Assistant FAO Representative (Programme), Représentant adjoint de la FAO (Programme), Yaoundé, FAO
Role Responsibilities/ Responsabilités du rôle
CALL FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST – VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT: 2102752
Assistant FAO Representative (Programme)
Job Posting: 12/Oct/2021
Closure Date: 02/Nov/2021, 6:59:00 PM
Organizational Unit: FRCMR
Job Type: Staff position
Type of Requisition: NPO (National Professional Officer)
Grade Level: N-2
Primary Location: Cameroon-Yaounde
Duration: One year with the possibility of extension
Post Number: 0882046
CCOG Code: 1A02
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
The length of appointment for internal FAO candidates will be established in accordance with applicable policies pertaining to the extension of appointments
- FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender and nationality
- People with disabilities are protected from any type of discrimination during any stage of employment, including the recruitment phase
- All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
- The incumbent may be re-assigned to different activities and/or duty stations depending on the evolving needs of the Organization
FAO Cameroon (FRCMR) is a country office working with the government, national stakeholders and international organizations to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security, to develop the agricultural, fisheries and forestry sectors, and to promote the sustainable use of environmental and natural resources.
The Assistant FAO Representative (Programme) reports to the FAO Representative (FAOR).
Programme development, coordination and operational assistance based on the knowledge of the local conditions, culture, language and institutions of the country of assignment.
Effective and efficient coordination and provision of the technical and operational support of the programme and project activities of the FAO Representation.
- Liaises and assists government authorities and local, national and international institutions in the areas of FAO’s activities in the country and with other UN agencies. He/she may represent FAO at inter-agency meetings as required;
- Promotes the image of FAO through advocacy of the Organization’s mandate, programmes, national priorities and activities including development and maintenance of communication tools such as website, press releases and publications, and supports the implementation of FAO’s regulatory framework (Codex Alimentarius, Code of Conduct for Responsible Fisheries, Safe Use of Pesticides, etc.) in the country;
- Coordinates the collection, consolidation and maintenance of country data on food, crops, livestock, forestry and fisheries including information on external aid in FAO’s corporate systems and monitor changes in national policies affecting the agricultural sector;
- Participates in producing technical, economic and policy studies as required and developing country level development frameworks such as the Country Programming Framework (CPF) and the United Nations Development Assistance Frameworks (UNDAF);
- Participates in the identification, formulation and preparation of programme and project proposals and monitor and review the status of programme/project implementation to ensure that all operational activities are carried out in line with the work plan and the project document; identify inconsistencies and delays and, when necessary, propose corrective measures to overcome operational constraints;
- Briefs, trains and supervises lower grade level programme staff regarding all aspects of the job. Ensures adherence to procedures and work requirements and accuracy and diligence of the work provided;
- Performs other duties as required.
- Coordinates the technical and operational support of the programme and project activities of the FAO Representation.
- Enhances the technical and social content, delivery and effectiveness of the Organization’s programmes and projects, including through his/her knowledge of local conditions, culture, language(s) and institutions.
- Interacts with technical and operations staff in FAO’s Regional Office and Sub-regional Office (where appropriate) as well as with staff at Headquarters.
- Interacts with staff and managers of local institutions and suppliers, including consultants and experts working in FAO’s country programmes and projects.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- National of Cameroon
- Advanced University degree in agriculture, agricultural economics, forestry, fisheries, or any other field related to the work of the Organization
- Two years of relevant experience public and/or private sectors related to programming, planning and technical cooperation in food and agriculture and/or project implementation as well as agriculture development in an area of FAO’s activities in the country
- Level C of the official communication language used for FAO communication with the country (English, French, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese or Russian)
- Working knowledge of the local language (if not English, French, Spanish, Arabic, Russian or Chinese)
- Limited knowledge (Level B) of English (if the main communication language is French, Spanish, Arabic, Russian or Chinese)
- Results Focus
- Team Work
- Building effective relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Work experience in more than one location or area of work, particularly in field positions is desirable
- Extent and relevance of experience in programme/project development and management
- Demonstrated understanding of the purpose and functions of the technical programme, operational guidelines and project/programme management procedures, preferably those adopted by the United Nations or FAO
- Extent and relevance of experience in the field of policy analysis relating to food and nutrition security, agriculture and rural development
- Extent and relevance of experience in the collection of country data on food, crops, livestock, forestry and fisheries
- Extent and relevance of experience in the identification, formulation and preparation of programme and project proposals as well as programme/project implementation, monitoring and review
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency.
- AFAORs shall be granted fixed-term appointments for such period or periods as the Organization may determine and having an expiration date specified in the letter of appointment or extension. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the total length of service shall not exceed five years. Appointments, including extensions, do not carry any expectation of renewal or of conversion to another type of appointment. However, this does not preclude the incumbents from applying to other positions in the Organization
- Staff members in this category are recruited locally and paid according to a local salary scale. Salary scales are reviewed periodically on the basis of comprehensive surveys of the best prevailing conditions of employment in the locality.
- FAO reserves the right not to make an appointment, to make an appointment at a lower grade, or to make an appointment with a modified job description.
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
A competitive compensation and benefits package is offered. For information on UN salaries, allowances and benefits, click on the following link: https://icsc.un.org/Resources/SAD/Booklets/sabeng.pdf
FAO encourages a positive workplace culture to increase inclusivity and diversity within its workforce. FAO applies measures in which all staff members contribute equally and in full to the work and development of the Organization. This includes:
- elements of family-friendly policies
- flexible working arrangements
- standards of conduct
HOW TO APPLY
- To apply, visit the recruitment website at Job at FAO and complete your online profile. We strongly recommend that your profile is accurate, complete and includes your employment records, academic qualifications and language skills;
- Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile;
- Once your profile is completed, please apply and submit your application;
- Your application will be screened based on the information provided on your online profile;
- Please note that FAO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU) / United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed at http://www.whed.net/
- Candidates may be requested to provide performance assessments and authorization to conduct verification checks of past and present work, character, education, military and police records to ascertain any and all information which may be pertinent to the employment qualifications;
- Incomplete applications will not be considered;
- Only applications received through the FAO recruitment portal will be considered;
- We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date.
If you need help, or have queries, please contact: Careers@fao.org
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT
Postuler (Apply for the job) sur son site Internet: https://jobs.fao.org/careersection/fao_external/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&searchExpanded=true&job=2102752
The Weekly Job Report, Le rapport de travail hebdomadaire, 11/10/2021: https://afriquejobs.com/2021/10/11/the-weekly-job-report-le-rapport-de-travail-hebdomadaire-11-10-2021/
All companies hiring (Entreprises qui emploi au Cameroun): https://www.afriquejobs.com/2020/07/emplois-jobs-au-cameroun-liste-des.html
More jobs (Plus d\’offres d\’emploi): https://www.afriquejobs.com/