Biomonitoring Intern Campo, Campo stagiaire en biosurveillance, Campo Ma’an National Park, African Wildlife Foundation
Role Responsibilities/ Responsabilités du rôle
Biomonitoring Intern – 2 positions
Campo Ma’an National Park
Application Deadline: September 30, 2022
The Biomonitoring Intern will support the Campo-Ma’an team in general coordination in-field of ongoing ecological monitoring activities. He or She will work closely with rangers/community members or guides to ensure ecological data is collected, compiled, and achieved following AWF procedures. He/she will also give support to Technical Advisor by inputting camera trap data into the required a database for identification and reporting.
Location: Campo-Ma’an National Park
Duration: 1 year
- Support implementation of ongoing ecological monitoring activities in Campo-Ma’an NP and its peripheries, with data collection and management following relevant established Monitoring protocols;
- Work closely with Rangers and coordinate field deployment and pickup for Camera traps in the field. Assist Rangers staff with data management and analysis and train/strengthen the capacity of appointed park rangers for these tasks;
- Assist in raising local community awareness and participation in conservation issues and project-related activities;
- Support the Management of Camera Traps, Deployment and ensure the Camera trap database is up to date
- Under the supervision of the Technical Advisor (TA), produce concise and well-written field reports on a regular basis to ensure TA and other AWF staff are well briefed on program activities.
- Provide other support to the Technical Advisor when necessary
- MSc Degree in Ecology, Wildlife, Biology, Natural Resources Management, Conservation, Protected Area Management, Zoology, Forestry or related subjects/Field.
- Familiarity with GIS analysis (particularly ArcGIS or QGIS).
- Proven statistics and data analysis capacities (Excel, other relevant software).
- Ability to manage databases; experience with managing files on Google Drive.
Required skills and competencies
- Good skills – both written and verbal (English and French).
- Good computer skills (MS Office package, Online research, etc.), IT skills will be an asset.
- Culturally aware and able to work effectively in various cultural environments. Capable of working with
- Adheres to AWF’s values.
Postuler (Apply for the job) sur son site Internet: https://recruiting.ultipro.com/AFR1000AFWI/JobBoard/20e4eecc-c532-4e6a-bb5f-39ea79059f29/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=d8ff7647-2261-4474-bfae-7b5cab4a02ca
The Weekly Job Report, Le rapport de travail hebdomadaire: https://afriquejobs.com/?s=Job+Report
All companies hiring (Entreprises qui emploi au Cameroun): https://www.afriquejobs.com/2020/07/emplois-jobs-au-cameroun-liste-des.html
More jobs (Plus d\’offres d\’emploi): https://www.afriquejobs.com/