members with processing personnel-related documentation.
– Maintain office inventory and stocks of office supplies. Monitor the asset management track to ensure all admin procurements and disposal of UNHCR property are done and recorded accurately.
– Assist the supervisor to monitor and record expenditure/disbursement of funds.
– Following instructions from the supervisor make logistic and administrative arrangements for seminars, workshops, and briefings that may be required by the Office/Division.
– May regulate and monitor routine provision of services and/or shifts from providers, as and when applicable;
– Monitor office/compound facilities and equipment and in consultation with the supervisor take appropriate action to ensure proper functioning at all time.
– Perform other related duties as required.
Education & Professional Work Experience
Years of Experience / Degree Level
G4 – 1 year relevant experience with High School Diploma; or Bachelor or equivalent or higher
Field(s) of Education
N / A
Certificates and/or Licenses
Business Administration, Finance, Office Management,
Human Resources or other related field
(Certificates and Licenses marked with an asterisk* are essential)
Relevant Job Experience
UN-UN/UNHCR Administrative Rules, Regulations and Procedures
IT-Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
(Functional Skills marked with an asterisk* are essential)
For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
All UNHCR workforce members must individually and collectively, contribute towards a working environment where each person feels safe, and empowered to perform their duties. This includes by demonstrating no tolerance for sexual exploitation and abuse, harassment including sexual harassment, sexism, gender inequality, discrimination and abuse of power.
As individuals and as managers, all must be proactive in preventing and responding to inappropriate conduct, support ongoing dialogue on these matters and speaking up and seeking guidance and support from relevant UNHCR resources when these issues arise.
This is a Standard Job Description for all UNHCR jobs with this job title and grade level. The Operational Context may contain additional essential and/or desirable qualifications relating to the specific operation and/or position. Any such requirements are incorporated by reference in this Job Description and will be considered for the screening, shortlisting and selection of candidates.
Desired Candidate Profile
Le candidat doit avoir de bonnes connaissances dans le domaine de la gestion administrative du Bureau, du bien-être du staff et les connaissances dans la gestion des ressources humaines serait un atout
Required languages (expected Overall ability is at least B2 level):
Occupational Safety and Health Considerations:
Nature of Position:
Living and Working Conditions:
IT-Computer Literacy, IT-Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), UN-UN/UNHCR Administrative Rules, Regulations and Procedures
Business Administration – Other, Finance – Other, HCR Learning Program – UNHCR, Human Resources – Other, Office Management – Other
Accountability, Client & results orientation, Commitment to continuous learning, Communication, Organizational awareness, Planning & organizing, Teamwork & collaboration
UNHCR Salary Calculator
This position doesn’t require a functional clearance
Postuler (Apply for the job) sur son site Internet: https://unhcr.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/External/job/Batouri-Cameroon/Admin-Assistant_JR2314869?locationCountry=b579d21545a140c49418f0a3451a3160
The Weekly Job Report, Le rapport de travail hebdomadaire: https://afriquejobs.com/?s=Job+Report
All companies hiring (Entreprises qui emploi au Cameroun): https://www.afriquejobs.com/2020/07/emplois-jobs-au-cameroun-liste-des.html
More jobs (Plus d\’offres d\’emploi): https://www.afriquejobs.com/