Protection Case Management Assistant-Mamfe-Manyu Division, Assistant de gestion des cas de protection – Division Mamfe-Manyu, International Rescue Committee
Role Responsibilities/ Responsabilités du rôle
Requisition ID: req25275
Job Title: Protection Case Management Assistant-Mamfe-Manyu Division
Sector: Protection and rule of law
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Mamfe, Manyu Division
IRC is the partner of UNHCR for the implementation of Protection activities in the North West and South West Regions of Cameroon, to respond to the humanitarian protection needs caused by the protracted crisis situations in the two Regions.
This project seeks to ensure that the situation of the persons of concern is continuously monitored in these regions, key protection risks identified and analyzed, persons with specific needs identified and referred for further assessment and assistance, and that communities are monitored and community level concerns are identified and referred for further assessment. Protection incidents will be continuously documented analyzed and reported to IRC and the Protection Cluster regularly to inform response and advocacy.
IRC is recruiting two Protection Case Management Assistants, who are members of the Protection Team, operating in the North West and South West Regions. The role of the Protection Case Management Assistant(s) is to ensure the implementation of quality case management services including in emergency situation in order to facilitate access to services. The Protection Assistants will work under the supervision of a Protection Team Leader and collaborate closely with other IRC sectors such as ERD, WPE, EH and CP.
SCOPE OF WORK:
The Case Worker will be responsible for providing direct support and care for most vulnerable people exposed to or experiencing protection issues and/or being victims of rights violation. Supports will include psychosocial support and case management. The Case Worker will be supervised by the Protection Officer for Case Management to ensure good quality and effective case management. It is anticipated that the caseload will be between 25 cases per assistant.
The case worker will also support emergency support and use simplified and urgent case management procedures.
The assistant(s) will use the protection case management guidance to apply all steps and forms and ensure a detailed protection analysis, including vulnerabilities and capacities to develop, implement and follow up individualized and adapted action plans which will contribute to a safer environment of the individual. The case worker will also contribute towards conducting awareness raising sessions on protection and other key services, rights of the most vulnerable and legal procedures to obtain/recover civil documentation and on protection topics including humanitarian principles, protection and other instruments to community members affected in the areas of intervention.
The protection case management assistant will respect the principle of confidentiality of the information received during the activities. He/She will work closely with the Protection Manager, Protection Team Leader, Protection Officers, M & E Officer and other protection team members to provide a protection response during deployment. He or she will collaborate with other sectors like WPE, CP, ERD and EH for internal referral. The Protection Assistant will report to the Protection Officer.
Protection Case management & Referrals
- The Protection Assistant (Case Management) is responsible for providing case management services to individuals in need. S/he will ensure complete support including identification of those at risk, provision of psychosocial support (PSS – individual and/or collective), referral for specialized services, and provision of Individual Protection Assistance (IPA).
- Maintain accurate and up-to date records and data related to all work on individual cases; and ensuring the integrity of the data.
- Ensure the delivery of case management in line with global/IRC SOPs and the protection case management guidance and forms.
Effectively use and comply with all the tools, forms and SOPs related to case management as communicated by the Protection Officer, M & E Officer and the Protection Manager. Comply with applicable professional standards related to protection and humanitarian interventions.
Operate in close alignment with referral pathways agreed at interagency level.
Coordinate closely with service providers to ensure individuals at risk of right violations are provided with high quality service provision (including medical assistance, mental health support and material assistance)
Ensure proper documentation of case data and information in line with the case management guiding principles, adhering to the confidentiality principle. Ensure to abide by all information-sharing protocols in place.
Ensure that individuals in need of protection services and/or assistance are timely and adequately referred to the relevant services. Conduct regular and systematized follow-up of all referred cases to ensure adequate service provision, reassess needs and potentially identify any new trends.
Conduct collective PSS activities with vulnerable communities’ members in safe and suitable locations and according to IRC guidelines.
Conduct Individual Protection Assistance (IPA) activities, including the provision of in-kind assistance to most vulnerable communities’ members in safe and suitable manner, strictly adhering to IRC SOPs/Protocols for IPA.
Conduct any other program activities related to the provision of protection services and assistance as instructed by the Protection Officer and the Protection Manager.
Mobilize and build strong rapport with communities, adhering to dignified, culturally sensitive approaches.
- Work with WPE and CP teams to facilitate internal and external referrals.
- Contribute to the update and development of a solid service mapping in the intervention area
- Maintain good relationships with service providers in the intervention area
- Refer persons at-risk to relevant / appropriate service providers, including health centers, community-based organizations, NGO programs or other care services in the intervention areas.
Conduct awareness raising sessions on procedures to obtain / recover civil documentation
Contribute to the development of information dissemination materials
Organize Sensitization and Awareness sessions on protection issues (service available, access to rights, importance of civil documentation, etc);
Monitoring, Reporting and Data management
- Ensure ethical and confidential data collection during monitoring and evaluation.
- Monitor the progress of the program and identify any delays that have been or may be expected
- Ensure that activities are fully documented, including regular and systematic collection of data required.
- Establish and implement a training evaluation system as pre-post tests to measure participants’ learning level.
- Produce / contribute to the writing of the reports required by IRC and the lessor (progress of activities, monitoring of indicators, etc.)
- Produce quality and accurate reports and supporting documentation on CM activities and ensure their timely submission to the Protection Officer (CM) and M & E Officer for review and internal information sharing. To this end, ensure that both the hard and soft copies of all activity reports and case management files are safely archived. Overall, effectively use the tools and comply with the processes related to monitoring and reporting, including through the use of shared drive and dedicated platforms for information management.
- Comply with the IRC security procedures and report the security information provided to him to ensure a safe and secure environment for the implementation of the program.
Coordination & Représentation
- Ensure coordination of programming with any other sectors or external stakeholders as per portfolio of projects
- Work closely and coordinate with the IRC Support Services to carry out program activities. This includes participation on need assessments, review programming and M&E meetings
- Represent IRC and the program towards a wide range of stakeholders including individual beneficiaries, community mobilizers, community-based structures’ members and focal points. To this end, ensure professional standards and transparent communication in the external representation of the organization so as to build trust and ensure effective collaboration with all concerned stakeholders.
- Ensure that all interactions with individual beneficiaries take place in an environment and in a way that respect and promote the individuals’ safety and dignity in accordance with professional standards for protection and humanitarian work
- Any other task requested by his/her supervisor to allow the program to progress.
The Protection Case Management Assistant reports to the Protection Team Leader and the Protection Case Management Officer.
- Commit to IRC Way (or Code of Conduct / Mandatory Reporting Policies)
- Commit to ensuring the optimal implementation of these policies in its framework.
- Commit to comply with IRC’s Internal Regulations in Cameroon
Bachelor of Arts or Science in Social Science, social work, Public Health, Humanities or other related field, desirable.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor Degree Preferred with at least 2 years of experience as a case worker (preferably with INGOs)
- To be of Cameroonian nationality;
- Clear understanding of and interest in the protection field of expertise;
- Strong ability to maintain composure, prioritize work under pressure, and work in a difficult environment;
- Fluency in English Language is required as well as fluency Pidgin English and/or in a local language of the intervention area;
- Clear understanding of human rights, and issues surrounding violence against civilians;
- Demonstrated understanding of and ability to maintain confidentiality and respect for clients;
- Knowledge and experience with community outreach and mobilization;
- Positive and professional attitude, including ability to lead and work well in a team setting;
- Strong ability to organize work, meet deadlines, maintain composure, prioritize work under pressure, coordinate multiple tasks and maintain attention to detail.
- Strong supervision skills
- Familiarity with humanitarian context of the North West and South West Regions. Previous experience in Manyu is desirable.
- Understanding of humanitarian terms.
- Strong interpersonal, intercultural and communication skills
- Excellent analytical and written skills, and good computer skills
2 years of experience in case management;
Good knowledge of case management principles, with documented training on Protection case management.
Ability to maintain confidentiality, respect, non-discrimination, safety and inclusion of all cases at all times
Excellent communication and psychosocial first aid skills
Good interpersonal and problem-solving skills, creativity and flexibility
Comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible and able to handle pressure
Computer literacy (Microsoft Word and Excel)
Ability to work flexible hours in challenging environments
Previous experience in international organizations and humanitarian setting is a plus.
Mode Of Application:
Candidates should apply online on the Organization’s Website or drop copies of their applications at the Buea Office located at Camp Sic- along the Bokwango Road; Bamenda Office located at Up Station, Governor’s Street or in the Kumba Office at the PLAN International Building in Buea Road. Not Later than 27th March 2022, 5:00Pm.
Application Pack Must Contain the following:
– An Application Letter
– Motivation Letter
– Updated CV
– Work Attestations
– Academic Attestations
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Postuler (Apply for the job) sur son site Internet: https://rescue.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/25275?c=rescue
The Weekly Job Report, Le rapport de travail hebdomadaire, 14/03/2022: https://afriquejobs.com/2022/03/13/the-weekly-job-report-le-rapport-de-travail-hebdomadaire-14-03-2022/
All companies hiring (Entreprises qui emploi au Cameroun): https://www.afriquejobs.com/2020/07/emplois-jobs-au-cameroun-liste-des.html
More jobs (Plus d\’offres d\’emploi): https://www.afriquejobs.com/