Administrative Assistant (AUSC), Adjoint administratif (AUSC), Cameroun, African Union
Role Responsibilities/ Responsabilités du rôle
Date: Jan 13, 2023
Location: AU Sports Council (Cameroon), Cameroon
Organization: African Union
- Respect for Diversity and Team work • Think Africa Above all
- Transparency and Accountability • Integrity and Impartiality
- Efficiency and Professionalism • Information and Knowledge Sharing
Reports to: Finance and Administrative Assistant
Directorate/Department: AU Sports Council
Division: Finance and Administration Unit
Number of Direct Reports: 0
Number of Indirect Reports: 0
Job Grade: GSA5
Number of Positions: 1
Contract Type: Regular
Location: Yaounde, Cameroon
Purpose of Job
To facilitate the smooth functioning of administrative support services, including but not limited to administration – office management, general services, operations, records management, procurement etc – within the Finance and Administration Unit of AUSC and beyond, as required.
- Provide timely operational support
- Assist in activity planning
- Prepare operational work schedules and follow up implementation
- Coordinate and/or engage in technical assistance and/or logistical work
- Assist in the creation, improvement and maintenance of operational processes and systems
- Prepare office communication and draft reports.
- Handle communication at operational level and provide update
- Assist in the compilation and maintenance of data and information for preparation, implementation and monitoring of budgets, activities etc
- Provide administrative support in accordance with the Terms of Reference of the Office;
- Undertake all administrative matters relating to the organisation of meetings, seminars, workshops and conferences planned under the AU Sports Council’s work plan, including securing and arranging meeting venues, arranging participants’ travel, and other administrative arrangements;
- Organise all travel related to the work of the AUSC, including fact finding missions, follow up missions and similar activities which require travel arrangements;
- Assist the Office in the timely preparation of relevant papers and documents for meetings, seminars, workshops and conferences, and in the finalization of related reports;
- Undertake administrative action related to the procurement of equipment and services including preparation of purchase orders, contracts for consultants, related payment requests, and monitoring and follow-up on such requests;
- Liaise with partner agencies on relevant administrative and financial matters, as well as with internal stakeholders including Administration, Finance, HR Units within AUSC and the respective directorates at AU HQ level, as required.
- Assist the implementation and monitoring of budgets as need be. Liaise with the Accounts Assistant and the FAO on budgetary matters as required.
- Provide communications support and assistance to ensure timely responses to inquiries, email and correspondences, assist the team of Secretaries whenever required.
- Draft and finalise correspondence, reports and documents and ensuring correctness of style and compliance with AU procedures and standards;
- Organise both incoming and outgoing correspondence, including the establishment of a physical and electronic log/registry system and filing; create, update and maintain special files (of confidential nature or for closer access for respective official’s use) through an organized filing system
- Manage correspondence for priority action, notification of deadlines and acting on routine matters;
- Arrange and maintain calendar of appointments and preparing travel plans for missions; schedule appointments, meetings and travel arrangements that may include coordinating arrangements for multiple participants
- Perform such other tasks as required.
Academic Requirements and Relevant Experience
- Diploma OR Bachelor Degree in Administration, Management, Office Management or related fields with three (3) and two (2) years relevant work experience respectively.
- Experience in international organizations will be high advantage.
- Experience or knowledge of tasks related to office management, secretarial tasks, records management, procurement and supply chain management are required
- Understanding of procurement processes is required
- Understanding and experience of facilities management, correspondence handling is required.
- Experience in drafting official communication is required; experience in preparing reports and summaries, presenting information allowing easy analysis and understanding is required.
- Experience in organizing events, liaising with various support functions and stakeholders.
- Excellent drafting and data presentation skills
- Capacity to work under pressure and according to precisely set timelines
- Ability to coordinate activities, contribute to planning, understand linkage between activities and the office’s objectives
- Excellent knowledge and experience to use computer applications including but not limited to MS-Word, MS-Excel, MS-PowerPoint. Experience in using SAP will be an important advantage.
- Very good interpersonal skills, capacity to work and go along with a variety of personalities and stakeholders
- Very good communication skills, both written and spoken
- Excellent organization skills, very good time management skills
- Attention to detail; proactive, adaptable and flexible as required
- Ability to understand the requirements and standards of both internal and external stakeholders; readiness to assist at all times.
- Understanding of AU working systems, specifically those in overall administration, human resources, finance, procurement, protocol, and conference management is an advantage.
- Understanding of the diplomatic work environment, its requirements and contexts is required.
- Proficiency in one of the AU working languages (English, French, Arabic, Portuguese or Spanish) is required and fluency in any other second AU working language will be an advantage. Mastery of the French language will be a preferred advantage.
..Risk Awareness and Compliance
..Teamwork and Collaboration
..Accountability awareness and Compliance
Job Knowledge and information sharing
..Continuous Improvement Awareness
TENURE OF APPOINTMENT:
The appointment will be made on a regular term contract for a period of three (3) years, of which the first twelve months shall be considered as a probationary period. Thereafter, the contract will be for a period of two years renewable, subject to satisfactory performance and deliverables.
The AU Commission is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Proficiency in one of the AU working languages (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese, and Spanish) and fluency in another AU language is an added advantage
Indicative basic salary of US$ 15,758.00 (GSA5 Step 1) per annum plus other related entitlements e.g. Post adjustment (48% of basic salary), Housing allowance US$ 16,813.44 (per annum), and education allowance (100% of tuition and other education-related expenses for every eligible dependent up to a maximum of US$ 10,000.00 per child per annum), for internationally recruited staff and a maximum of $3,300 per child per annum for locally recruited staff
Applications must be made not later than February 13, 2023
Only candidates who have met all the requirements of the post and have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
Only applications registered online with a complete curriculum vitae (CV) attached will be considered.
The Africa Union is an equal opportunity employer and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Requisition ID: 1611
Postuler (Apply for the job) sur son site Internet: https://jobs.au.int/job/AU-Sports-Council-%28Cameroon%29-Administrative-Assistant-%28AUSC%29/762793302/
The Weekly Job Report, Le rapport de travail hebdomadaire: https://afriquejobs.com/?s=Job+Report
All companies hiring (Entreprises qui emploi au Cameroun): https://www.afriquejobs.com/2020/07/emplois-jobs-au-cameroun-liste-des.html
More jobs (Plus d\’offres d\’emploi): https://www.afriquejobs.com/