Information Technology Temporary, Technologie de l’information Temporaire, Yaoundé, World Bank Group
Role Responsibilities/ Responsabilités du rôle
Job #: req14368
Organization: World Bank
Sector: Information Technology
Term Duration: 1 year 0 months
Recruitment Type: Local Recruitment
Required Language(s): English
Closing Date: 1/7/2022 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC
Do you want to build a career that is truly worthwhile? Working at the World Bank provides a unique opportunity for you to help our clients solve their greatest development challenges. The World Bank consists of two entities – the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD) and the International Development Association (IDA). It is a global development cooperative owned by 189 member countries. As the largest development bank in the world, the World Bank provides loans, guarantees, risk management products, and advisory services to middle-income and creditworthy low-income countries, and coordinates responses to regional and global challenges. Visit http://www.worldbank.org.
ITS Vice Presidency Context:
Information and Technology Solutions (ITS) enables the WBG to achieve its mission of ending extreme poverty and promote shared prosperity in a sustainable way by delivering transformative information and technologies to its staff working in over 150 locations.
Our vision is to transform how the Bank Group accomplishes its mission through information and technology. In this fast-paced, ever-changing world, the formulation and implementation of the ITS strategy is an ongoing, iterative process of learning and adaptation developed through extensive consultations with business partners throughout the World Bank Group.
ITS shapes its strategy in response to changing business priorities and leverages new technologies to achieve three high-level business outcomes: business enablement, by providing Bank Group units with innovative digital tools and technologies to transform how they deliver value for their clients; empowerment & effectiveness, by ensuring that all Bank Group staff are connected, able to find information, and productive to accelerate the delivery of development solutions globally; and resilience, by equipping the Bank Group to provide risk-based cybersecurity and robust data protection for a global network and a growing cloud platform.
Implementation of the strategy is guided by three core principles. The first is to deliver solutions for business partners that are customer-centric, innovative, and transformative. The second is to provide the Bank Group with value for money with selective and standard technologies. The third principle is to excel at the basics by providing a high performing, robust, and resilient IT environment for the organization.
The IT Regional Client Services is primarily tasked with ensuring the cohesive delivery of regional IT programs and initiatives, as well as aligning existing support channels with business needs. In achieving its objectives and providing for a best possible IT customer experience, Client Support directs and partners with CO/HQ IT Support teams, 24/7 IT Service Desks, Training and Outreach, as well as cross-functional teams delivering products and solutions.
The WBG IT (ITSR1) team in the Africa region is responsible for providing high quality of Technology support services to the WBG offices in Africa. The team is also responsible for implementing Projects with Technical components such as hardware, software, communications, and telephony for local offices, residences of Senior Staff, and during high profile visits / workshops. The team is expected to assist with projects initiated from Bank’s HQ and the Region, by providing local perspective and input to be incorporated in designing and testing solutions.
The ITS Africa region team is organized in 3 clusters: South, West, and East-Central, each of the three led by a Regional IT Lead.
This position is based in Yaounde and reports to the Regional IT Lead for East and Central Africa.
The ETT IT Assistant will provide ongoing support for all WBG office staff as well as visiting staff and missions in Cameroon, IBRD Country Office. S/he will manage the full range of information technologies for the office, which include, but not limited to addressing daily desktop support, conferencing support, remote access and network support, issues concerning the maintenance and implementation of IT standards, knowledge sharing, asset inventory, maintaining local vendor relations and understanding contracts/Service Level Agreements (SLA), as well as providing local office training.
Duties and Accountabilities:
Experienced ET Temporary staff providing direct support to staff working in the Country Office.
- Works directly with customers to probe and ask effective questions to fully diagnose both the root cause of a problem and the customer’s comfort level with technology. Can assess complex, non-routine problems in their area of specialization.
- Supports and maintains the end user environment. This may include assessing, deploying, and implementing hardware and software upgrades.
- Documents, maintains, and enhances work processes and standards in the area, including documenting procedures for troubleshooting and incident resolution/solution.
- Participates in facilities work and vendor management, as part of CO administrative teams. Participates in security and business continuity activities. Troubleshoots, provide workarounds, and permanent fixes to issues identified in the end user environment. Provides technical solutions to imaging and post-install issues.
- Supports installation, maintenance, upgrades to local networks and communications infrastructure.
- Disseminates information on common problems to department staff.
- Tracks trending of issues and escalate, as appropriate.
The ET Temporary staff will be the front-line contact for IT vis-a-vis staff in the office. S/he will respond to their questions and inquiries and provide requested information and assistance. S/he will support and maintain workstation software and deliver related services. S/he provides IT support, analysis, troubleshooting, and informal training on Bank-standard hardware and software. S/he will also provide basic support on IT infrastructure and networking products.
Other responsibilities include, but may not be limited to, the following:
- Provide technical support to end users of institutional standard software such as Windows10, Office 365, Outlook, One Drive, Word, Excel PowerPoint and remote access through VPN and RDP.
- Coordinate, plan and schedule the installation and deployment of new images, software/hardware upgrades, and fixes.
- As part of the Emergency Management Team, assist in Business Continuity procedures: Verify backup systems and implement as necessary backup and restore procedure.
- Provide feedback on new software, hardware and services performance and testing.
- Document incident/problem status and resolution in tracking system (Service Now). Document solutions to common problems and respond to frequently asked questions.
- Maintain office inventory of IT related equipment and software licenses, monitoring institutional charges against that inventory.
- Collaborate with the other IT team members in support of Regional and Institutional technical initiatives.
- Provide support for network connectivity or related network issues for the user community to include LAN/WAN, IP, VoIP, 3G/4G mobile devices, video conferencing and wireless environment.
- Provide direction and timely training to end users in software and network usage with an emphasis on guidelines and policies where applicable.
- Promote information security awareness and Institutional guidelines and policies for information security within the unit.
- Configure, install, and update Bank-standard hardware and software, peripheral equipment, and other desktop or portable computing devices.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot hardware, software, and network issues. Seek technical assistance or escalate issues with the appropriate group as necessary and follow-up to ensure resolution.
- Implement software or hardware changes to rectify any issues.
- Document procedures and solutions to common technical problems.
- Provide on-the-spot training to clients, promoting the effective use of technology.
- Support other team members in the scheduling and management of video conferences, webinars and conferencing events using Cisco Webex, Jabber and codec solutions.
- Provide solutions and IT support services within the Institutional standards framework and in compliance with Bank IT policies and best practices.
- Ensure that Bank information and information systems are protected in a manner consistent with Bank information security policy, procedures, and standards.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science with 3 years of relevant experience or Associate degree in Computer Science with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrates general knowledge of hardware and software products and problem solving/troubleshooting skills.
- High comfort level with IT systems including: Windows 10; Office 365; Outlook 2013; MS-Office 2010/2013; Remote Access solutions and VPN; Cisco videoconferencing codecs, Cisco Jabber, Cisco VMR and Cisco WebEx; mobile devices (iOS and Android); Service Now; Cloud solutions and collaboration tools such as OneDrive, Office 365, Microsoft Teams, and SharePoint.
- Ability to work in a team environment and across organizational boundaries, as well as to handle multiple projects, and coordinate with outside vendors.
- Similar past work experience in the country of this advertisement or the sub-region.
- Past work experience with IT change management, technology deployments and asset disposal work within office environments.
- High comfort level supporting mobile devices, including smartphones and tablets from both iOS and Android platforms.
- Business level language skills in English is expected.
- Ability to prioritize workload balance conflicting demands and willingness to work extended hours in support of time-critical projects.
- A strong customer orientation and proven ability to deal with staff calmly in a high-pressured environment, including the ability to promote and facilitate cooperation within the organization and with clients.
- Good communication and presentation skills — both verbal and written.
- Highest ethical standards.
- Proven ability to work in a team environment.
- Emphasis on follow-through and accountability.
- Reliability and punctuality.
- Willingness and ability to perform under periods of high client service demand and associated work stress.
- An upbeat, positive attitude and willingness to learn and help others.
- Flexibility and being able to adapt to new situations.
- Client Understanding and Advising – Makes decisions to meet the needs of the situation by considering all available resources and information and follows through on client inquiries, requests, and addressing problems.
- Learning Orientation – Stays abreast of changes in areas of technical expertise and specialized knowledge as well as what is occurring in other related specialties.
- Broad Business Thinking – Keeps informed on business operations and the relationship of delivered support/services to the business. Provides a business-based rationale for determining the necessity of incremental improvements.
- Analytical Thinking – Gathers and links data.
- Information Systems / Technologies / Product / Services Knowledge – Aware of the primary uses of technology by customers.
World Bank Group Core Competencies
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
Learn more about working at the World Bank and IFC, including our values and inspiring stories.
Note: The selected candidate will be offered a one-year appointment, renewable for an additional one year, at the discretion of the World Bank Group, and subject to a lifetime maximum ET Appointment of two years. If an ET appointment ends before a full year, it is considered as a full year toward the lifetime maximum. Former and current ET staff who have completed all or any portion of their second-year ET appointment are not eligible for future ET appointments
Postuler (Apply for the job) sur son site Internet: https://worldbankgroup.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=14368&site=1
The Weekly Job Report, Le rapport de travail hebdomadaire, 13/12/2021: https://afriquejobs.com/2021/12/12/the-weekly-job-report-le-rapport-de-travail-hebdomadaire-13-12-2021/
All companies hiring (Entreprises qui emploi au Cameroun): https://www.afriquejobs.com/2020/07/emplois-jobs-au-cameroun-liste-des.html
More jobs (Plus d\’offres d\’emploi): https://www.afriquejobs.com/