Team Assistant, Assistante d’équipe, Yaoundé, The World Bank
Role Responsibilities/ Responsabilités du rôle
Job #: req20428
Organization: World Bank
Term Duration: 2 years 0 months
Recruitment Type: Local Recruitment
Required Language(s): English
Preferred Language(s): French
Closing Date: 12/26/2022 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC
The World Bank Cameroon Country Office is looking for a highly organized, energized and experienced person capable of operating effectively in a very demanding fast-paced environment to serve as a Team Assistant. The Team Assistant will be under direct supervision of the Senior Executive Assistant (SEA) who is responsible for her/his technical and professional development and performance evaluation. The Team Assistant is an integral part of the Cameroon Country Office Administrative and Client Support (ACS) team. (S)He will provide administrative and client support to the operational staff. The job implies frequent interaction with other institutional units, staff in other locations (locally and internationally), government officials, consultants and external organizations.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITY
The duties include but are not limited to:
Operational, Logistic, and administrative support
- Be an integral part of task teams with the objectives of obtaining the results. This requires thinking ahead, paying attention to details, solving problems, being proactive, knowing the relevant stakeholders, alerting the senior staff of any issues that might hinder the objectives.
- Follow the standard procedures for handling correspondences per the guidelines in place. Ability to draft routine correspondence (standard letters, memos, etc.) conforming to the organization’s standards, using proper grammar, punctuation and style is critical. The ability to proofread is also required.
- Use desktop processing skills to produce complex texts, reports, presentations, charts, figures, graphs, etc., according to Bank format and distribution.
- Collect and input data provided by Task Team Leaders into the central database, including processing new project status reports. Alert project teams of deadlines (aide-memoire, ISR, ICR etc.) according to the guidelines, and ensure milestones are updated in the Bank system (called operations portal).
- Draft minutes of meetings.
- Ability and facility to support virtual or field team mission during all project stages (preparation, supervision, and achievement) without delay. Remind teams coming on missions of travel requirements, and ensure mission logistics, including visa, room reservation, pick up / drop of team members. Make travel requests for consultants or other mission members.
- Ability to organize high level/ multisectoral meetings, workshops, conferences, and seminars.
- Process all STC contracts in close collaboration with the Task Team Leader and assist with end-of-year closing requirements that includes review and follow-up to ensure that consultant commitments and balances are paid, and contracts are closed accordingly for unit-led tasks, particularly during the last quarter of the fiscal year.
Information Management and Client interaction
- Answer internal and external queries on the assigned portfolio or, as necessary, take accurate and comprehensive telephone messages, and route them to appropriate persons to handle.
- Maintain current distribution lists, phone/address lists of project/product contacts, and distribute documents for the team.
- Co-ordinate with service units and liaise frequently with team members both in Washington and in the Country Office.
- Track and report on appropriate aspects of the Team’s operational activities.
Time management & Logistic planning
- Co-ordinate time management and schedules, taking current and future priorities into account, anticipate and monitor changes, and communicate the information.
- Track assigned tasks/project steps/ timetables using modern office management technologies, coordinate with relevant staff, provide assistance and/or information on project-related matters.
- Solve non-routine problems creatively and resourcefully and assist in preparation and logistical planning for various events, e.g. conferences, workshops, negotiations, board presentation and signing, etc.
- Serve as a back-up to other staff and Task Team Assistants on project and administrative tasks.
- Occasionally perform Analytical tasks as may be requested by the Team Leader
If the selected candidate is a current World Bank Group staff member with a Regular or Open-Ended appointment, s/he will retain his/her Regular or Open-Ended appointment. All others will be offered a 2 years 0 months term appointment.
Minimum Bachelor’s degree;At least 2 to 3 years direct relevant office support experience in a large international or multinational or corporate or public service organization;Ability to pass relevant Bank Group tests in place at time of recruitment (e.g. English and French writing tests, computer applications, etc.)Mastery of French and English language (verbal and written)Working knowledge of word processing and Microsoft Office suiteGoal-oriented self-starter who seeks to get the job done, rather than waiting for instructionsGood team player with ability to interact tactfully and effectively with staff at all levels;Willingness to seek assistance from supervisor(s)/colleagues and learn from them;Ability to deal accurately and complete tasks every day according to specific standards;Ability to function effectively in multi-disciplinary teams within a matrix management environment.Ability to follow through on work priorities and respond creatively to client requests.Demonstrated interpersonal skills, initiative, resourcefulness, effective time management, organizational skills and ability to handle confidential information.
- Project/Task Management
Follows through until the assigned tasks are completed, seeking guidance as needed. Pays attention to details and ensures good quality products. Does not repeat same mistakes. Takes action to identify and resolve routine and non-routine issues. • Client Focus
Acquires awareness of Unit’s key programs and products. Able to describe the World Bank’s mission.
Interacts with internal and/or external clients, Washington, and field offices
Speaks up, listens, and participates in meetings and dialogues. Shares knowledge and information
appropriately. Delivers accurate information in a timely manner. Handles
confidential material with judgement and tact.
Makes strengths known and seeks opportunities to contribute, participates in addressing obstacles
to effective teamwork.
- Institutional Knowledge and Functional Expertise
- Understands where to go to obtain information regarding institutional policies, procedures, and
technology. Uses applications (e.g., Excel, PowerPoint) to deliver and execute routine work.
As a representative of the World Bank Group, all professional activities are expected to be
consistent with our Core Values: personal honesty, integrity, commitment, working together in
teams -with openness and trust; empowering others and respecting differences; encouraging
risk-taking and responsibility; enjoying our work and our families.
World Bank Group Core Competencies
The World Bank Group offers comprehensive benefits, including a retirement plan; medical, life and disability insurance; and paid leave, including parental leave, as well as reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
Learn more about working at the World Bank and IFC, including our values and inspiring stories.
Postuler (Apply for the job) sur son site Internet: https://worldbankgroup.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=20428&site=1
The Weekly Job Report, Le rapport de travail hebdomadaire: https://afriquejobs.com/?s=Job+Report
All companies hiring (Entreprises qui emploi au Cameroun): https://www.afriquejobs.com/2020/07/emplois-jobs-au-cameroun-liste-des.html
More jobs (Plus d\’offres d\’emploi): https://www.afriquejobs.com/