Senior Network Engineer, Ingénieur réseau sénior, Douala, SWECOM LTD
Role Responsibilities/ Responsabilités du rôle
JOB VACANCY (BE THE FIRST TO APPLY)
SWECOM LTD is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the positions of;
DEADLINE JANUARY 31st 2023.
Senior Network Engineer
IP Core Network Coordinator
As a Senior Network Engineer, you will be responsible for the design, implementation, and management of critical IP production networks associated with IP platforms, Internet Backbone infrastructure and media content contribution/distribution.
You will have a dedication and commitment to providing a high-level technical competence, professionalism, and customer service. In addition, you will have experience managing complex projects including major network implementation with a curiosity for to continuously improve and build on our current processes.
ü Contribute to the design of the SWECOM Core and Distribution Networks, with a focus on the end customer experience, quality of service and infrastructure delivery
ü Design distribution network solutions and its associated provisioning and assurance systems, including, but not limited to, validation of technical requirements assessment of platforms or vendors compilation of budgetary requirements
ü Implement in time, the Core Transport Networks nodes and points-of-presence (PoP) in line with the design principles and business requirements; Strong focus on releasing and maintaining up-to-date documentation (drawings/operational procedures/trouble shooting guides)
ü Responsible for proactive maintenance of the Core Transport Networks, through upgrades and preventive maintenances and for reactive maintenance via Level 3 network engineering support to Network Operations staff during office hours and on-call by rotation during out of business hours
ü Engineering and business support for sales, sales engineering and product development teams both for Video and Networks with focus on customer requirements, operational efficiency and budgetary requirement
ü Senior representative and lead for Distribution Network Engineering in cross-functional and company strategic projects
ü Be able to understand and effectively interact with all stakeholders in the infrastructure and service delivery process
ü Create high quality documentation and reports for team members and/or cross-functional peers and management
ü Subject-matter expert in systems and technologies deployed in the Core Transport Networks, service provider best practices.
ü Manage allocated SWECOM sites, hardware upgrades and capacity planning
Qualification & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electronics/Engineering/IT, or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in IP networking and LAN/WAN technologies including but not limited to Layer 2 & 3, network architecture and design
- Thorough understanding of ISP backbone networks and associated services
- Proven track record in design, implementation and support of high availability IP/MPLS networks in the Service Provider domain along with associated security, traffic management and monitoring systems
- Track record of designing and supporting end-to-end solutions in a service provider environment, experience with satellite delivered services is an advantage
- Proficient knowledge in OSPF, MPLS, BGP, MPLS, MPLS-TE, RSVP, Multicast and multicast VPN
- Experience in Cisco IOS XE platforms and in using automation tools and technologies
- Cisco Certified at professional level (Service Provider tracks)
- Able to read, write and debug shell code and other scripting languages (e.g., Ansible, Python).
- Experience with Fortinet Firewalls
- Understanding of authentication and authentication protocols such as TACACS, RADIUS and LDAP and experience in managing IP Address Management tools and managing DNS/DHCP servers and services
Skills and Abilities
Excellent troubleshooting skills
Good organizational and communication skills
Ability to work under pressure
Enthusiastic, ready to take challenges, positive, team player
Postuler (Apply for the job) sur son site Internet: E.mail: email@example.com
The Weekly Job Report, Le rapport de travail hebdomadaire: https://afriquejobs.com/?s=Job+Report
All companies hiring (Entreprises qui emploi au Cameroun): https://www.afriquejobs.com/2020/07/emplois-jobs-au-cameroun-liste-des.html
More jobs (Plus d\’offres d\’emploi): https://www.afriquejobs.com/