Engineer Applications Support, Ingénieur Appui Applicatif, Douala, MTN
Role Responsibilities/ Responsabilités du rôle
“Mission/ Core purpose of the Job –
The Application Support Analyst is responsible for IT application support activities including maintenance, administration, and second and third line support. They will work closely with the Service Desk to provide second and third line operational support and to ensure timely and efficient resolution of IT application-related incidents and service requests. Responsible for managing the resolution of application and system issues that arise across a business.
When requested by the Change Managers, the Application Support Analyst will support the process of impact assessing and planning IT application changes, and will then implement, test and monitor required changes in line with agreed change plans. ”
“Key Job Responsibilities
Resolve IT application-related incidents, service requests and problems in a timely and efficient manner in line with Business requirements and agreed OLA/SLA.
Employ appropriate application maintenance, support and incident management processes and procedures to support and maintain IT applications, and to investigate and resolve IT application-related incidents.
As required, provide timely communication to users on the status of their concerns.
As necessary, liaise with IT suppliers to ensure IT application-related incidents and problems are resolved in a timely and professional manner accordingly to ITSM SLAs.
Ensure problem prevention methods are continually applied to improve service levels and reduce costs.
Undertake IT application-related problem diagnosis, implementing problem resolution or prevention measures as appropriate.
Monitor the availability, performance, quality and throughput of supported IT applications.
Prioritize and schedule assigned support activities and tasks.
Maintain IT applications support technical documentation.
Participate in disaster recovery activities as required.
Understand and comply with the IT organization requirements, processes, procedures and policies.
Perform other duties as assigned by line manager.
Undertake knowledge management activities: identifying, controlling and storing any pertinent information, and maintaining knowledge items to ensure that they are relevant.
Ensure that all activities are performed at a consistently high standard with minimal risk, and that opportunities to improve services and processes are identified and actioned.
Promote equality and diversity in all aspects of work by developing and maintaining positive working relationships, ensuring that colleagues are treated fairly and with respect/dignity and actively contributing to developments that support the Company’s strategy for widening access, inclusion and diversity.
Carry out ad hoc duties as requested by appropriate managers within Technology department.
Provide 24/7 on call support.
Staff Leadership and Management
Ability to work within a team
Responsible for self-learning and development with guidance from the Manager
Ensure cohesive working with the CoE
Accountable for meeting and prioritising own targets / deadlines
Provide information to the Manager on work accomplishments, individual / team challenges
Lead team meetings and contribute on specialist / technical areas when required
Review performance metric dashboards prepared on various performance metrics and provide input to the manager
Adhoc and Operational Meeting
Participate and provide inputs in operational meetings as and when required
Set up and manage adhoc meetings for day to day operational requirements as and when required
Timely notification of escalations to the line Manager, SSH and the CoE
Resolve escalations as per defined escalation / resolution procedures
Participate and provide inputs in project status meetings
Propose operational changes and provide associated user impact assessment
Ensure effective execution of day to day operations at the CoE and at the Opco and resolve operational issues
Improve productivity and quality through leading practice initiatives
Provide inputs to the Manager (as required) relating to progress made within the sub-division and in accordance with the measurement metrics set by the organisation
– Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Engineering or related field required (Master’s advantageous)
– Minimum of 3 years’ experience in IT Support;
– Experience in at least one of the following technology products: HR, finance, security and booking IT applications; Customer relationship management applications; Digital asset management applications and systems; Windows server performance management tools; and VMware performance management tools.
– Experience in supervising others is an advantage
– Experience of performing a similar role in other mediums organizations.
– ITIL v3 foundation qualified.
– Experience of project management
– Quality assurance
– GSM, Architecture, TELECOM
– Problem Solving)”
– Commitment to the Organization
– Teamwork & Cooperation
– Customer Focus
– Taking the Initiative
– IT problem diagnosis and resolution.
– Technical requirements definition.
– Strong planning and organization.
– Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with an ability to communicate effectively and professionally.
– Excellent understanding of ITIL service management processes.
– Ability to produce clear written material.
– Ability to communicate technical information in a clear and understandable manner to non-technical stakeholders.
– Customer focused and goal orientated with keen attention to detail.
– Ability to engage with and seek input from others to ensure delivery to agreed timescales.
– Strong sense of ownership and ability to follow tasks through to completion.
– Ability to effectively engage with third party suppliers, with experience of allocating work to suppliers and working with suppliers to resolve issues.
– Ability to work as part of an effective and highly skilled team.
– Willingness to learn new technologies and maintain industry knowledge.
– Ability to understand and determine when issues should be escalated to a higher level.
– Open to new ideas and change initiatives, with an ability to modify the current approach in the face of new demands.
– Possessing specialist knowledge of operating systems, devices, applications and software”
– Analytical Thinking, Problem solving and analytical abilities.
– Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
– Team building abilities
– Ability to function under pressure.
– Ability to think and articulate thoughts logically
– Ability to Multitask”
Postuler (Apply for the job) sur son site Internet: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/2780632246/
The Weekly Job Report, Le rapport de travail hebdomadaire, 25/10/2021: https://afriquejobs.com/2021/10/31/the-weekly-job-report-le-rapport-de-travail-hebdomadaire-31-10-2021/
All companies hiring (Entreprises qui emploi au Cameroun): https://www.afriquejobs.com/2020/07/emplois-jobs-au-cameroun-liste-des.html
More jobs (Plus d\’offres d\’emploi): https://www.afriquejobs.com/