HR assistant, Client Services, Assistante RH, Service Clients, Yaoundé, World Bank
Role Responsibilities/ Responsabilités du rôle
Job #: req16352
Organization: World Bank
Sector: Human Resources
Term Duration: 3 years 0 months
Recruitment Type: Local Recruitment
Required Language(s): English, French
Closing Date: 3/14/2022 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC
Do you want to build a career that is truly worthwhile? Working at the World Bank Group provides a unique opportunity for you to help our clients solve their greatest development challenges. The World Bank Group is one of the largest sources of funding and knowledge for developing countries; a unique global partnership of five institutions dedicated to ending extreme poverty, increasing shared prosperity and promoting sustainable development. With 189 member countries and more than 120 offices worldwide, we work with public and private sector partners, investing in groundbreaking projects and using data, research, and technology to develop solutions to the most urgent global challenges. For more information, visit http://www.worldbank.org
Africa is a diverse continent brimming with opportunities. From clean energy and climate-smart agriculture to home grown digital innovations, African countries are accelerating their efforts to develop sustainably. Home to a 1.2-billion-person market and the world’s largest free trade zone, Africa offers human and natural resources that have the potential to yield inclusive growth and wipe out poverty in the region, enabling Africans across the continent to live healthier and more prosperous lives.
Yet these vast opportunities are tempered by persistent gaps in education, health, and skills, which have Africa only reaching forty percent of its estimated potential. Moreover, conflict, food insecurity, population growth, and the disruptive forces of climate change threaten to curtail or hamper progress.
The recent realignment in Operations led to the creation of two Africa regions: West & Central and East & Southern, effective July 1, 2020. HRD VPU Senior Management made the decision to keep one HR Client Service Team (HRDC1) to serve these two Africa regions. The combined two regions account for approximately 2,300 staff, mostly based in about 40 country offices, a total combined portfolio representing approximately 40% of the Bank’s business, and 50% of the Practice Managers decentralizing to the country offices; hence the need for effective HR support on the ground in the region.
The HR Client Service Team (HRDC1) offers customized and strategic HR partnership, support, and solutions to the Africa region. These HR partnership and services are provided to HQ as well as country-based units. In this regard, HRDC1 is seeking to recruit a Human Resources Assistant to be based in Yaounde, Cameroon and will partner closely with HR Business Partners and other HR Program Assistants in the delivery and flawless execution of HR products and services to HRDC1 clients. The scope of the position is varied and demanding, encompassing a combination of some traditional HR client support functions as well as direct contributions to the objectives of the team. The job requires ability to multitask working with multiple client groups, a high degree of judgment, initiative and flexibility, problem solving capability, patience, empathy, and teamwork.
Duties and Accountabilities
Key areas of responsibilities include:
- Respond to routine inquiries from client departments on HR programs and policies, in consultation with relevant HRBP.
- Support HR Business Partners in the delivery of key objectives and work programs including human capital framework with a focus on annual Performance Reviews, Talent Management, the Strategic Staffing Exercise.
- Monitor recruitment process for vacancies and bring issues to the attention of HR Business Partners for resolution.
- Review job descriptions participate in shortlisting committees and interview panels as appropriate; draft interview reports and conduct reference checks as needed; provide guidance to hiring managers, if needed.
- Support HR Business Partners through research into policies and practices as well as retrieving historical data.
- Gather and compiles information and prepares standard and ad-hoc HR reports.
- Update information contained in HR systems and ensure data accuracy (example: personnel records, staff moves transfers and promotions, compensation details, etc.).
- Prepare reports, briefs, or presentations to the team and or for guidance to clients
- Handle queries or requests from clients and research solutions and share the relevant information with parties concerned, after consultation with HRBPs
- Support the manager and the team on administrative duties
- Perform ad-hoc duties as assigned by the HRBP and HR Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree with concentration in business administration, human resources or related discipline (or equivalent combination of education and experience).
- Unquestionable and demonstrated ability to ensure total discretion, confidentiality, and strong personal ethics
- Ability to articulate issues and recommend solutions to aid management in decision-making
- Proficiency in all HR Systems and Microsoft Windows applications, namely Excel, Word, and Power Point
- Solid knowledge of core HR areas: compensation benefits; strategic staffing, learning, and training; performance management, career development, staffing and recruitment, and case management
- Able to ‘roll up sleeves’; has the flexibility to engage in all aspects of HR work, from identification of issues to implementation of solutions
- Strong oral and written communications and presentation skills, ability to translate data for a variety of audiences, and experience with preparing client-ready materials
- Great interpersonal skills
- Strong quality control orientation; attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic work environment
- Ability to build strong working relationships with counterparts across HRD and the World Bank Group
- PROFESSIONAL CURIOSITY : Identifies readily available information, resources in order to acquire a good understanding of broader HR theory and practice; self-evaluates current knowledge in order to identify necessary learning focus.
- INTEGRATING INFORMATION: Actively seeks information with respect to processes, rules, policies and other matters relevant to own and related jobs; identifies links and relationships within data and across the organization
- JUDGEMENT: Applies knowledge of theory, rules and practices to analysis of data in order to draw useful conclusions; analysis leads to timely decisions and recommendations within own realm.
- CREDIBILITY: Balances interests of clients, HR and broader WBG within own work, demonstrating tact and discretion; documents and shares project status and problems/issues with appropriate parties
- TRUSTED COMMUNICATOR: Accurately and fully conveys technical HR information, querying and listening carefully to ensure understanding; handles sensitive information appropriately; expresses own opinions on issues and technical matters, inviting dialogue and discussion
- COMMITMENT TO MISSION & VALUES Advocates for WBG mission and values within own team; welcomes and supports team diversity
- CONSULTATION: Consults with supervisors, colleagues and other HR staff to understand business challenges; makes appropriate recommendations with respect to own work.
- FLEXIBILITY: Changes approach to work tasks in the face of obstacles or new information
- INFLUENCING : Works with other HR staff and clients to identify communication objectives; persuades others using logic, data, visual aids and other tools to support arguments
World Bank Group Core Competencies
The World Bank Group offers comprehensive benefits, including a retirement plan; medical, life and disability insurance; and paid leave, including parental leave, as well as reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
Learn more about working at the World Bank and IFC, including our values and inspiring stories.
Postuler (Apply for the job) sur son site Internet: https://worldbankgroup.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=16352&site=1
The Weekly Job Report, Le rapport de travail hebdomadaire, 07/03/2022: https://afriquejobs.com/2022/03/07/the-weekly-job-report-le-rapport-de-travail-hebdomadaire-07-03-2022/
All companies hiring (Entreprises qui emploi au Cameroun): https://www.afriquejobs.com/2020/07/emplois-jobs-au-cameroun-liste-des.html
More jobs (Plus d\’offres d\’emploi): https://www.afriquejobs.com/