COVID-19 Testing, care and treatment Technical Officer, Agent technique de dépistage, de soins et de traitement COVID-19, Yaoundé, The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF)
Role Responsibilities/ Responsabilités du rôle
Job Title: COVID-19 Testing, care and treatment Technical Officer
Number of Positions: 02
Location : West and Centre Regions
Nature of Contract: Local Permanent Fixed Term, 12 months renewable
Reports to: Country Lead- UNITAID COVID 19 Project
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) is the recognised global leader in the fight against HIV AIDS in children and an advocate for every child to live a full and healthy life into adulthood. It works in 19 countries and more than 5,500 health facilities around the world to prevent the transmission of HIV to children and to help those already infected. Today, thanks to the highly successful work of the Foundation and its partners, pediatric AIDS has been virtually eliminated in the United States. With a global staff of more than 7,000, nine out of 10 of whom work in the field, the Foundation’s global mission is to implement HIV prevention, care and treatment programs; advance innovative research; and conduct strategic, targeted global advocacy to bring dramatic change to the lives of millions of women, children and families around the world. For more information, visit our webpage: http://www.pedaids.org
The emergence of the global COVID-19 pandemic has brought new challenges to already strained health systems around the world. As part of the UNITAID COVID-19 project, EGPAF will work with the country teams of the COVID-19 working group to accelerate end-to-end access to new solutions to respond to the COVID-19 pandemic through testing, isolation, care and treatment approaches tailored to the needs of low- and middle-income countries (LMICs) such as Cameroon, Kenya and Mozambique.
With funding from UNITAID, EGPAF Cameroon is seeking to recruit two regional COVID-19 testing, care and treatment technical officers for the Catalysing COVID-19 ACTION (CCA) project. This Catalytic project will contribute to the reduction of mortality and severe illness due to COVID-19; identify and treat/isolate more to reduce transmission of COVID infection and improve pandemic preparedness and early detection of epidemics. Technical leaders in testing, care and public health ministries on new solutions and approaches to Covid-19 testing, care and treatment to improve access to COVID-19 case identification and management.
Under the supervision of the Country Project Manager, in collaboration with the Regional Public Health Delegation, local partners, the Technical Officer for Testing, Care and Treatment will work to ensure the success of the COVID-19 Improvement Project programme through effective, appropriate and quality implementation, data quality assessment. He/she will provide support to initial and ongoing training, supervision, mentoring, coordination, supply chain management, laboratory, quality assurance, monitoring and evaluation and data management within the project, EGPAF and at the regional level. To this end, he/she will conduct the following activities to strengthen access to COVID-19 testing and case management in his/her base region.
– Support the implementation of national guidelines for the response to COVID-19 including testing, linkage to care and management of positive cases, including infection control measures;
– Support and ensure implementation of innovative approaches to systematically integrate COVID-19 testing through existing routine services, including HIV, TB and MNCH services
– Ensure the adoption and use of nationally appropriate guidelines, standard operating procedure (SOP) tools for specimen collection, testing, algorithms and referral for management of COVID-19 positive patients;
– Support the design and implementation of a screening, care and treatment model, facilitating the rapid deployment of testing, care and treatment and reporting of results in the construction of an optimised diagnostic network;
– Assess and select sites for programme scale-up and conduct a baseline capacity building gap analysis to inform site upgrading and training needs in collaboration with the Ministry of Health and other stakeholders
– Work closely with the MINSANTE to ensure ongoing training and mentoring of the multidisciplinary medical/paramedical team on SARS-COV-2 tools, guidelines, rapid antigen testing, linkage to care and treatment in all selected health facilities to optimize quality of care and empower staff.
– Ensure linkage to treatment of moderate to severe positive cases from satellite sites to referral sites for appropriate and quality hospital management
– Work with the community engagement officer and district focal points to improve community intervention strategies, supervise COVID-19 community activities (sensitization, mobilization, community screening and linkage to care and contact tracing)
– Work in collaboration with the regional reference laboratory and the regional funds supply chain on quality assurance of COVID-19 tests, infection prevention and control measures and stock monitoring;
– Support the implementation of innovative digital tools for mentoring and coaching of health workers;
– Assist in regional planning, monitoring and coordination of programme implementation at regional, district and site level and provide regular updates to the Country Manager and Health Delegation team;
– Assist the Project Manager in managing relationships with the Ministry of Public Health and other partner organisations at regional and district level for ownership of innovative project approaches;
– Support the Ministry of Health and the EGPAF Strategic Information and Evaluation Team in collecting data for decision-making;
– Support the Ministry of Health and the EGPAF Strategic Information and Evaluation Team to collect data for decision making; Support data collection, verification and analysis and submit monthly summary reports to the EGPAF coordination team and the regional Incident Management System manager
- Diplôme en médecine avec au moins cinq ans d’expérience de pratique clinique ;
- Inscription auprès de l’Ordre National des Médecins du Cameroun est obligatoire ;
- Bonne connaissance et compréhension des soins et du traitement du VIH, de la tuberculose, de la PTME et de la SMI ;
- Une spécialisation en maladies infectieuses ou en médecine interne serait un avantage ;
- Avoir travailler dans un site faisant le dépistage et la prise en charge des patients COVID-19 et/ou avoir coordonner la réponse COVID-19 au niveau Régional/District ou Formation sanitaire
- Une preuve documentée de la formation sur le COVID-19 dans le cadre du développement professionnel continu serait un atout ;
- Une très bonne maîtrise du logiciel Microsoft (Word, Excel et PowerPoint) est obligatoire
- Langue : bilinguisme (français et anglais). Cependant, la maîtrise du français est une exigence clé. De plus, être capable d’écrire et d’encadrer quelqu’un d’autre dans l’autre langue est absolument requis ;
- Capacité de travailler seul et en équipe et de solides compétences en communication interpersonnelle
- Forte éthique de travail et capacité et volonté de travailler sous pression ;
- Capacité à travailler en équipe et volonté d’apprendre ;
- Bien maitriser la région est un atout majeur.
- Medical degree with at least five years of clinical practice experience;
- Registration with the National Medical Association of Cameroon is mandatory;
- Good knowledge and understanding of HIV, TB, PMTCT and MCH care and treatment;
- Specialization in infectious diseases or internal medicine would be an advantage;
- Have worked in a site doing COVID-19 testing and management and/or have coordinated the COVID-19 response at Regional/District or Health Facility level
- Documented evidence of training on COVID-19 as part of continuing professional development would be an advantage;
- Very good command of Microsoft software (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) is mandatory
- Language: Bilingualism (French and English). However, fluency in French is a key requirement. In addition, being able to write and coach someone else in the other language is required;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and strong interpersonal communication skills
- Strong work ethic and ability and willingness to work under pressure;
- Ability to work in a team and willingness to learn;
- Good knowledge of the region is a major asset.
The Foundation expects all employees to possess the core competencies of interpersonal skills, communication, accountability, continuous learning and achieving results. The ideal candidate will be either proficient or advanced in the following skill set, specific to the officer level of this position:
- Team Building – Team building is the ability of an individual to inspire and foster team commitment, spirit, pride and confidence. He/she also facilitates cooperation and motivates team members to achieve group goals
- Customer Service – Customer service is the ability of an individual to anticipate and respond to the needs of internal and external customers while providing high quality products and services and being committed to continuous improvement
- Decision-making ability – Decision-making ability is the ability of an individual to make informed, effective and timely decisions, even when data is limited or solutions produce unpleasant consequences. He or she will also see the impact and implications of decisions.
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to the requirements of federal law, EGPAF complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in each location where the Foundation has facilities.
This position is subject to donor funding.
Postuler (Apply for the job) sur son site Internet: https://phe.tbe.taleo.net/phe02/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=PEDAIDS&cws=41&rid=2911
The Weekly Job Report, Le rapport de travail hebdomadaire: https://afriquejobs.com/?s=Job+Report
All companies hiring (Entreprises qui emploi au Cameroun): https://www.afriquejobs.com/2020/07/emplois-jobs-au-cameroun-liste-des.html
More jobs (Plus d\’offres d\’emploi): https://www.afriquejobs.com/