Procurement Specialist, Spécialiste de l’approvisionnement, Yaoundé, G4S
Role Responsibilities/ Responsabilités du rôle
Recruitment of a Procurement Specialist in to G4S Security Services Cameroon PLC
G4S Security Services Cameroon PLC, a leading global integrated security solutions company, has a vacancy for a Procurement Specialist based at our office in Douala.
- Main Purpose of Position:
To procure company’s requirements of materials, components, products, consumable and services in the required quantity and quality at the most advantageous price and most economical cost for G4S Cameroon and Bangui, in compliance to company policies and procedures.
- Key Performance Areas:
- Sourcing of quality suppliers for products and services
▪ Determine sources of supply, obtain enquiries, evaluate them and perform analysis to make decisions.
▪ Follow Bidding, Tender, or quotation processes to identify suitable suppliers.
▪ Negotiate with suppliers for discounts, deliveries, payments etc.
▪ Present cost comparisons for management’s approval.
▪ Maintain purchasing standards through effective checks, controls and monitoring of all procedures.
▪ Ensure timeous sourcing, ordering, expediting and delivery of goods and services purchased.
▪ Source potential suppliers through the evaluation process.
▪ Stay up to date on industry trends and new products
▪ Conduct market research to identify pricing trends
- Creating purchase orders
▪ Review all purchase requisitions to determine whether the order meets purchasing criteria (Authorization, quantities, approvals) etc
▪ Liaise with various departments to understand the characteristics and specifications of materials needed.
▪ Create purchase orders in accordance with the system procedures.
▪ Ensure purchase price has been confirmed before order is released.
▪ Ensure all supporting information / documents are available and recorded for reference.
▪ Assist regional staff with guidelines for decentralized purchasing.
▪ Follow-up with suppliers to confirm or change orders.
▪ Ensure accuracy of information on purchase orders
- Expediting of purchase orders
▪ Track orders and ensure timely delivery of goods and services.
▪ Check quality of deliverables and ensure goods and services respect contractual agreements.
▪ Keep the requestor informed on delivery of orders.
▪ Maintain and update back orders reporting.
▪ Prepare appropriate purchasing reports (i.e. monthly etc.)
- Supplier Management
▪ Maintain and update pricing schedules.
▪ Evaluate suppliers performance.
▪ Provide feedback on supplier non-conformance.
▪ Build and maintain long term relationships with vendors and suppliers.
▪ Hold meetings with suppliers.
▪ Ensure that G4S is not exposed to any non-performance risk, supply delay risk, credit risks and public liability risks attached to possible suppliers.
▪ Maintain and update supplier database (list of approved suppliers, qualifications, delivery time, discounts etc)
▪ Organize and maintain record keeping systems.
- Manage the budget/expenses
- Review, analyze and explain major variances to the budget on a weekly basis.
- Ensure the expense mandates follow audit procedures.
- Knowledge of procurement principles and practices.
- Knowledge of company policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of systems.
- Degree in procurement, business management or a similar field preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and purchasing softwares.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills.
- Good analytical and strategic thinking skills.
- Attention to detail
- Delivering objectives
- Dealing with complexity
- Delivering great customer service.
- Attention to details
- Ability to work under pressure
- Internal training associated with competencies:
- To be completed after the appraisal
- Minimum qualification
- A Bachelor’s degree in Procurement or Business Management will be an advantage.
- A minimum of 3 years relevant purchasing experience.
Postuler (Apply for the job) sur son site Internet: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/3018780258/
The Weekly Job Report, Le rapport de travail hebdomadaire, 4/04/2022: https://afriquejobs.com/2022/04/03/the-weekly-job-report-le-rapport-de-travail-hebdomadaire-04-04-2022/
All companies hiring (Entreprises qui emploi au Cameroun): https://www.afriquejobs.com/2020/07/emplois-jobs-au-cameroun-liste-des.html
More jobs (Plus d\’offres d\’emploi): https://www.afriquejobs.com/