TTS Head – West & Central Africa, Douala, Citibank
Role Responsibilities/ Responsabilités du rôle
Citi’s Treasury and Trade Solutions (TTS), a division of Citigroup’s Institutional Clients Group, offers integrated cash management and trade services and finance to multinational corporations, financial institutions and public sector organizations around the world. TTS has the industry’s largest proprietary network with banking licenses in over 90 countries and globally integrated technology platforms. The business continues to lead the way in offering the industry’s most comprehensive range of digitally enabled cash management, payments, receivables, liquidity management and investment services, working capital solutions, commercial card programs, and trade finance.
This role is responsible for leading and inspiring a team in the development of the TTS franchise in the cluster and alignment of TTS strategic priorities with overall Citi Franchise strategy, market trends and customer needs. Manage TTS business for all client segments, through superior product delivery and execution in covered countries.
Create and deliver an annual financial plan tied to key drivers and existing and potential customers. Achieve targets set for revenues, expenses, EBIT, balance sheet, headcount, as well as appropriate ratios such as efficiency ratios, Return on Assets, Return on Tangible Common Equity, etc.
Lead product development in close cooperation with the cluster and EMEA regional partners.
Develop the inorganic growth strategy through partnerships, alliances, and strategic product development to capture a greater share of wallet. Develop a network and payment distribution strategy, considering new and evolving channels. Develop and enhance the Product Approval Program and related processes, ensure products are delivered and adhere to all global and regional requirements. Embed a culture of professional Product Development, leveraging tools such as Product Launch Framework.
Sales & Client Engagement
Drive sales and execution of innovative product solutions aligned with customer needs. Engage in sales and implementation activities, provide senior input in key RFP responses (face of Citi), deal with major client escalations. Ensure product offering is competitive in service, functionality, and price.
Drive customer segmentation, product positioning, pricing, and marketing plans for each client segment. Train and update of RMs and act as ‘go-to’ person for TTS opportunities.
Manage client experience agenda through cross-functional collaboration including Technology, Operations, Legal, and Coverage.
Risk & Control
Establish a strong risk and control and culture within the WCA cluster TTS team. Oversee and directly engage in, as appropriate, key risk & control activities such as regulatory interaction, Issue & CAP management, MCA, Continuity of Business, conduct risk management, etc
Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm’s reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to related policies, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behaviour, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
People & Talent
Lead talent development for TTS in the country. Train and develop people and retain talent.
Set country specific goals for in-country TTS teams in alignment with Global, Regional and Cluster TTS priorities as well as local franchise objectives, and manage the in-country TTS team’s performance against those.
Represent TTS in various in-country senior management committees such as ALCO, CCC, BRCC, TPM, and different management forums, including Cluster and regional ones as needed.
- Lead, inspire, manage multiple teams within a group of countries and within a cluster, including management of budget, product investment , and planning as well as manage a matrixed team across key internal areas with direct/indirect reports (e.g. risk, finance, decision management, marketing, operations)
- Negotiate and make decisions on issues/activities having critical impact/influence on company revenues, capital, or business operations
- Utilize specialty knowledge to review, analyze, and develop beyond existing solutions, particularly solutions in transaction banking within the digital arena
- Develop plans and execute functional strategies for the cluster, requiring coordination and integration across units such as product, operations, relation management and banking, risk, HR etc
- Ensure solid partnerships and cross selling opportunities across range of transactional banking products which have components of or include liquidity management, payments & receivables, trade finance, foreign exchange, enhanced credit mitigation and risk defeasance, to deliver comprehensive services and solutions for clients
- Establish and maintain relationships with risk, business risk, compliance, and other relevant groups within Citi, as well as develop and ensure execution of the business strategy, and manage risk and compliance
- Partner with other cluster, regional, and country leaders to share best practices and drive business strategies, solutions, and client centric solutions to differentiate Citi in the marketplace and achieve substantial growth targets for the business
- Engage in internal and external client and regulatory negotiations, be the voice and ambassador of TTS in the market , with regulators and with the industry
- Attract, motivate, develop, and retain talent
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm’s reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
This role offers multiple pathways at Citi – to growas a specialist and leader in various product paths (LMS/PnR/Trade) , or to grow into a senior generalist role (TTS Head region), or, enhance one’s ability to take on more senior business leadership roles in Coverage/banking outside TTS, and inside of the firm.Provides candidate with senior exposure to regional and global sponsors/mentors. Positions also for mobility opportunities
15+ years of relevant experience
10+ years of managerial experience, in banking and financial services
Experience managing across multi-functions and multiple geographies
Experience managing in a large, complex and matrixed organization
Demonstrated knowledge and experience with the industry, banking, and investment products
Practical experience of leading teams through multiple business cycles
Knowledge of industry and competitor products/services
Knowledge of strategic direction of the business and functions in the West and Central Africa combined with solid practical grounding in cash management, channel and trade products
Ownership, Accountability and teamwork
Initiative & Team building
Ability to handle pressure, Ability to work independently
Supervisory and people management skills
Creativity and flexibility
Good organization and coordination skills particularly coordination with Cluster and regional teams
Market knowledge and presence
Thorough knowledge of the end-to-end process for transaction banking products
Good understanding of the banking and financial services industry in WCA, ability to work with regulatory bodies
Solid understanding of key digital trends impacting transaction banking,
Strong understanding of digital platforms and product life cycle development processes,
Strong interpersonal skills – partnering and influencing internal business partners
Strong strategic planning and business performance management
Ability to inspire and motivate teams and peers, good understanding of cultural context in market
Client centered focus
Strong oral and written communication, presentation and negotiation skills
Strong interpersonal relationships
Graduate Degree (Masters )
Experience / skills / certifications in digital leadership is advantageous
Multi-market/international exposure advantageous
Bilingual, excellent French and English communication (verbal & written)
Job Family Group:
Product Management and Development
Market Segments and Services
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries (“Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the “EEO is the Law” poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Postuler (Apply for the job) sur son site Internet: https://jobs.citi.com/job/douala/tts-head-west-and-central-africa/287/34683189712
The Weekly Job Report, Le rapport de travail hebdomadaire: https://afriquejobs.com/?s=Job+Report
All companies hiring (Entreprises qui emploi au Cameroun): https://www.afriquejobs.com/2020/07/emplois-jobs-au-cameroun-liste-des.html
More jobs (Plus d\’offres d\’emploi): https://www.afriquejobs.com/