Senior Project manager ES210, Chef de projet sénior ES210, Bamenda, International Rescue Committee
Role Responsibilities/ Responsabilités du rôle
Requisition ID: req29094
Job Title: Senior Project manager ES210
Sector: Women Protection & Empowerment
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Compensation: XOF 0.00 – 0.00 Salary
Location: Bamenda, Cameroon
Project/sector : ES210
Location : Bamenda with travel to Buea
Type of contract : CDD
Direct hierarchical supervisor and technical supervisor: NWSW field coordinator, NW Sr field managers and ERD/WASH/PROL/CP/WPE TCs
Directly supervise 2 project managers based in Buea
Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, IRC provides life-saving care and assistance that changes the lives of refugees and displaced persons affected by crisis or disaster. Working today in more than 40 countries, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions of uprooted people struggling to survive. IRC’s mission is to help people whose lives and livelihoods have been disrupted by conflict or disaster to survive, recover and take control of their future.
IRC began operations in Cameroon in 2016 to address the growing needs of people affected by Boko Haram-related violence in the country’s Far North. Assistance to displaced populations extends across the Far North, including Mayo Sava, Mayo Tsanaga, and Logone & Chari, providing assistance programs to increase access to water and improve hygiene practices in displaced and vulnerable host communities, cash support programs to enable poor families to meet basic needs and improve food security, and protection programs, including addressing the specific needs of women and girls. The coordination office is located in Yaoundé with a field base in Maroua and Kousseri.
As a result of the growing crisis in the North West and South West regions of Cameroon, IRC expanded its operations to the South West region in August 2018 and the North West in December 2019. IRC provides vital humanitarian assistance to internally displaced populations, with a field base in Buea and Bamenda.
IRC Cameroon in its strategic vision 100 is committed to contributing to a significant change in the lives of people affected by the various crises in Cameroon by providing emergency assistance to meet their basic needs, improving the protective environment, while increasing their capacity to respond to future shocks.
The Project Manager is a senior position at IRC hired locally to ensure the implementation of ES210 activities. He/she is the central interface between the Field coordinators and TCs and the program’s field teams, administrators, traders and local partners. The primary responsibility of the Project Manager’s position is the day-to-day supervision in the implementation of program activities and the management of implementation teams including officers, assistants and community mobilizers who work with the field community and beneficiaries. The Senior Project Manager is responsible for planning, monitoring and coordinating activities, and supervising the technical teams of the project implemented in the field. He/she must regularly visit the field to ensure quality implementation and high-level decision making, particularly during difficult stages such as sensitization of authorities and communities, selection of project beneficiaries, distribution of cash or vouchers, and dispute resolution. In terms of external coordination, the Project Manager ensures good collaborative relations with the deconcentrated technical services of the Government, represents IRC in the Technical Working Groups as well as the clusters related to the ES210 project.
- Location :
Program Implementation and Quality Assurance
– Monitor the timely implementation, financial management and reporting quality of ES210 project managed in accordance with donor requirements.
– Develop and monitor ES210 project work plans on a monthly and weekly basis
– Provide guidance and weekly monitoring of activities developed by the teams in the field.
– Identify and quickly recommend solutions to technical, programmatic, expenditure and procurement problems in the ES210 program.
– Ensure that all interventions are consistent with IRC’s program strategy, national policies and protection standards.
– Conduct regular monitoring field visits to assess progress and identify technical quality and/or other implementation issues, provide solutions and implement modifications as necessary.
– Organize daily/weekly debriefing and conduct regular monthly staff meetings to discuss implementation of project activities, operational context and provide support as needed.
– Develop and monitor the ES210 project expenditure and procurement plans and update them monthly.
– Ensure that program budget lines are spent in accordance with the spending plans.
– Ensure that purchase requisitions are made on time and in line with the spending and purchasing plans.
– Ensure that the IRC purchasing, and expense management system is up to date and cleaned on a weekly basis
– Contribute when requested to program design and needs analysis for new coverage programs.
– Monitor changing needs in target communities and adjust program priorities as necessary.
Staff Management and Development
– Actively participate in the staff recruitment process.
– Manage the ES210 implementation team including the two project managers, the program officers and M&E officers/assistants.
– Maintain open and professional relationships with team members, promote team spirit, and provide supervision and guidance to enable staff to perform their duties effectively.
– Coach, train and mentor staff to build technical capacity, share knowledge within the team and provide professional development guidance.
Monitoring and Evaluation, Report Tracking and PCM
– Ensure that monitoring and evaluation systems are developed (including indicator tracking sheets and feedback mechanisms) and implemented in the ES210 project in collaboration with the M&E team and the PMs; and that data related to activities, outputs, and outcomes are captured accurately and efficiently, and that programs are continuously adapted to optimize quality.
– Draft M&E reports based on data collected and analyzed by M&E colleagues
– Draft IRC and donor reports according to established schedules (monthly, quarterly and annual) on activities, indicators and grant results, and as requested by the DDP and field coordinator.
– Participate in all meetings related to the ES210 project according to the IRC Project cycle meetings internal process and send information to prepare for these meetings within the deadlines and instructions communicated by the grant colleagues.
– Follow up on action items discussed
Coordination, representation and advocacy
– Develop and maintain effective working relationships with local partners, NGOs and administrative authorities.
– Participate regularly in meetings of sector groups and sub-groups relevant to the sector.
– Transmit data related to IRC projects for the ES210 sector to the various sectoral groups and sub-groups including the 5Ws.
– Ensure coordination of activities with other partners to avoid duplication and strengthen complementarities.
Any other task assigned by the supervisor to improve IRC’s programs
Compétences techniques par rapport au secteur
At least 4 years of experience in humanitarian project management and in NGOs.
Proven experience in developing work plans and implementing activities, collecting data, and writing activity reports;
Personal qualities: autonomy, scientific rigor, diplomacy, supervisory skills, dialogue and negotiation skills, good stress management skills, ability to adapt to the way NGOs operate, analytical and writing skills.
Good ability to develop business plans, data collection and analysis, and performance monitoring
Ability to multi-task
Excellent computer skills: Word, Excel, Power Point and MS Outlook.
Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills.
Ability to work independently and as part of a team with strong time management skills, project management, and organization of staff working under his/her direction.
Excellent planning and communication skills.
Fluency in French/English and some local languages, cultures and traditions
Be a Cameroonian national.
Females candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Deadline of submission: July 29. 2022
Postuler (Apply for the job) sur son site Internet: https://rescue.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/29094?c=rescue
The Weekly Job Report, Le rapport de travail hebdomadaire, 11/07/2022: https://afriquejobs.com/2022/07/11/the-weekly-job-report-le-rapport-de-travail-hebdomadaire-07-11-2022/
All companies hiring (Entreprises qui emploi au Cameroun): https://www.afriquejobs.com/2020/07/emplois-jobs-au-cameroun-liste-des.html
More jobs (Plus d\’offres d\’emploi): https://www.afriquejobs.com/