Road Freight Commercial Center Lead, Douala, Deutsche Post DHL (DPDHL) DHL
Role Responsibilities/ Responsabilités du rôle
Deutsche Post DHL (DPDHL) is the logistics provider of the world with over 520,000 employees in more than 220 countries and territories. DHL Global Forwarding, Freight (DGFF) is the Group’s air, ocean and road freight specialist. We offer standardized transport as well as highly specialized end-to-end solutions to customers in a wide range of industries globally.
Connecting People. Improving Lives.
Currently we are looking for an Road Freight Commercial Center Lead who will Manage Supplier Procurement within the Road Freight. Establish and Manage Road Freight Rate Card System and provide competitive pricing to internal and external Customer
If yes, please read on.
Your task will be:
- Increase number of winning bids through accurate & competitive completion of Road Freight estimate requests
- Ensure product profitability by managing customer selling rates and supplier buying rates
- Maintain minimum 50% hit ratio for all ad-hoc bids and RFQ’s
- Improving carrier base in country by minimum of 100% in first year and 25% YOY
- Owns and maintains Country Road freight Tariffs with carriers on agreed validity
- Understanding and Managing of costing Structure of Road Freight Supplier
- Manage contract with all suppliers, establish regular carrier meetings and ensures that these are conducted for all key carriers
- Drive best pricing solutions in order to maximize profitability of Road freight. Negotiate and procure best rates in market
- Review existing pricing rates and policies with carriers and network to initiate updates and changes based on market trend/current business requirements and maintain strong relationship with them
- Manage and keep transport supplier (buying) register up to date.
- Execution of global procurement strategy and decisions (rates, process, etc.)
- Monitors carrier/ station performance and initiates corrective actions
- Development and Implementation of a Rate Card Model for domestic and cross border Road Freight
- Ensure domestic and cross border rates input into the rate management system and validate it for Auto costing, quotations and auto rating
- Standardize costing Model to ensure quick and effective turnaround timings on pricing requests
– Standard quotes are responded within 6 hours exclusions – weekends and requests received after 4 pm on work days (Monday – Friday)
- Determine profit margin, support and follows up with Sales, Sales Support and Customer Service
- Source and Provide Spot Rates to Sales, Customer Service and customers for all types of cargo to be moved by road
- Follow-up with internal and external customer requests for quotes & pricing.
- Follow-up on all estimates that have been submitted to customers
- Maintain proactive communication/relationship with colleagues and managers
- Maintain and keep estimate/bid register up to date
- Supply Month End number of estimates completed, won and lost to Head of Road Freight
- Assist in rate disputes where necessary
- Use of Quote shop for 100% enquires
- Develop and execute trade-lane management marketing and capacity overview
Your profile should look like:
Must have a Bachelor degree/ Preferable tertiary education including diploma an advantage.
Great command of Microsoft Office applications (especially Excel)
Good time management skills
Customer Management Skills
Be able to communicate with customers effectively and have a great telephone etiquette
Be a team player
Be able to work under pressure and be an achiever
Must be self-motivated
Must have good inter-personnel skills
Good negotiating skills and be able to influence customers & suppliers
Ability to work unsupervised
High level of attention to detail
- Opportunities in a global company where you can contribute your ideas and skills to move towards our shared goals.
- Flexible working hours with the possibility of occasionally working from home upon agreement
- Possible further career development
- Competitive salary
Why join DHL Global Forwarding?
We are part of Deutsche Post DHL, the world’s leading logistics provider with operations in over 220 countries. Visit our career site on the web at https://www.logistics.dhl/us-en/home/careers.html
Our TOP EMPLOYER prestigious certification attests to our best-in-class efforts to attract and retain talent by fostering a positive work environment and encouraging personal and professional development among employees. The development of talented women in our organization will be a focus for us and an important part of our DGF Strategy 2025.
We aspire to become the undisputed leader in our industry, when people think of forwarding; we want them to think DGF because we have:
The largest global network with more than ~30,000 passionate employees
The most efficient processes and fastest response times
The best solutions and best customer service
Our Vision: The Logistics Company for the World.
Our Mission: Excellence. Simply Delivered.
Our Purpose: Connecting People, improving lives.
Our Values: Respect & Results
Our Goals: Employer, Provider, and Investment of Choice, Living Responsibility
DHL Global Forwarding is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Postuler (Apply for the job) sur son site Internet: https://careers.dhl.com/global/en/job/DPDHGLOBAL135922ENGLOBALEXTERNALAVATURE/Road-Freight-Commercial-Center-Lead
The Weekly Job Report, Le rapport de travail hebdomadaire: https://afriquejobs.com/?s=Job+Report
All companies hiring (Entreprises qui emploi au Cameroun): https://www.afriquejobs.com/2020/07/emplois-jobs-au-cameroun-liste-des.html
More jobs (Plus d\’offres d\’emploi): https://www.afriquejobs.com/