Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Accra, International Organization for Migration UN
Role Responsibilities/ Responsabilités du rôle
Position Title : Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Duty Station : Accra, Ghana
Classification : Professional Staff, Grade P2
Type of Appointment : Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 25 November 2021
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading
UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and
non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the
benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Read more about diversity and
inclusion at IOM at http://www.iom.int/diversity.
Applications are welcome from first- and second-tier candidates, particularly qualified female
candidates as well as applications from the non-represented member countries of IOM. For all
IOM vacancies, applications from qualified and eligible first-tier candidates are considered
before those of qualified and eligible second-tier candidates in the selection process.
For the purpose of this vacancy, the following are considered first-tier candidates:
- Internal candidates
- Candidates from the following non-represented member states:
Antigua and Barbuda; Aruba (Netherlands); Botswana; Cabo Verde; Comoros;
Congo (the); Cook Islands; Cuba; Fiji; Gabon; Guinea-Bissau; Guyana;
Holy See; Iceland; Kingdom of Eswatini; Kiribati; Lao People’s
Democratic Republic (the); Latvia; Libya; Luxembourg; Marshall Islands;
Micronesia (Federated States of); Montenegro; Namibia; Nauru; Palau;
Saint Kitts and Nevis; Saint Lucia; Saint Vincent and the Grenadines;
Samoa; Sao Tome and Principe; Seychelles; Solomon Islands; Suriname; The
Bahamas; Timor-Leste; Tonga; Tuvalu; Vanuatu
Second tier candidates include:
All external candidates, except candidates from non-represented member states.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission, direct supervision of the Project
Development & Donor Liaison Officer (PDDLO) and in close coordination with
Project/Programme Managers (PMs), the successful candidate will monitor and coordinate the
monitoring and evaluation aspects of IOM activities, programmes and projects and assist in their
relevant and effective implementation, in line with the expectations of IOM’s donors and Member
States on monitoring and evaluation (M&E) requirements.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Page 1 / 5
- Contribute to the development of standardized Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) systems
within the mission, including M&E plan/results monitoring framework, quality assurance
mechanisms, M&E data collection methods and procedures; review/update the project M&E
- Check the accurate use of M&E and Reporting tools to facilitate effective capturing and
management of data, and support the analysis of the data for reporting processes.
- Provide technical support for process and operations monitoring, including participatory
evaluations, baseline assessment, real-time, mid-term, final evaluations, lessons-learned
workshops/ meetings, and programmes/projects reviews to help integrate lessons learnt from
- In close collaboration with relevant IOM staff, operational teams, and implementing partners,
check compliance with quantitative and qualitative M&E requirements; consolidate and share,
promptly, relevant and appropriate M&E information to teams to inform progress reporting and
improvement in line with IOM and donor standards and expectations.
- Support the PSU and Programme Units during project development by inputting the overall
result matrices and theory of change, budgets, and parameters to monitor programmes/projects
performances and achievements. Check that M&E arrangements comply with IOM internal M&E
standards and donor agreements and expectations, including the addition of custom or standard
- Provide technical input and information to support the evaluation processes, including Post
Description (PD) design, Request for Expression of Interest, evaluation inception meetings,
implementation, and dissemination phases. Contribute to organizational learning by checking if
management responses, evaluation learning briefs, dissemination meetings are conducted, and
alert the supervisor accordingly. Arrange that evaluation reports are made available to main
stakeholders and donors in line with the policy of disclosure, and where relevant, are made
- Participate in project reviews/planning, kick-off meetings, and assist program managers in
revising log frame matrices, particularly the vertical and horizontal logic and monitoring
- Participate and/or support in consultation with the PDDLO, M&E related Networks, Working
Groups and support the UN Sustainable Development Cooperation Framework (UNSDCF) or
other relevant processes and reporting, including UNInfo, in line with the Results-Based
Management (RBM) framework approach and other strategic focus.
- Keep abreast of internal Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning (MEAL) and
RBM developments to facilitate compliance with processes and strategies such as the
Institutional Questionnaire (IQ), IOM global M&E strategy, Strategic Results Framework
(following IOM Global Vision), regional M&E planning tools and PRIMA-for-all standards and
ensure an efficient follow up of the PRIMA focal points’ tasks and support the PRIMA dispatcher
functions at regional level.
- Participate in monitoring and evaluation missions commissioned/organized by external
partners and donors and facilitate access to M&E data to relevant stakeholders
- Liaise with the Regional M&E specialist regarding country office evaluation planning, the
execution and monitoring of the evaluation plan and quality assurance of evaluation products.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
Page 2 / 5
- Master’s degree in Monitoring and Evaluation, Development, Social or Political Sciences,
Management, or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of
relevant professional experience; or,
- University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience in project implementation and management, preferably in the field of research,
monitoring and/or evaluation;
- Strong analytical skills and managerial and organizational ability are required;
- Proven experience in the logical framework approach, Results Based Management (RBM)
and other strategic planning approaches; M&E methods and approaches (including quantitative,
qualitative and participatory); implementation of M&E systems and plans; training in M&E
development and implementation; information analysis and report writing;
- Knowledge and understanding of the migration issues in the region is an advantage.
- Good knowledge of programme management cycle;
- Computer skills and knowledge of relational databases, Microsoft applications, spreadsheets,
word processing etc. is essential;
- Knowledge of MS office is a must and advanced statistical skills including knowledge of
database packages an advantage;
- Good knowledge of M&E and RBM products, such as Logical Frameworks, Theory of Change
and M&E Plans;
- Ability to analyse, synthesize and report both qualitative and quantitative data;
- Ability to design an evaluation protocol, to develop evaluation inception reports, to conduct
field data collection and to report evaluation results and recommendations to targeted
- Excellent writing and reporting skills;
- Proven ability to work in a team and with counterparts at different levels Excellent
inter-personal and communication skills;
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment;
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and to write clearly and accurately.
IOM’s official languages are English, French, and Spanish.
External applicants for all positions in the Professional category are required to be proficient in
English and have at least a working knowledge of one additional UN Language (French,
Spanish, Arabic, Russian or Chinese).
For all applicants, fluency in English is required (oral and written). Working knowledge of French
is an advantage.
Proficiency of language(s) required will be specifically evaluated during the selection process,
which may include written and/or oral assessments.
Accredited Universities are the ones listed in the UNESCO World Higher Education Database
Page 3 / 5
Values – all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural
differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner
consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed
manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve
shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely
manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes
responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains
complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
IOM’s competency framework can be found at this link.
Competencies will be assessed during a competency-based interview.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding
This selection process may be used to staff similar positions in various duty stations.
Recommended candidates endorsed by the Appointments and Postings Board will remain
eligible to be appointed in a similar position for a period of 24 months.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in
the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are
nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment,
accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Vacancies close at 23:59 local time Geneva, Switzerland on the respective closing date. No
late applications will be accepted.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment
system, by 25 November 2021 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
Page 4 / 5
IOM only accepts duly completed applications submitted through the IOM e-Recruitment
system. The online tool also allows candidates to track the status of their application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For further information please refer to: http://www.iom.int/recruitment
From 12.11.2021 to 25.11.2021
IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview,
processing, training or other fee). IOM does not request any information related to bank
Requisition: VN 2021 279 Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (P2) Accra, Ghana (57257963) Released
Posting: Posting NC57257964 (57257964) Released
Postuler (Apply for the job) sur son site Internet: https://recruit.iom.int/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/hrrcf_a_posting_apply?PARAM=cG9zdF9pbnN0X2d1aWQ9MDAwRDNBQUE5N0RDMUVEQzkwRUM1MDY5OTQxQzgxMEUmY2FuZF90eXBlPUVYVA%3d%3d&sap-wd-configid=ZHRRCF_A_POSTING_APPLY&sap-theme=sap_corbu&sap-client=100&sap-language=EN#
The Weekly Job Report, Le rapport de travail hebdomadaire, 08/11/2021: https://afriquejobs.com/2021/11/07/the-weekly-job-report-le-rapport-de-travail-hebdomadaire-08-11-2021/
All companies hiring (Entreprises qui emploi au Cameroun): https://www.afriquejobs.com/2020/07/emplois-jobs-au-cameroun-liste-des.html
More jobs (Plus d\’offres d\’emploi): https://www.afriquejobs.com/