Landside Transportation Team Lead, Chef d’équipe du transport terrestre, Douala, Maersk Cameroon
Role Responsibilities/ Responsabilités du rôle
Maersk Cameroon is looking for a Team Lead to join our Landside Transportation team.
The role is responsible for Intermodal transportation in the country with an aim to optimize cost and deliver on the customer promise. It is all about improving performance and developing a strong and engaged team.
We offer you an exciting global career at the forefront of world trade. Working with the best people in a global team culture with future growth opportunities in an industry that has a significant impact on the world economy.
We’re proud of our people who define our company’s industry leadership, global team culture and customer-centric focus every day.
When you join our team you join a truly diverse, global organization in a fast-moving, values-based, work environment where you can grow on the job, create and shape our digital solutions, tap into industry-leading talent development initiatives, enjoy working with your colleagues and broaden your world view through our international job postings. We offer competitive compensation and benefits.
Maersk is uniquely positioned to play a significant role in global trade, creating opportunities that help countries, companies and people succeed. Our vision is simple: Maersk is the global integrator of container logistics, connecting and simplifying our customers’ global supply chains.
Join us and play an important role on our team lifting global trade every day!
Ownership of Intermodal in the country with an aim to optimize cost and deliver on the customer promise
– Ensure the accomplishment of vendor onboarding, proactive support and end-to-end issue resolution
– Develop and execute cost savings plans together with procurement to deliver the most attractive cost profile while maintaining excellent standards of safety and reliability
– Build strong and collaborative relationships with both established and new suppliers
– Liaising and preparing transport plan with suppliers
– Manage vendors to help deliver an excellent customer experience through timely and cost-efficient delivery
– Legal compliance related to Customs and relevant regulations
– Drive collaboration between cross-functional teams in scope of Customer Experience (CX)
– Identify process gaps and be actively involved in working on improvements to key processes to improve productivity and service levels to get on time delivery and proactive notification to the customer
– Improve the asset utilization (where necessary) and optimise key transport modes including contracted rail and truck networks
– Identify and drive improvements in triangulation opportunities within and across brands
– Drive process efficiency, improve complaint resolution timeliness, optimize by challenging business rules/limitations, and improve E2E service delivery to customers
– Check for additional business opportunities on satisfactory resolution of issues
Build and develop strong self-performing and engaged team
– Empower the team to suggest alternate viable solutions and actively resolve customers complaints within stipulated timeframe
– Encourage best practice and knowledge within the team
– Ensure proper onboarding of new joiners
We are looking for
– Experience in Logistics and Services, particularly Landside transportation
– Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills
– Very organized, proactive, and dynamic
– Understanding of the local market landscape
– Excellent analytical mindset, able to work with data, excel and present information to stakeholders
– Cost conscious and Solution oriented
– Leadership skills with ability to engage and develop the team
– English and French required.
Postuler (Apply for the job) sur son site Internet: https://www.maersk.com/careers/vacancies/sp/MA-315795/jt-landside-transportation-team-lead
The Weekly Job Report, Le rapport de travail hebdomadaire, 14/02/2022: https://afriquejobs.com/2022/02/14/the-weekly-job-report-le-rapport-de-travail-hebdomadaire-14-02-2022/
All companies hiring (Entreprises qui emploi au Cameroun): https://www.afriquejobs.com/2020/07/emplois-jobs-au-cameroun-liste-des.html
More jobs (Plus d\’offres d\’emploi): https://www.afriquejobs.com/