Program Assistant, Assistant de programme, Douala, World Bank Group
Role Responsibilities/ Responsabilités du rôle
Job #: req15183
Sector: Administration/Office Support
Term Duration: 2 years 0 months
Recruitment Type: Local Recruitment
Required Language(s): English, French
Closing Date: 3/15/2022 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC
IFC—a member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2021, IFC committed a record $31.5 billion to private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity as economies grapple with the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic. For more information, visit http://www.ifc.org.
The IFC’s Douala Country Office oversees and coordinates IFC’s activities for the Central Africa Sub-region which includes Cameroon, Central Republic of Africa, Chad, Democratic Republic of Congo, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, Republic of Congo and Sao Tome & Principe. The Country Office is seeking to recruit a highly motivated Program Assistant to provide effective and efficient administrative support to the assigned departmental team and operational staff. This role will contribute to the effective operation and administrative coordination of the team in the assigned department and should be ready to step up to undertake new responsibilities and challenges with enthusiasm.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Key roles and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Provides quality control of internal and external documents; reviews documents for accuracy and adherence with IFC and World Bank guidelines and procedures;
- Assists staff for the drafting, editing, formatting, and production of documents and correspondence.
- Coordinates schedules taking priority into account, monitors changes, and communicates the information to staff inside and outside the immediate work unit, including officials outside the bank;
- Solves non-routine problems (e.g. responds to requests requiring research to address query at hand, etc);
- Assists in preparation of conferences, seminars, workshops, analyze budgetary scope, build a database of participants and draft event reports, etc.;
- Maintains current distribution lists, phone/addresses list of project/product contacts, and distributes documents for relevant task teams to the main data;
- Maintains up-to-date work unit project and other files (both paper and electronic);
- Corresponds with vendors to solicit price quotes for supplies and make hotel reservations in accordance with World Bank Group policy;
- Manages logistics requests for the visiting missions of the units;
- Collaborates with other team members and contributes productively to the team’s work and output Fully involves others in the work of the team;
- Handles bookings for business travels; obtains tickets from the travel agency, requests visas for staff;
- Provide primary assistance to the Finance officer including specialized support accounting and SAP related operations;
- Assist with any other administrative matters in the Central Africa sub-region or corporate initiatives;
- Back-up other ACS in the office and in the region when needed;
- Undertake ad hoc duties that may be assigned by the Supervisor, or the designated Task Team Lead.
- Minimum of bachelors’ degree and/ college diploma with a minimum of 5 years relevant work experience in similar role, preferably in a large international organization;
- Excellent organizational, administrative and effective time management skills;
- Demonstrated ability to organize, prioritize, schedule, plan and coordinate work and other activities internally and externally;
- Strong attention to detail and to maintaining high quality standards;
- Ability to produce high quality work under pressure;
- Proven ability to create and work in a team-oriented, multi-cultural environment, to perform effectively in a constantly changing environment with competing activities and demands, and to effectively serve as a team member in various groups;
- Demonstrated ability to organize and implement projects and tasks, set priorities, coordinate and monitor assignments to maximize efficiency and quality;
- Outstanding interpersonal skills to interact effectively with a range of contacts internally and externally and deal effectively with diverse situations which require good judgment, tact and diplomacy;
- Effective analytical, research and problem-solving skills and ability to work independently and make judgments and decisions with minimal supervision;
- Strong communication skills in English and French (verbal and written), including ability to draft, proofread and edit correspondences and ensure quality of written outputs;
- Demonstrated ability to respond and deal effectively with diverse situations which require good judgment, tact, diplomacy and confidentiality;
- Good computer skills; proficiency with various software technologies such as MS Office, Outlook, One Drive and other standard office productivity software. Ability to learn quickly new software applications.
- High degree of motivation, initiative, flexibility, and reliability.
Work will involve frequent interaction with the following:
- Internal contacts: other VP units, World Bank as well as staff in all locations, locally and internationally.
- External contacts: Government Officials, Consultants, External Organizations, and other Service providers
World Bank Group Core Competencies
The World Bank Group offers comprehensive benefits, including a retirement plan; medical, life and disability insurance; and paid leave, including parental leave, as well as reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
Learn more about working at the World Bank and IFC, including our values and inspiring stories.
Postuler (Apply for the job) sur son site Internet: https://worldbankgroup.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=15183&site=1
The Weekly Job Report, Le rapport de travail hebdomadaire, 14/02/2022: https://afriquejobs.com/2022/02/14/the-weekly-job-report-le-rapport-de-travail-hebdomadaire-14-02-2022/
All companies hiring (Entreprises qui emploi au Cameroun): https://www.afriquejobs.com/2020/07/emplois-jobs-au-cameroun-liste-des.html
More jobs (Plus d\’offres d\’emploi): https://www.afriquejobs.com/