Project Coordinator Sponsorship, Coordinateur de projet Parrainage, Bertoua, Plan International
Role Responsibilities/ Responsabilités du rôle
Location: Bertoua, Cameroon
Company: Plan International
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
Title Sponsorship Project Coordinator
Functional Area Programme
Reports to Programme Influencing and Implementation Manager
Country Sponsorship and Youth Engagement Manager
Location Bertoua / Sponsorship community Travel may be required
Effective Date February 2022 Grade
Working in 54 developing countries across Africa, Asia and the Americas, with a total annual budget of approximately $1 billion, Plan International’s stated Global Strategic Goal is to reach as many children as possible, particularly those who are excluded or marginalised, with high-quality programmes that deliver long-lasting benefits.
Plan International has initiated a project to align their child sponsorship model with a new global strategy. This includes implementing identified gender transformative sponsorship projects just like grants and in a way that align with the country strategy as well as the Areas Of Global Distinctiveness. Within this context, it is imperative to establish a coordination and governance mechanism for all sponsorship projects within the Programme Influencing and Implementation Area (PIIA) that is fit for purpose.
This role will provide over all planning, coordination and support to all Sponsorship and Grants development projects within the PIIA and ensuring work is sequenced appropriately, that implementation is structured, managed and monitored and that the projects adhere to established reporting and governance structures.
DIMENSIONS OF THE ROLE
The Sponsorship Project Coordinator reports to the Programme Influencing and Implementation Manager and to the Country Sponsorship and Youth Engagement Manager. His/her supervises all project staff placed under their responsibility, working closely with them to prepare comprehensive project plans, including resources and timeframes for projects. S/he perform various coordinating tasks, like schedule and risk management, along with administrative duties, like maintaining project documentation and preparing project reports. To succeed in this role, s/he should have excellent skills in project and time management, communication and reporting, as S/he will collaborate with stakeholders and internal teams to deliver results on deadlines.
Coordinating, supporting, planning and implementation of Sponsorship development projects:
- Work with project officers and stakeholders to identify and define requirements, scope and objectives for projects
- Manage and Coordinate project activities, resources and information in line with defined schedules
- Coordinate appropriate projects including schedules, approach and success measures
- Identify and capture risks and opportunities of project and follow risk mitigation and escalation processes
- Act as the point of contact and communicate project status to all participants
- Work with the project officers to escalate and resolve challenges
- Ensure each sponsorship project team has the structure and tools it needs to deliver, and the agility to adapt when things change.
- Work with key stakeholders to ensure alignment to business as usual.
- Develop and support effective communication mechanisms between the country teams, and between different parts of the PIIA to enable delivery of the project.
- Produce monthly and quarterly reports and ensure budget is on time.
- Undertake other support and / or project administrative tasks as needed in support of the team and their projects, which may include supporting training development / delivery, supporting key stakeholder forums and meetings / calls.
- Ensures that Plan International’s global policies for Safeguarding Children and Young People and Gender Equality and Inclusion are fully embedded in accordance with the principles and requirements of the policy including relevant Implementation Standards and Guidelines as applicable to their area of responsibility. This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring staff and associates are aware of and understand their responsibilities under these policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), their relevance to their area of work, and that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures.
TECHNICAL EXPERTISE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Masters degree or equivalent in social sciences, project management, public relations or similar disciplines and at least 03 years of work experience in designing and implementing projects and programmes; Work experience in emergency situations (refugees) would be an asset.
- Bachelors degree in social sciences, management or similar disciplines and at least 05 years of work experience in the design and implementation of projects and programs, management, strategic planning, monitoring / evaluation. Work experience in emergency situations (refugees) would be an asset.
- A perfect mastery of policies, procedures and key rules, management of field teams, central and decentralized administration, community development.
- Excellent IT skills in MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook) along with the ability to plan, prioritise and respond flexibly to changing demands are vital.
- Ability to multitask and meet various deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Coordination and Administration experience
- Energy, commitment and an ability to work in a busy complex team
- Self-motivated, able to take initiative and able to work independently
- Flexible and positive attitude to problem solving
- Dedicated to ensuring outputs are achieved within deadlines
- Excellent communication and reporting skills
- Works well with others, comfortable working across cultural boundaries and with a diverse group of people to achieve shared goals; ability to build and maintain strong working relationships and networks
- Strong attention to detail and able to analyse and present information concisely and vibrantly
- Fast learner, comfortable getting to know new, unfamiliar content and new systems
- Interested in and committed to the work of Plan International.
- Project management or coordination experience/ qualification
- Business Analysis experience/qualification
- Project Proposals Development
PLAN INTERNATIONAL’S VALUES IN PRACTICE
We are open and accountable
- Promotes a culture of openness and transparency, including with sponsors and donors.
- Holds self and others accountable to achieve the highest standards of integrity.
- Consistent and fair in the treatment of people.
- Open about mistakes and keen to learn from them.
- Accountable for ensuring we are a safe organisation for all children, girls & young people
We strive for lasting impact
- Articulates a clear purpose for staff and sets high expectations.
- Creates a climate of continuous improvement, open to challenge and new ideas.
- Focuses resources to drive change and maximise long-term impact, responsive to changed priorities or crises.
- Evidence-based and evaluates effectiveness.
We work well together
- Seeks constructive outcomes, listens to others, willing to compromise when appropriate.
- Builds constructive relationships across Plan International to support our shared goals.
- Develops trusting and ‘win-win’ relationships with funders, partners and communities.
- Engages and works well with others outside the organization to build a better world for girls and all children.
We are inclusive and empowering
- We empower our staff to give their best and develop their potential
- We respect all people, appreciate differences and challenge equality in our programs and our workplace
- We support children, girls and young people to increase their confidence and to change their own lives.
Level of Contact with Children:
Low contact: No contact with children
Closing Date: 13/01/22
Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the very heart of everything that Plan International stands for.
We want Plan International to reflect the diversity of the communities we work with, offering equal opportunities to everyone regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
Plan International is based on a culture of inclusivity and we strive to create a workplace environment that ensures every team, in every office, in every country, is rich in diverse people, thoughts, and ideas.
We foster an organisational culture that embraces our commitment to racial justice, gender equality, girls’ rights and inclusion.
Plan International believes that in a world where children face so many threats of harm, it is our duty to ensure that we, as an organisation, do everything we can to keep children safe. This means that we have particular responsibilities to children that we come into contact with and we must not contribute in any way to harming or placing children at risk.
A range of pre-employment checks will be undertaken in conformity with Plan International’s Safeguarding Children and Young People policy. Plan International also participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. In line with this scheme we will request information from applicants previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms their understanding of these recruitment procedures.
Postuler (Apply for the job) sur son site Internet: https://jobs.plan-international.org/job/Bertoua-Project-Coordinator-Sponsorship/757339501/
The Weekly Job Report, Le rapport de travail hebdomadaire, 13/12/2021: https://afriquejobs.com/2021/12/12/the-weekly-job-report-le-rapport-de-travail-hebdomadaire-13-12-2021/
All companies hiring (Entreprises qui emploi au Cameroun): https://www.afriquejobs.com/2020/07/emplois-jobs-au-cameroun-liste-des.html
More jobs (Plus d\’offres d\’emploi): https://www.afriquejobs.com/