Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Specialist, Suivi et évaluation (S&E), Brazzaville, – USAID CEERC Activity
Role Responsibilities/ Responsabilités du rôle
Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Specialist – USAID CEERC Activity
Practice area(s): Environment
Location(s): Brazzaville, Congo (Brazzaville)
Duration: Contract Employee
Hire Type(s): In-Country Applicant
Experience: 1-5 Years
The USAID/Republic of the Congo Conservation through Economic Empowerment in the Republic of Congo (CEERC) Activity in the Republic of Congo, implemented by Tetra Tech International Development is currently accepting expressions of interest for a Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Specialist. This position will be located in Brazzaville.
The purpose of the CEERC Project is to reduce threats to biodiversity, carbon-rich forests and peatlands in the Republic of Congo (ROC). This five-year activity takes a market-systems approach to promote conservation-friendly development and strengthen green markets systems. CEERC will work with communities, private sector entities, civil society, the government and other stakeholders to build private sector partnerships and alliances, identify opportunities to improve business-enabling conditions, and strengthen the capacity of community enterprises.
The M&E Specialist will lead CEERC’s performance monitoring system to ensure quality data is collected for reporting and informing adaptive management. The M&E Specialist will report to the Communication and Knowledge Management Lead and be based in Brazzaville. This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
* Support the Communications and Knowledge Management Lead to develop an Activity Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Plan to track CEERC’s progress incorporating performance and context indicators;
* Develop tools and data collection protocols to meet indicator specifications and ensure data quality (reliability, integrity, validity, precision, timeliness);
* Train staff and partners in data collection protocols and oversee data collection;
* Work with the Capacity-Building/Small Grants Lead to provide training and coaching to grantees so that data collection and use of data by grantees aligns with the MEL Plan;
* Perform data quality spot checks and other data quality assurance procedures;
* Verify program results with supporting documentation, photographs, and success stories:
* Participate in internal and external data quality assessments (DQAs);
* Provide aggregate performance results to the Communications and Knowledge Management Lead for incorporation in quarterly and annual reports and other communications materials;
* Capture success stories among partners and grantees to use in Learning activities
* Perform data analysis and present performance updates, including analysis by disaggregates and other data findings (successes, gaps, discrepancies) for discussion at participatory workshops and events (such as pause-and reflect sessions, seminars, and workshops); and
* Ensure data submissions to USAID’s Development Data Library (DDL).
* At least three years of experience with monitoring and evaluation is required;
* At least a Bachelor’s degree is required, ideally in a data management field with additional training and certification/s in monitoring and evaluation preferred;
* Experience in the fields of biodiversity and climate change is preferred;
* Written and spoken proficiency in French is required, and additional written and spoken proficiency in English is preferred;
* Experience working on USAID activities is preferred; and
* Congo (Brazzaville) nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that your Cover Letter and CV/Resume are uploaded and any additional requested documentation, if noted above, as part of your application. Incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees – 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 450 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.
Postuler (Apply for the job) sur son site Internet: https://careers.tetratechintdev.com/IDSCareers/App/PostingDetail.aspx?PostingId=4695
The Weekly Job Report, Le rapport de travail hebdomadaire, 22/11/2021: https://afriquejobs.com/2021/11/21/the-weekly-job-report-le-rapport-de-travail-hebdomadaire-22-11-2021/
All companies hiring (Entreprises qui emploi au Cameroun): https://www.afriquejobs.com/2020/07/emplois-jobs-au-cameroun-liste-des.html
More jobs (Plus d\’offres d\’emploi): https://www.afriquejobs.com/