Associate Investment Officer, Agent d’investissement associé, Douala, World Bank Group
Role Responsibilities/ Responsabilités du rôle
Job #: req19782
Term Duration: 3 years 0 months
Recruitment Type: Local Recruitment
Required Language(s): English, French
Preferred Language(s): Portuguese
Closing Date: 11/24/2022 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC
IFC—a member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2022, IFC committed a record $32.8 billion to private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity as economies grapple with the impacts of global compounding crises. For more information, visit http://www.ifc.org.
IFC’s new focus on upstream is meant to proactively create conditions that result in the movement of capital into private sector investments in the countries where we work. This is strategic business development in markets or sectors where ready-to-finance projects are not yet available, yet significant development gaps exist. Upstream activities occur before the traditional investment project cycle and are necessary precursors. They can be accomplished as quickly as in a few months or take several years.
IFC’s Financial Institutions Group (FIG) is seeking an associate investment officer responsible for designing and implementing upstream projects in the financial sector in Africa, setting the stage for investment transactions that introduce novel concepts, shape markets and drive impact.
Duties and Responsibilities
The position represents a key function in the FIG Africa upstream team and involves the following responsibilities:
- Contribute to upstream project design and implementation across a range of initiatives carried out by the FIG upstream team in Africa.
- Investigate bankability of business models and project concepts; undertake preliminary structuring of investment transactions; map out paths and milestones to investment concept approval.
- Conduct targeted research to enable appropriate project design, including assessment of sector dynamics, identification of market gaps/barriers, and analysis of economics of products and services in the market.
- Collaborate closely with the FIG investment team to ensure successful conversion from upstream projects to investment transactions; support processing of transaction concepts enabled by upstream work.
- Support and in some cases manage relationships with World Bank, government and private sector stakeholders in support of project design and execution.
- Develop excel based models to analyze, estimate and/or forecast transaction economics, project scenarios, and partner/client financials.
The position requires a combination of experience, skills and knowledge:
- Robust understanding of investment products and bankability criteria; substantial experience in identifying, evaluating, structuring, and negotiating debt, equity, guarantee and/or risk sharing transactions; emerging track record of creative and novel approaches to early-stage investment work.
- Substantial knowledge of financial sectors in Africa.
- Demonstrated experience conducting and distilling market-oriented research, creating and refining excel based financial models, and applying a creative approach to problem solving in a project design/implementation context.
- Knowledge of a theme/sub-sector of interest to the FIG upstream program in Africa (capital markets, structured products, Agri finance, climate, embedded finance, housing finance).
- Excellent organizational and time management skills; ability to manage many simultaneous tasks under time pressure and deliver consistently at agreed deadlines.
- Master’s degree and minimum 5 years of relevant experience in the financial sector, with a minimum of 3 years in an investment function.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and French; Portuguese a plus.
- Willingness to travel throughout Africa.
World Bank Group Core Competencies
The World Bank Group offers comprehensive benefits, including a retirement plan; medical, life and disability insurance; and paid leave, including parental leave, as well as reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
Learn more about working at the World Bank and IFC, including our values and inspiring stories.
Postuler (Apply for the job) sur son site Internet: https://worldbankgroup.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=19782&site=1
The Weekly Job Report, Le rapport de travail hebdomadaire: https://afriquejobs.com/?s=Job+Report
All companies hiring (Entreprises qui emploi au Cameroun): https://www.afriquejobs.com/2020/07/emplois-jobs-au-cameroun-liste-des.html
More jobs (Plus d\’offres d\’emploi): https://www.afriquejobs.com/