WPE Assistant- Buea SWR, Assistant WPE – Buea SWR, International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Role Responsibilities/ Responsabilités du rôle
Requisition ID: req27012
Job Title: WPE Assistant- Buea SWR
Sector: Women Protection & Empowerment
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
The Women’s Protection and Empowerment (WPE) program within the international Rescue Committee is committed to combating gender-based violence, namely by provideing assistance to survivors of gender-based violence (GBV) and undertaking women’s empowerment activities.
The WPE assistant will be responsible for overseeing the implementation of the Women, Protection and Empowerment (WPE) activities especially the socio-economical activities including EASE sessions, income generating activities, training on business development, and implementation of socio-recreational activities. The assistant is in charge of the close follow up of all clients.
- Intervention zone
The position is based in Buea, with intervention in all localities of Buea sub-division. It is namely concentrated in Bokwai women and girl safe space.
– Conduct the community mobilization process, implement a community participatory targeting approach for the identification and registration of project beneficiaries
– Establish and maintain transparency in the implementation process of activities in functional relationship with the target community,
– Accompany women clients in the proper management of financial resources through training
– Ensure the follow-up of complaints
– Ensure the training of clients in accordance with the methodology established by the supervisor
– Accompany clients in the identification of project ideas and facilitate the development of business plans
– Support the different steps of the implementation of business plan with each clients
– Follow up closely with clients to ensure the smooth running of the activity
– Conduct gender discussion sessions with women and men, according to EASE guidelines
– Organise focus group discussions with clients of the WGSS to know their needs and identify their wish to develop socio-recreational activities within women and girl safe spaces;
– Identify and follow up trainers to undertake vocational trainings;
– Assess clients’ capacities throughout the year and identify needs for capacity building;
– Ensure safety and security to all clients.
- Other responsibilities
– Liaise with WPE case management assistant for all GBV prevention and response programming;
– During disclosure of GBV, refer cases to the WPE case management assistant;
– Maintain good relations internally with program staff and externally with other actors involved in GBV, namely medical providers for monitoring, support, and advocacy for access to services.
– Actively participate in weekly WPE team meetings as well as in internal and external trainings, team retreats and other meetings or workshops.
– Perform other tasks requested by the WPE program hierarchy or necessary for the organization
- Technical Quality
- Ensures the protection and retention of clients information in a secure and confidential space.
- Assists the WPE Officer with the design and development of training modules on relevant topics for clients
- Follows the guiding principles [respect, confidentiality, non-discrimination, security], and treat survivors with respect and compassion while maintaining confidentiality.
- Ensures security, safety, and confidentiality of safe spaces in the intervention areas.
- Prepare and submit weekly/monthly plans/reports.
- Proactively identify the challenges faced by psychosocial focal points, proposing solutions in line with the objectives and activities of the program.
- Liaise with the IRC team to ensure good referral of cases between programs.
- Carry out some assessments in implementing communities as need arises.
Adheres to the IRC Way (IRC Ethics).and safeguarding, anti-workplace harassment. Ensures the optimal implementation of the IRC Way in the working environment and during the implementation of activities.
- Portrays exemplary good behavior by implementing both the IRC Way and humanitarian principles at home and in the society.
- Is available to perform any other ad hoc task deemed useful by his / her direct supervisor or by the IRC.
- Contributes to the production of the weekly report and the monthly report or any other reports requested by the supervisor.
- Actively participates in weekly WPE team meetings as well as in internal and external trainings, team retreats and other meetings or workshops.
- Collaborates closely and effectively with those responsible for other sections/field bases/communities within the WPE program.
- Performs other tasks requested by the WPE program hierarchy.
- Track complaints and document lessons learned, best practices.
- Other functions
- Ensure that all activities will be implemented in accordance with IRC operational policies.
- Other additional tasks assigned by the supervisor.
- Required profile: Qualifications and skills
– Have a Bachelor’s degree or other equivalent degree;
– To be a woman would be a strong asset as this post is intervening at the level of women and girl safe spaces which are only open to women and girls and will potentially face gender-based violence disclosure.
– Knowledge of economics, development, AND protection / gender-based violence programming, or appropriate significant and equivalent professional experience is an asset;
– Minimum one year of professional experience in banking and finance, development, community development, engineering or similar activity;
– Minimum one year of professional experience in protection and social assistance is an asset;
– Good knowledge of GBV core concepts, guiding principles, and attitudes towards survivors
– Understands and speaks local languages fluently and a good ability to speak and write English and pidgin English.
– Have a good behavior and a respectful attitude towards beneficiaries, local authorities, community leaders, colleagues, and superiors.
– Knowledge of other local languages of the community, as well as of the cultures and traditions of the community would be an asset.
– Be flexible; be able to work in a team, sometimes under pressure and often in an unstable security environment.
– Experience in an NGO preferred, proven ability in community mobilization
– Experience in implementing Income Generating Activities is an asset
– Excellent written and oral communication skills;
– Excellent understanding of the process of identification, selection and registration of beneficiaries with community involvement
– Ability and experience in conducting cash transfer activities and non-food distribution in a humanitarian setting
– Skilled and experienced in the development of business plans and their implementation
– Able to multi-task
– Excellent computer skills: Word, Excel, Power Point and MS Outlook.
– Strong organizational and time management skills.
– Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills.
– Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
– Strong time management skills, project management, organization of staff working under his/her direction.
– Excellent planning and communication skills.
– Fluency in French and some local languages, cultures and traditions (Mandara, Kanuri and Fulfulde)
– Ability to speak fluent English is an asset
– Be of Cameroonian nationality
– Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply
– Applications will be considered on rolling basis.
Mode of Application
Application files should contain the following;
-Previous work attestations
-Copy of NIC
All Applications should be deposited in our offices in Buea at Camp sic Along the Bokwango Road; in Bamenda at Up Station Governor’s street; in Buea Road Kumba at the Plan International Building; in Yaounde behind usine Bastos,
Deadline for Admissibility of files: 24th of April 2022 at 5pm
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply
Postuler (Apply for the job) sur son site Internet: https://rescue.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/27012?c=rescue
The Weekly Job Report, Le rapport de travail hebdomadaire, 4/04/2022: https://afriquejobs.com/2022/04/03/the-weekly-job-report-le-rapport-de-travail-hebdomadaire-04-04-2022/
All companies hiring (Entreprises qui emploi au Cameroun): https://www.afriquejobs.com/2020/07/emplois-jobs-au-cameroun-liste-des.html
More jobs (Plus d\’offres d\’emploi): https://www.afriquejobs.com/