Security Operations Support Officer NOA (182143), Officier de soutien aux opérations de sécurité ANO (182143), Yaoundé, The United Nations World Food Programme
Role Responsibilities/ Responsabilités du rôle
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Advanced University degree in Security Management, International Relations or Law Enforcement or other relevant field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience and/or training/courses. A diploma obtained from Military/Police Academy with qualifying relevant experience may be accepted in lieu of the First University degree.
Experience: Typically one year or more of progressively responsible professional experience in security management (relevant military, policy or corporate) and/or security risk management, with a background and interest in international humanitarian development. Experience in managing support staff.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Good theoretical understanding of security management concepts and principals with a knowledge of best practices, techniques and processes.
- Ability to assimilate a range of information and make basic analyses to support the development of efficient solutions.
- Good communication skills and ability to adapt communication style to different situations and individuals.
- Ability to contribute to and/or deliver effective briefing and training, assessing participant needs.
- Knowledge of common business principals and processes and the ability to quickly assimilate UN/WFP specific processes and systems.
Language: Fluency (level C) in English language and the duty station’s language, if different.
These jobs are found in Regional Bureaux (RBs) or Country Offices (COs). Job holders typically work under general supervision of Regional/Country Directors and directly report to the Senior Security Officers, or Deputy Country Director in COs. Job holders operate under close guidance and receive regular feedback on work performed. They are involved in security operational support activities and analytical work of limited complexity.
To support the management of WFP’s security day-to-day operations to facilitate the effective delivery of programmes that meet food assistance needs and maintain the security and safety of WFP personnel, activities and facilities.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Contribute to the security and safety contingency and continuity planning for the office supporting the standardization and implementation of plans and that emergency systems are regularly tested for WFP facilities in-country.
- Liaise with United Nations Department of Safety and Security (UNDSS) and the in-country security management apparatus and attend security operations management meetings, to ensure WFP management and staff are fully briefed on security matters in RB/CO.
- In conjunction with WFP Field Security Division, provide operational support to the Country, Area and Field Offices for achievement of Minimum Operational Security Standards (MOSS) and Minimum Operational Residential Security Standards (MORSS) compliance.
- Responsible for all facilities access control measures and procedures to ensure safety and security of WFP staff and visitors in line with UNSMS best practices.
- Provide support to the management of security budget including procurement planning to facilitate efficient and cost effective resources management.
- Responsible for management of security equipment to ensure it is issued correctly, is in serviceable condition and is in compliance with the established security standards.
- Maintain liaison with Human Resources Unit regarding a number of security staffing matters (e.g. recruitment, contract management, capacity building), to ensure compliance with the established WFP policies and procedures.
- Collect information about local security developments, issues and potential impact upon WFP operations for supervisor’s attention in order to support security and operational activities.
- Prepare accurate and timely reports to contribute to the consistency of information presented to the senior managers.
- Provide security orientation briefing to newly arrived staff to ensure staff are well-informed of local security conditions and procedures.
- Support training activities as required to build the security capabilities of WFP and external partners.
- Support the supervisor during emergencies to meet changing needs.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Understands WFP’s Strategic Objectives and the link to own work objectives.
Be a force for positive change: Flexibly adapts individual contributions to accommodate changes in direction from supervisors and internal/external changes (such as evolving needs of beneficiaries, new requirements of partners).
Make the mission inspiring to our team: Recognizes and shares with team members the ways in which individual contributions relate to WFP’s mission.
Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Sets own goals in alignment with WFP’s overall operations, and is able to communicate this link to others.
Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Assesses own strengths and weaknesses to increase self-awareness, and includes these in conversations on own developmental needs.
Create an inclusive culture: Participates in open dialogue, and values the diverse opinion of others, regardless of background, culture, experience, or country assignment.
Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Proactively seeks feedback and coaching to build confidence, and develop and improve individual skills.
Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Participates in accomplishing team activities and goals in the face of challenging circumstances.
Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Shows willingness to explore and experiment with new ideas and approaches in own work.
Focus on getting results: Consistently delivers results within individual scope of work on time, on budget and without errors.
Make commitments and make good on commitments: Commits to upholding individual accountabilities and responsibilities in the face of ever-changing country or functional priorities.
Be Decisive: Makes rational decisions about individual activities when faced with uncertain circumstances, including in times of ambiguity regarding information or manager direction.
Connect and share across WFP units: Seeks to understand and adapt to internal or cross-unit teams’ priorities and preferred working styles.
Build strong external partnerships: Demonstrates ability to understand and appropriately respond to and/or escalate needs of external partners.
Be politically agile & adaptable: Portrays an informed and professional demeanor toward internal and external partners and stakeholders.
Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Provides operational support on analyses and assessments that quantifies and demonstrates WFP’s unique value as a partner.
Capability Name Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level
Strategic approach to security risk management Demonstrates understanding of strategic approaches to security to identify potential threats. Contributes to the creation and implementation of WFPs mitigation measures.
Operational knowledge of security risk management Exhibits good understanding of day to day security operations. Works within own remit to proactively contribute to solutions to single or multiple elements of organisational security challenges.
Security resource management Demonstrates ability to track and compile reports on HQ and Field staffing and financial resource usage on a project-level basis.
Analysis and solution development Demonstrates understanding of key UN inter-governmental body partner agencies. Understands implications of security information and reports and supports in the identification of mitigating actions against threats and vulnerabilities to WFP’s operations.
Planning compliance and emergency management Supports in planning and prioritisation practices in-line with established security policies and procedures.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
This section is optional to describe other duties, skills & knowledge required for the specific job.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Has supported projects and operational activities that maintain security operations functions and feed into overall strategic aims
- Has routinely provided coaching or training to new staff members within area of expertise
- Has collated data, assisted in analysis and drafting reports that inform security operations activities
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
WFP has a zero-tolerance approach to conduct such as fraud, sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to WFP’s standards of conduct and will therefore undergo rigorous background verification internally or through third parties. Selected candidates will also be required to provide additional information as part of the verification exercise. Misrepresentation of information provided during the recruitment process may lead to disqualification or termination of employment
WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.
Postuler (Apply for the job) sur son site Internet: https://career5.successfactors.eu//career?career_ns=job_listing&company=C0000168410P&navBarLevel=JOB_SEARCH&rcm_site_locale=en_GB&career_job_req_id=182143
The Weekly Job Report, Le rapport de travail hebdomadaire: https://afriquejobs.com/?s=Job+Report
All companies hiring (Entreprises qui emploi au Cameroun): https://www.afriquejobs.com/2020/07/emplois-jobs-au-cameroun-liste-des.html
More jobs (Plus d\’offres d\’emploi): https://www.afriquejobs.com/