Data Analyst, Boston, AlphaSimplex Group, LLC
Job Title: Data Analyst
Reports to: CTO
AlphaSimplex Group, LLC is a Boston, Massachusetts-based investment management firm
that specializes in researching and analyzing market behaviors and risk. Using these insights,
AlphaSimplex manages liquid alternative and portfolio solutions with an emphasis on
managing risk and helping investors focus on their long-term goals. AlphaSimplex is
registered as an investment adviser with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
AlphaSimplex is also registered as a Commodity Pool Operator and Commodity Trading
Advisor with the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission and is a member of the
National Futures Association. AlphaSimplex is an affiliate of Natixis Investment Managers and
manages over $8 billion in institutional and mutual fund assets.
The AlphaSimplex Need
AlphaSimplex is seeking candidates who are excited by data, analytics, and technology to
become part of our growing Data Services team. This role brings together end users and data
to meet business needs via integration with internal software, third-party applications,
analytics, and reporting. We are a collaborative and intellectually curious team that
continuously seeks to learn and evolve technology solutions.
Data is at the heart of our business, enabling our trading, operations, client relations, and
successful performance. AlphaSimplex has a focus on building structure, performance, and
simplicity to provide data to all areas of the organization. The successful candidate will join
our Information Technology organization to contribute to the design and implementation of
our scalable and high-performance data framework.
The Data Analyst works directly with users across the firm to understand business and data
needs to build and support data-centric technology solutions. . The successful candidate will
develop new analytics and reporting using business intelligence tools, and become a go-to
person across the firm. We are looking for an organized professional with strong attention to
detail who is comfortable working in a collaborative small team environment.
- Work across departments to collaborate on data acquisition, analysis, and resultsoriented data presentation
- Develop new dashboards, views, and/or tools for data analysis and presentation
- Support the maintenance, health, and performance of our data services environment
- Participate in development of the enterprise data warehouse as new business is
initiated, providing expertise, user testing, and implementation of new dashboards and
- Identify opportunities for new reporting by leveraging untapped data from various
- Prepare requirements documentation, coordinate with various groups, testing, and
final integration for new initiatives.
- Coordinate across departments, including Compliance, Research, Operations, and
IT/Development, to ensure data is up-to-date and accurate.
- Bachelor’s degree with 2+ years of experience in business analytics, business
intelligence, or quantitative analysis (relevant work, internship, or co-op). Financial
services industry experience is a plus.
- Proficient with at least one business intelligence tool (Tableau, PowerBI, etc.), SQL
and T-SQL, and familiarity with tools such as Report Builder, SSRS, and SSMS.
- Exposure to programming languages and/or data engineering tools.
- Strong proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and time management skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Detail-oriented and intellectually curious.
- Willingness to collaborate with others on projects to reach a successful and timely goal.
Please apply to email@example.com.
We appreciate your interest in our firm.
MA Finance Jobs (Not an all inclusive list): https://afriquejobs.com/tag/mafinjobs/