Dispatcher – All Interested Applicants / All Sources, Répartiteur – Tous les candidats intéressés / Toutes les sources, Yaoundé, U.S. Embassy Cameroon
Role Responsibilities/ Responsabilités du rôle
Dispatcher – All Interested Applicants / All Sources
03/03/2023 – 03/16/2023
Vacancy Time Zone:
LE – 1010 5
For More Info:
- Open to the public
Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency:
For USEFM – FP is 09. Actual FP salary determined by Washington D.C.
- All Interested Applicants / All Sources
Security Clearance Required:
Public Trust – Background Investigation
Appointment Type Details:
- Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period
We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
The work schedule for this position is:
Full Time (45 hours per week)
Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time upon receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
Relocation Expenses Reimbursed:
Back to top
Working in the Motor Pool unit of the General Services Office (GSO), the Dispatcher coordinates daily as well as advanced assignments for all drivers to schedule transportation for post personnel and official visitors. Coordinates among users and drivers to meet requests and ensure efficient operations; handles emergency transportation requests as needed. Arranges work shifts, shuttle and other official trip schedules to meet all transportation needs.
Back to top
Qualifications and Evaluations
EXPERIENCE: At least two years of professional driving experience in host country, plus one year motor vehicle dispatcher or fleet management experience is required.
JOB KNOWLEDGE: Good knowledge of host country traffic laws, vehicle licensing, registration, and procedures. Detailed knowledge of host country streets, traffic patterns, and commonly visited locations.
Completion of Secondary School is required.
LANGUAGE: Good Working Knowledge (Reading/Writing/Speaking) in both English and French languages are required. This may be tested.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: A valid driver’s license is required. Basic keyboard skills and skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook applications. This may be tested.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Qualified female applicants are encouraged to apply.
All applicants under consideration will be required to pass U.S. Embassy issued medical and security certifications.
Back to top
Benefits and Other Info
Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Yaoundé, Cameroon may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
For the current COVID-19 Requirements please visit the following link.
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), Letter from Veterans’ Affairs which indicates the present existence of a service-connected disability dated within the past six months, equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
Back to top
How to Apply
How to Apply:
All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a U.S. Embassy issued Security clearance.
To apply for this position, click the “Submit Application” button. For more information on how to apply visit the Mission internet site.
To qualify based on education, you MUST submit the requested certificate, degree and/or transcripts as verification of educational requirement by the closing date of this announcement. Failure to provide requested information, or the information is insufficient to verify eligibility, may result in disqualification for this position.
- Residency and/or Work Permit (if applicable)
- Secondary School completion certificate or its equivalent
- Driver’s License
- Proof of experience
Eligible Family Member Applicants:
- Copy of Sponsor’s Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent)
- Passport copy
- DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
ONLY Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
For further information – the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Yaoundé, Cameroon.
Postuler (Apply for the job) sur son site Internet: https://erajobs.state.gov/dos-era/vacancy/viewVacancyDetail.hms?_ref=ogdbwvf3pt0&returnToSearch=true&jnum=44850&orgId=73
The Weekly Job Report, Le rapport de travail hebdomadaire: https://afriquejobs.com/?s=Job+Report
All companies hiring (Entreprises qui emploi au Cameroun): https://www.afriquejobs.com/2020/07/emplois-jobs-au-cameroun-liste-des.html
More jobs (Plus d\’offres d\’emploi): https://www.afriquejobs.com/