Child Protection Case Management Assistant, Assistant de gestion des cas de protection de l’enfance, Buea, International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Role Responsibilities/ Responsabilités du rôle
Requisition ID: req25498
Job Title: Child Protection Case Management Assistant
Sector: Child Protection
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
The successful candidate shall ensure that conflict affected vulnerable and at-risk children – children separated from their families, children exposed to or victims of all forms of violence, exploitation, discrimination, abuse and neglect,,, within the target areas are identified and benefit from tailored individualised case management support, including support to their parents and caregivers. He/she shall also ensure that children identified with emotional problems linked to conflict are targeted for group psychosocial activities. To maximise impact, the CP CM assistant shall ensure effective coordination with community groups and influencers (men’s groups, women’s groups, children and youth groups, community and religious leaders) liaising closely with other IRC programs, humanitarian partners in the area and local authorities to facilitate access to basic services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Child Protection Case Management Assistant shall perform the following specific tasks :
- Support Implementation of CP Activities
- Conduct timely and tailored case management for vulnerable and at-risk children identified with protection concerns (separated from their families, victims of violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation) , as well as their caregivers, through : identification, documentation, assessing protection concerns, developing action plans, providing direct support or referrals, and timely follow-up and closure of cases, in line with inter-agency guidelines and SOPs in conjunction with the CP officer.
- Ensure assisted communities are sensitized/trained on the different categories of vulnerable and at-risk children to support proper identification and registration.
- Ensure that the different contacts with the children are properly documented using standardized interagency documentation forms and that case files verifiably reflect the extent of support to the children.
- Provide psychosocial support to parents, families as well as foster families and other alternative care systems
- Ensure confidentiality is applied consistently in all identified and assisted protection cases at all times and that documentation are securely kept and accessed on a need-to-know basis.
- Support protection monitoring specific to children and safe referrals internally (to other IRC programs and externally (to other agencies).
- Organize regular protection meetings to review cases identified with team especially the high risk cases.
- Identify children within communities showing signs of conflict-related stress requiring psychosocial support through group activities
- Work with community leaders in targeted zones to identify safe spaces for group psychosocial activities for children.
- Conduct group psychosocial support sessions in safe spaces to support children’s healing, resilience and mental health
- Organize sensitization/training sessions on context-relevant and prioritized themes relating to child protection with community leaders, representatives and members of community structures.
- Ensure regular communication with the Child Protection Officer, with other social workers and other IRC child protection programs.
- Strictly respect the fundamental principles of child protection and case management: confidentiality, participation of the child, best interests of the child, non-discrimination and “Do No Harm”
- Reporting and Coordination
- Prepare and submit internal periodic reports of project activities as per reporting deadlines
- Participates in weekly internal coordination meetings as well as external coordination meetings as needed or assigned by supervisor
- Coordinate and work closely with other NGOs and government services in the areas of intervention to provide a better response to the needs of children and their families
- Contributes to the development of activities for future projects and grants
All employees are required to respect IRC Cameroon’s security and safety procedures ;
- Transmit any security information to the hierarchy, supervisor or security focal point ;
- Inform supervisor of any problem, complaint or information likely to affect or impact programming within the sites of intervention ;
All IRC staff are required to comply with IRC Standards of Professional Conduct (The IRC Way) as well as
Technical degree or diploma in social work, psychology, social science or related field. Substantial field experience in child protection may be substituted in lieu of academic qualification as appropriate.
- Minimum of 1 year experience implementing child protection, psychosocial support or case management;
- Demonstrated understanding of child protection case management
- Demonstrated understanding of child-specific interviewing techniques
- Previous NGO experience desired but not required
- Proficiency in the English language and Pidgin English – Both will be tested
- Knowledge of French will be a bonus
Other Qualities :
- Creative, flexible, autonomous and organized self-starter
- Good team spirit, stress management and communication skills
- Open-minded, highly motivated, and attentive multi-tasker
Mode Of Application:
Candidates should apply online on the Organization’s Website or drop copies of their applications in the Buea Office located at Camp Sic- along the Bokwango Road; Bamenda Office located at Up Station, Governor’s Street or in the Kumba Office at the PLAN International Building in Buea Road. Not Later than 7th April 2022, 5:00Pm.
Application Pack Must Contain the following:
– An Application Letter
– Motivation Letter
– Updated CV
– Work Attestations
– Academic Attestations
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Postuler (Apply for the job) sur son site Internet: https://rescue.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/25498?c=rescue
The Weekly Job Report, Le rapport de travail hebdomadaire, 14/03/2022: https://afriquejobs.com/2022/03/13/the-weekly-job-report-le-rapport-de-travail-hebdomadaire-14-03-2022/
All companies hiring (Entreprises qui emploi au Cameroun): https://www.afriquejobs.com/2020/07/emplois-jobs-au-cameroun-liste-des.html
More jobs (Plus d\’offres d\’emploi): https://www.afriquejobs.com/