Accountant – Conservation Through Economic Empowerment in the Republic of the Congo (CEERC), Comptable – Conservation par l’autonomisation économique en République du Congo (CEERC), Brazzaville, Tetra Tech
Role Responsibilities/ Responsabilités du rôle
Accountant – Conservation Through Economic Empowerment in the Republic of the Congo (CEERC)
Practice area(s): Environment
Location(s): Brazzaville, Congo (Brazzaville)
Duration: Contract Employee
Hire Type(s): In-Country Applicant
The USAID-funded USAID Conservation Through Economic Empowerment in the Republic of the Congo (CEERC)] Project in the Republic of the Congo implemented by Tetra Tech International Development is currently accepting expressions of interest for an Accountant. The purpose of CEERC is to reduce threats to biodiversity, carbon-rich forests and peatlands in the Republic of Congo (ROC). This five-year activity takes a market-systems approach to promote conservation-friendly development and strengthen green markets systems.
The Accountant will be responsible for the overall accounting and financial control systems for the CEERC office and for ensuring that adequate and appropriate internal controls are in place to meet generally recognized accounting standards. The Accountant will manage all bookkeeping, bank accounts and cash flow to ensure sufficient funds are available for effective and efficient implementation as well as payroll and ensuring all tax obligations are met. The accounting position is a long-term five-year position based in Brazzaville, Republic of the Congo.
* Maintain and update accounting and financial control systems in accordance with U.S government regulations and Tetra Tech policy. Maintain financial security by following internal controls;
* Manage the preparation and submission of the CEERC monthly expenditure reports, ensuing that they are accurate, complete, and submitted to Tetra Tech Home Office by the specified due date each month;
* Manage the preparation and submission of the CEERC monthly fund projections ensuring that they are accurate and complete;
* Ensure that transactions are appropriately recorded in QuickBooks and ensure Tetra Tech accounting and procurement standards, procedures and policies are followed and implemented;
* Ensure that all bank and cash transactions are conducted in accordance with the set procedures;
* Ensures the travel expense reports are properly completed and outstanding cash advances for travel are reconciled;
* Manages confidential payment of monthly payroll and orders payments of income tax, pension health and unemployment benefits to government funds.
* Manage the deduction and payment of applicable taxes and ensure filing of such returns with the appropriate authorities;
* Reconciles bank records and prepares monthly bank report;
* Provides financial and budgetary information for USAID as needed;
* Other accounting, financial management and administrative tasks consistent with the overall scope of this position assigned from time to time by the Deputy Chief of Party/Operations Manager;
* Other Duties and Responsibilities as assigned by the Chief of Party;
* Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or closely related field;
* Minimum five (5) years accounting experience;
* Minimum three (3) years working with International NGO/s or international development firms;
* Familiarity with QuickBooks preferred;
* French fluency and strong working written and speaking facility in English required;
* Experience with USAID-funded projects strongly preferred;
* Citizens of ROC strongly encouraged to apply;
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that your Cover Letter and CV/Resume are uploaded and any additional requested documentation, if noted above, as part of your application. Incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees – 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 450 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.
Postuler (Apply for the job) sur son site Internet: https://careers.tetratechintdev.com/IDSCareers/App/PostingDetail.aspx?PostingId=4656#utm_source=HO_RSS
The Weekly Job Report, Le rapport de travail hebdomadaire, 06/12/2021: https://afriquejobs.com/2021/12/06/the-weekly-job-report-le-rapport-de-travail-hebdomadaire-06-12-2021/
All companies hiring (Entreprises qui emploi au Cameroun): https://www.afriquejobs.com/2020/07/emplois-jobs-au-cameroun-liste-des.html
More jobs (Plus d\’offres d\’emploi): https://www.afriquejobs.com/