Biodiversity Specialist, Spécialiste de la biodiversité, Brazzaville, – USAID CEERC Activity
Role Responsibilities/ Responsabilités du rôle
Biodiversity Specialist – USAID CEERC Activity
Practice area(s): Environment
Location(s): Brazzaville, Congo (Brazzaville)
Duration: Contract Employee
Hire Type(s): In-Country Applicant
Experience: 6-9 Years
The USAID-funded Conservation through Economic Empowerment in the Republic of Congo (CEERC) Activity, implemented by Tetra Tech International Development is currently accepting expressions of interest for a Biodiversity Specialist. This position will be located in Brazzaville.
The purpose of the CEERC Project is to reduce threats to biodiversity, carbon-rich forests and peatlands in the Republic of Congo (ROC). This five-year activity takes a market-systems approach to promote conservation-friendly development and strengthen green markets systems. CEERC will work with communities, private sector entities, civil society, the government and other stakeholders to build private sector partnerships and alliances, identify opportunities to improve business-enabling conditions, and strengthen the capacity of community enterprises.
The Biodiversity Specialist will support CEERC’s activities to reduce land-based GHG emissions and biodiversity loss. The Biodiversity Specialist will report to the Chief of Party and be based in Brazzaville. This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
* Work closely with the entire technical team to ensure biodiversity assessments of value chains;
* Ensure that potential impacts of threats and drivers to biodiversity are incorporated in all CEERC actions;
* Provide technical support to CEERC activities to identify, strengthen, and scale up innovative, green enterprise solutions to reduce threats to biodiversity;
* Provide technical support to CEERC activities to set and maintain up to date knowledge of climate change management and monitoring in target activities;
* Assist CEERC staff and partners in ensuring development of appropriate systems, processes and protocols to measure forest cover change, GHG emission and carbon storage;
* Assist the Communications and CLA Lead to develop strategies to encourage public awareness and behavior change;
* Participate in CLA pause-and reflect sessions by presenting updates on Activity progress and capturing success stories among CARPE partners and grantees;
* Work closely with the Capacity-Building/Small Grants Lead, provide capacity building and training to ensure grantees have sufficient knowledge and technical skills;
* Provide technical supervision of grantees and consultants as delegated by the COP;
* Assure thorough and accurate reporting for activities and participate in budget and operational planning as needed;
* Support efforts to monitor and report on biophysical indicators.
* Bachelor’s degree, advanced degree preferred, relevant to natural resource management and/or climate change;
* Minimum of 6 years of experience in the development sector providing technical assistance and/or advisory services on large donor-funded projects;
* Experience working in Central Africa;
* Written and spoken fluency in French required, English a plus;
* USAID experience preferred;
* Congo (Brazzaville) nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that your Cover Letter and CV/Resume are uploaded and any additional requested documentation, if noted above, as part of your application. Incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees – 21,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 450 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.
Postuler (Apply for the job) sur son site Internet: https://careers.tetratechintdev.com/IDSCareers/App/PostingDetail.aspx?PostingId=4758
The Weekly Job Report, Le rapport de travail hebdomadaire, 22/11/2021: https://afriquejobs.com/2021/11/21/the-weekly-job-report-le-rapport-de-travail-hebdomadaire-22-11-2021/
All companies hiring (Entreprises qui emploi au Cameroun): https://www.afriquejobs.com/2020/07/emplois-jobs-au-cameroun-liste-des.html
More jobs (Plus d\’offres d\’emploi): https://www.afriquejobs.com/