Economic Recovery and Development Program Assistant, Assistante de programme de relance économique et de développement, Buea, International Rescue Committee
Role Responsibilities/ Responsabilités du rôle
Requisition ID: req27289
Job Title: Economic Recovery and Development Program Assistant
Sector: Economic Recovery & Livelihood
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: Not Applicable
The ERD Assistant position is fundamental in the implementation of the food and non-food voucher programs, and livelihood activities in the IRC interventions sites in the Southwest region. The ERD Assistant will spend most of his/her time on the field; identifying target communities, establishing relationships with community authorities, overseeing the implementation of field activities such as community mobilization, the identification of potential beneficiaries, the selection of beneficiaries using a participatory approach, the distribution of vouchers, the supervision of voucher redemption activities, the identification of merchants, the management of complaints and the support of beneficiary households on the proper management of their resources, supervise the activities of community mobilizers, train facilitators and provide them with any other necessary support.
- Intervention zone
The position is based in kumba, with intervention in all localities of kumba sub-division
- Conducts the community mobilization process, implement a community participatory targeting approach, and establish and maintain transparency in the process of implementing activities and build a functional relationship with the target community,
- Ensures daily activities on the field are according to the IRC ‘s standards,
- Maintains open and professional relationships with the team members, promote team spirit, and provide oversight and direction to enable supervisors effectively perform their duties.
- Participates in raising awareness of the main stakeholders, local authorities, partners, communities and targeted households on the objectives of current projects, deadlines and activities to be implemented.
- Participates in identification of project locations and community mobilization process in the targeted geographic locations.
- Participates in the identification, registration and selection of project beneficiaries according to selection criteria defined by a participatory and inclusive community approach,
- Works in close collaboration with community targeting committees, complaint management committees (CGP) in the implementation of all project activities in the intervention localities.
- Supervises in the distribution of vouchers and/or food and non-food products to beneficiaries
- Collect the relevant data during project implementation and regularly provide reports to his supervisor.
- Monitor the voucher distribution and redemption process at vendors shops in the Market.
- Other responsibilities.
All other functions assigned by the supervisor related to the development of IRC programs
Forward purchase requests and tracking of PRs if necessary.
- Technical Quality
- Assists the ERD Officer with the design and development of training modules on relevant topics for clients.
Ensures the success of the distribution process and voucher redemption
Acts as mediator between beneficiaries, implementation partners and IRC,
Produces quality activity reports
- Prepares and submit weekly/monthly plans/reports.
- Carries out some assessments in implementing communities as need arises.
Commits to respecting the IRC Way (IRC Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct).
Commits to ensuring the optimal implementation of IRC Policies in the context of their work.
Be available to carry out any other ad hoc task deemed useful by his direct superior or by the IRC.
Produces reports on programmatic activities on a weekly and monthly basis
- Other functions
Ensure that all activities will be implemented in accordance with IRC operational policies.
Other additional tasks assigned by the supervisor
- Required profile: Qualifications and skills
- Degree in Economics, International Development, Sociology / Psychology, Agronomy or Nutrition, or relevant significant and equivalent professional experience
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience in implementing NGO-initiated activities with good emergency background in community development projects
- Excellent understanding of the process of beneficiary identification, selection and registration with community involvement
- Aptitudes in the development of business plans and their implementation
- Able to be multitasking
- Have excellent computer skills: Word, Excel, Power Point and MS Outlook.
- Have a sense of organization and a strong ability to work under pressure
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and team spirit
- To be able to work autonomously and as part of a team.
- Have the ability to work efficiently and effectively in a timely manner.
- Have a mastery of projects and the coordination of staff working under his/her department.
- Have excellent planning and communication skills.
- Ability to speak English and Pidgin fluently
Mode of Application
Application files should contain the following;
-Previous work attestations
-Copy of NIC
All Applications should be deposited in our offices in Buea at Camp sic Along the Bokwango Road; in Bamenda at Up Station Governor’s street; in Buea Road Kumba at the Plan International Building; in Yaounde behind usine Bastos,
Deadline for Admissibility of files: 7th of May 2022 at 5pm
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply
Postuler (Apply for the job) sur son site Internet: https://rescue.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/27289?c=rescue
The Weekly Job Report, Le rapport de travail hebdomadaire, 4/25/2022: https://afriquejobs.com/2022/04/25/the-weekly-job-report-le-rapport-de-travail-hebdomadaire-04-25-2022/
All companies hiring (Entreprises qui emploi au Cameroun): https://www.afriquejobs.com/2020/07/emplois-jobs-au-cameroun-liste-des.html
More jobs (Plus d\’offres d\’emploi): https://www.afriquejobs.com/