Regional Duty of Care Advisor, Conseiller Régional Devoir de Vigilance, Yaoundé, International Rescue Committee
Role Responsibilities/ Responsabilités du rôle
Requisition ID: req34846
Job Title: Regional Duty of Care Advisor
Sector: Human Resources
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Bujumbura, Burundi
The Regional Duty of Care Program Advisor will partner closely with IRC’s Duty of Care, HR, and office management teams to provide high-quality technical support and project management for workplace health, employee wellbeing, and critical incident response management across their region.
Members of the Duty of Care team also participate in one of two sub-committees based upon their career backgrounds. The “Staff Health sub-committee” brings together team members with clinical health backgrounds (Ex: nurses, medical doctors, other health professionals) who help develop the unit’s staff health policies, training materials, and guidance notes. The “Staff wellbeing sub-committee” brings together team members who have experience in Human Resources and mental health professions to develop the unit’s policies, training materials, and guidance notes relating to critical incident response and mental health. Applicants from clinical health, human resources, or mental health backgrounds are welcome to apply for this role!
- Meet regularly with HR and office leaders to develop and advance office level DOC plan
- Develop and support delivery of special events and activities in the region
- Support implementation of site level health and safety standards
- Deliver core trainings on a rotating basis and by request
- Promote staff wellbeing and staff health content through a wide variety of creative methods
- Coordinate with vendors on training delivery, translation, and materials development
- Ensure excellent knowledge management for DOC products across languages
- Travel to field sites to deliver training and engage with staff on their needs
- Support the relevant goals of Employee Resource Groups through training and activity support
- Partner with office leaders, S&S, and HR Leaders during and after critical incidents to support their development of comprehensive support plans for affected staff and managers
- Facilitate requests for group counseling sessions made by site level leaders with counseling vendor
- Orient and support leadership in interpreting IRC policies related to infectious disease exposures, outbreak, and natural disasters
- Support offices to navigate risks related to COVID-19 and other pandemics in their workplaces according to organizational models and policies
- Meet with employees who wish to have support with staff health or staff wellbeing matters and provide orientation to the ways in which IRC services, benefits, resources can assist them
- Develop DOC policy and training materials
- Support in the formalization and implementation of local non formal counseling and care resources
- Collaborate with other People & Culture and Organizational partners on shared objectives (Ex: GEDI, Safeguarding, S&S, HR Fundamentals, Learning & Development, etc.)
- Other duties as assigned
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Great Lakes Regional HR Director and dotted line to the Senior Director of Duty of Care
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: Duty of Care Team members, Regional HR Directors, Senior HR Leaders, Regional Program Office Leaders, Country Directors/ Executive Directors, Country/RAI Office level HR Leaders, GEDI Director
- Education: Bachelor degree in Human Resources, Psychology/mental health; nursing or other clinical health professions, Public Health, or other relevant field.
- Work Experience: Experience working in international development or humanitarian assistance organizations. Significant leadership experience in programs (Ex: health, public health, MHPSS) or administration (Ex: Human Resources, Staff Care).
- Extensive experience working and living in the Great Lakes regional countries (Burundi, DRC, Cameroon, CAR, Chad, Tanzania)
- Excellence in training development, facilitation, and crisis response
- Highly developed interpersonal skills including active listening, emotional de-escalation, and compassion
- Excellent project management and knowledge management
- Strong organizational and time-management skills; ability to prioritize and deliver on time
- Ability to work both independently and in a dynamic, cross-functional team structure
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to handle and work through change in a proactive and positive manner.
Language Skills: Fluency in English and French required; proficiency in other regional languages is helpful
The IRC and IRC workers must embody the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, Equality and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and implements policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other encouraging benefits and allowances.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Postuler (Apply for the job) sur son site Internet: https://rescue.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/34846
The Weekly Job Report, Le rapport de travail hebdomadaire: https://afriquejobs.com/?s=Job+Report
All companies hiring (Entreprises qui emploi au Cameroun): https://www.afriquejobs.com/2020/07/emplois-jobs-au-cameroun-liste-des.html
More jobs (Plus d\’offres d\’emploi): https://www.afriquejobs.com/