Economic Recovery and Development Community Mobilizer, Mobilisateur communautaire pour la relance économique et le développement, Buea, International Rescue Committee
Role Responsibilities/ Responsabilités du rôle
Requisition ID: req27284
Job Title: Economic Recovery and Development Community Mobilizer
Sector: Economic Recovery & Livelihood
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: Not Applicable
The ERD Community Mobilizer is a fundamental position in the field for the implementation of Cash and Voucher Assistance (CVA) and/or livelihood related activities. The community mobilizer spends most of his/her time in the field to identify target communities, establish relationships with community authorities, participate in the implementation of activities in the field such as community mobilization, supporting in the identification of potential beneficiaries, the selection of beneficiaries according to a community-based participatory approach, the distribution of tools to ensure distributions of vouchers for food, recording of complaints (as the case may be) and support beneficiary households in the proper management of their resources.
- Intervention zone
The position is based in Buea, with intervention in all localities Fako division
Participates in raising awareness of the main stakeholders, local authorities, partners, communities, and targeted households on the objectives of IRC, current projects, deadlines, and activities to be implemented.
Ensures that community mobilization process in the targeted geographic areas is effective
Participates in the identification, registration, and selection of project beneficiaries according to selection criteria defined by a participatory and inclusive community approach.
Works in close collaboration with community targeting committees, Complaint Management Committees (CGP) in the implementation of all project activities in the intervention localities.
Participates in the distribution of vouchers for food and non-food products to beneficiaries.
Carries out home visits and monitor the utilization of the food items that have been redeemed.
Collects the relevant data during project implementation and regularly provides reports to his/her supervisor.
Assists in the monitoring of the voucher distribution and redemption processes
Assists in data collection during surveys and post-distribution assessments when necessary
Manages complaints made by beneficiaries and non-beneficiaries after consultations with his/her supervisor
- Other responsibilities.
All other functions assigned by the supervisor to allow the development of IRC programs.
- Technical Quality
Ensures the success of the distribution and voucher redemption process.
Act as mediator between beneficiaries, communities, implementation partners and IRC.
Produces quality activity reports from the field when need arises.
- Prepares and submit report of market price monitoring and other field activity reports.
- Assists in carrying out some assessments in implementing communities as need arises.
Commits to respecting the IRC Way (IRC Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct).
Commits to ensuring the optimal implementation of IRC Policies in the context of their work.
Be available to carry out any other ad hoc tasks deemed useful by his/her direct superior or by the IRC.
- Other functions
- Ensures that all activities will be implemented in accordance with IRC operational policies.
- Other additional tasks assigned by the supervisor.
- Required profile: Qualifications and skills
- Have at least GCE Ordinary Level or any other equivalent diploma,
- Minimum one year of professional experience in business or in an NGO preferably, proven ability in community mobilization, identification, registration, and selection of beneficiaries is highly required.
- Fluent in English and excellent written and oral communication skills,
- Have a good presentation and a respectful attitude towards beneficiaries, local authorities, community leaders, colleagues, and superiors.
- Fluency in Pidgin and some local languages, a good mastery of the local cultures and traditions would be an asset.
- Be flexible, ability to work in a team, sometimes under pressure and often in an unstable security environment.
- Have a sense of organization and a strong time management ability.
- Have excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Be of Cameroonian Nationality.
Mode of Application
Application files should contain the following;
-Previous work attestations
-Copy of NIC
All Applications should be deposited in our offices in Buea at Camp sic Along the Bokwango Road; in Bamenda at Up Station Governor’s street; in Buea Road Kumba at the Plan International Building; in Yaounde behind usine Bastos,
Deadline for Admissibility of files: 7th of May 2022 at 5pm
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply
Postuler (Apply for the job) sur son site Internet: https://rescue.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/27284?c=rescue
The Weekly Job Report, Le rapport de travail hebdomadaire, 4/25/2022: https://afriquejobs.com/2022/04/25/the-weekly-job-report-le-rapport-de-travail-hebdomadaire-04-25-2022/
All companies hiring (Entreprises qui emploi au Cameroun): https://www.afriquejobs.com/2020/07/emplois-jobs-au-cameroun-liste-des.html
More jobs (Plus d\’offres d\’emploi): https://www.afriquejobs.com/