DRIVERS- SW (Buea, Kumba, Mamfe) and NW (Mezam, Momo, Menchum), CONDUCTEURS – SW (Buea, Kumba, Mamfe) et NW (Mezam, Momo, Menchum), International Rescue Committee
Role Responsibilities/ Responsabilités du rôle
Requisition ID: req25268
Job Title: DRIVERS- SW (Buea, Kumba, Mamfe) and NW (Mezam, Momo, Menchum)
Sector: Supply Chain
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: SW (Buea, Kumba, Mamfe) and NW (Mezam, Momo, Menchum)
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
The Driver will based in South West Region ( Fako, Meme and Manyu ) ; North West (Mezam, Momo and Menchum) and reporting to the Supply Chain Manger. .
Under the direct supervision of the General Services Officer, he/she will have the following duties:
– Courteously drive IRC workers to destinations previously approved by the direct supervisor;
– During working hours, always have the cell phone and VHF radio powered up so that they can always be reached;
– Respects the destinations and schedules of movements as approved by his/her supervisor; informs his/her supervisor of any delays that may prevent the return time and route indicated on the exit form from being respected;
– Driving departing passengers to the airport and other locations and also to pick up arriving passengers at prescribed locations as indicated;
– Strictly adhere to the IRC Travel standard operating procedures in regard to the SWNW context
– Regularly check the movement tracking board so as not to miss dropping off or picking up an employee(s) while traveling;
– Respect and ensure the respect of the rules for the use of IRC vehicles in any place and at any time (filling of the logbook, wearing of seat belts, no alcohol, no drugs, no foreign people/equipment on board without prior authorization);
– Ensure regular vehicle maintenance and notify the supervisor of any breakdowns or suspected breakdowns
– Check the level of fuel and lubricants in order to avoid dry breakdowns, fill out and sign the fuel card at each refueling;
– Ensure that all equipment/tools are on board the vehicle and that spare parts are available;
– Ensure that all administrative documents relating to the release of vehicles are up to date, notifying the supervisor at least three weeks in advance in case of expiration of these documents;
– Drive and park/park the vehicle in a safe manner, avoiding unsafe roads;
– Ensure the internal and external property of the vehicle by washing it regularly;
– Prepares and submits weekly reports for work within a suitable time frame, and incorporates supervisor’s comments as required.
– Writes daily travel reports.
– Ensures that all financial documents are accurately completed and submitted as required by IRC policies.
- Commits to the IRC Way (IRC Ethics).
- Commits to ensuring the optimal implementation of these Policies in its working environment.
- Is available to perform any other ad hoc tasks deemed useful by his/her direct supervisor or by the IRC.
- Produce program activity reports at the end of the month..
- Ensure that all activities will be implemented in accordance with IRC operational policies.
- Other additional duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- can Communicate regularly using the VH and VHF installed in the vehicle;
Driver’s License Class B Minimum
– At least 3 years of professional experience as a driver for international organizations, NGOs, development projects.
– Good knowledge of car mechanics and road safety
– To have notions of first aid
– No criminal record Skills and Abilities:
- Good command in spoken and written in English and Pidgin-English is an asset
- Loyal, discreet and punctual
- Good presentation
- Be of Cameroonian nationality
- Good geographical knowledge of the
- capable of working under pressure
Mode Of Application:
Candidates should apply online on the Organization’s Website or drop copies of their application park at the Buea Office located at Camp Sic- along the Bokwango Road; Bamenda Office located at Up Station, Governor’s Street and Kumba Office at the PLAN International Building in Buea Road. Not Later than 27th March 2022, 5:00Pm.
Application Pack Must Contain the following:
– An Application Letter
– Work Attestation
– Academic Attestations
– Driving License
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Postuler (Apply for the job) sur son site Internet: https://rescue.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/25268?c=rescue
The Weekly Job Report, Le rapport de travail hebdomadaire, 14/03/2022: https://afriquejobs.com/2022/03/13/the-weekly-job-report-le-rapport-de-travail-hebdomadaire-14-03-2022/
All companies hiring (Entreprises qui emploi au Cameroun): https://www.afriquejobs.com/2020/07/emplois-jobs-au-cameroun-liste-des.html
More jobs (Plus d\’offres d\’emploi): https://www.afriquejobs.com/