Grants and Fundraising specialist, Spécialiste des subventions et de la collecte de fonds, Yaoundé, Sysy House of Fame
Role Responsibilities/ Responsabilités du rôle
Sysy House of Fame is an organisation that contributes to Sustainable Development by harnessing the potential of Arts, Culture, and Sports. We are a people-centred organisation that believes in using innovative and creative approaches to global issues.
We support people to be at the centre of change while building a prosperous and peaceful world. We inspire people to dare to create the change they want. To do this effectively, we use sports and different forms of artistic expressions to enhance the Sustainable Development Goals. Thus promoting various forms of artistic expressions, training and development becomes a key part of our work. Born in the heart of the ongoing armed conflict in Bamenda, Cameroon, we are prioritising the wellbeing and development of children.
For the past 3 years, we have been able to create footprints in the Arts and Culture industry and also in the development sector. We have registered remarkable success and have created a strong partnership with both local and international organisations. We are looking to improve our fundraising and increase our outreach. The focus is on improving different fundraising mediums such as grants, and individual giving. Crowdfunding and developing new methods of fundraising.
Manager- Grants & Fundraising is expected to impact and influence the following critical areas;
Develop & implement a fundraising plan to grow and sustain income
Develop strategic partnerships for fundraising
Efficient management of all donor contracts
Develop programs and quality proposals
Your responsibilities will include, but are not restricted to:
Conduct research and analysis of global donors to increase understanding of the donor environment around the work we do as well as long-term perspectives and preferences.
Map and identify New donors – in consultation with the CEO, and other necessary team members – who could complement SHF’s work in any funding opportunity.
Preparation and submission of good-quality grant applications.
Develop and contribute to the fundraising strategy. A particular focus should be placed on larger multi-year grants.
Generate grant income to meet costs and targets outlined in the fundraising strategy.
Maintain excellent relationships with grant funders who are currently supporting the organisation and develop new relationships with prospective funders.
Prospect research of new funding opportunities to support smaller grant applications.
Support the development of new projects or reshape existing projects to maximise funding potential.
Line Management of one staff member and potentially room for future expansion.
Database and fundraising
Maintain and support the development of an accurate database that informs reporting and activity associated with grant applications, funder management, and income targets.
Use the database and other record-keeping to provide accurate and timely grant reports.
Use database reporting to monitor and manage team targets.
Develop awareness-raising and income generation activities.
Identify other income generation sources which could contribute to SHF’s income.
Play a proactive role in developing new fundraising campaigns and assist in their ongoing promotion.
– Must have worked with an international organisation or have experience collaborating with INGOs
– Must have at least 4 years of experience
– Extremely strong communication, negotiation, and representational skills and ability to work with international organisations.
– Great information analysis skills
– Knowledge of key funding issues and donor priorities in the field
Technical/ Job Related
– Significant experience in fundraising in a competitive environment and niche issue
– Experience in leading donor engagement
– Ability to work with a team of technical leaders working on priority themes of Arts, Culture, Sports, and the Sustainable Development goals.
– Good understanding of project design, project cycle management, and log frame development.
Demonstrable experience and knowledge of major bilateral donors, Trusts & Foundations, and a wide range of charities.
– Experience of working with at least 2 of the major donors prioritised by SHF (Foreign embassies in Cameroon, Goethe Institute, European Union, UN agencies, Open Society Foundation).
– Skills to train and support partners in developing resource mobilisation strategy and the techniques of fundraising.
– Proven track record in contract management and donor servicing
– Strong numeracy skills, with an understanding of budgets and spreadsheets
– Results Orientation towards own and team’s role in line with organisational priorities
– Decisive, passionate and driven for high-quality work
– Working with others, in a team environment, receiving and providing feedback, contributing to the team’s success, and managing conflicts if it occurs
– Leading Others by defining organisational and team vision, supporting the development of team members
– Self-Management, by demonstrating Integrity and credibility, leading by example, committed, knowledgeable, and confident on the job functions, and superior communication skills
– Language skills
Proficiency in English is required
Knowledge of an additional language is an advantage.
Kindly send a CV and Cover letter to email@example.com
For inquiries, tel: 681133400
Deadline: Jan 25th 2023.
Please note that applications will be evaluated on a rolling basis.
Must be able to dedicate at least 4-5 hours a day to the job but flexible enough to work extended in case of any urgency.
This position is not remote with possibilities of travel within and out of the country and some time to work from home
There is also possibilities of physical meetups and engagements with donors and other stakeholders involved in fundraising
Physical meeting with rest of the team also possible
Number of grant applications submitted
Number of grants applications successful
Database for Individual giving developed
Number of individual giving members gained
Amount of Funds raised
Engagements with partners and donors.
Reporting will be done monthly
Postuler (Apply for the job) sur son site Internet: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/3433090442/
The Weekly Job Report, Le rapport de travail hebdomadaire: https://afriquejobs.com/?s=Job+Report
All companies hiring (Entreprises qui emploi au Cameroun): https://www.afriquejobs.com/2020/07/emplois-jobs-au-cameroun-liste-des.html
More jobs (Plus d\’offres d\’emploi): https://www.afriquejobs.com/