Specialist – IP Core and MPBN Planning, Spécialiste – IP Core et planification MPBN, Douala, MTN Cameroon
Role Responsibilities/ Responsabilités du rôle
- Plan, design and lead the rollout of :
- MTNC IP Access Network (Access and Distribution and Edge) to meet specified quality, business requirements within budget constraints
- An optimized MTNC Datacenter IP Network infrastructure that carry business IT applications and Core Network devices in the Technology Centers.
- MTNC Data Center to meet specified quality, business requirements within budget constraints
- MTNC ISP Network to meet specified quality, business requirements within budget constraints
- Ensure IP Network (Edge – Distribution– Access, Datacenter) performance is above specified targets
- Define the overall MTNC IP Planning strategy in line with overall MTN Group IP strategy, National IP management law and business requirements
- Provide high level support to operational team
- Define the needed access, distribution, Edge capacity and datacenter to support subscriber base
- Capacity forecast for access, distribution, Edge capacity and datacenter in line with Business requirements and forecast.
- Translate business requirements into technology requirement and project
- Provide to Project team appropriate technical support for project rollout within time and budget
- Define, plan and design Access, Core, Corporate and Data Center strategy for IPv4 to IPv6 migration.
- Participate on defining a 3 – 5 years Technology Design Authority in IP/MPLS Edge, Distribution, Access and Data Center
- Define IP/MPLS related policies and processes in line with best practices, world standards and MTN Group IP/MPLS strategy
- Define the IP Address management policies and processes in line with best practices and standards as well as Group Framework and business needs
- Define the IP Access roadmap in line with network evolution and to meet business requirement
- Drive the deployment of any identified solution to manage performance, network availability as well as IP Access dimensioning.
- Identify best IP Network equipment requirement to align with IP Network Planning strategy.
- Initiate projects and prepare necessary documents (CIR, WBS, SOW, TRS) for submission to PMO/CPG
- Provide HLD/LLD related to all IP Access and Datacenter projects or work with vendors for this.
- Support the achievement of IP Planning KPIs as well as dependencies with other units
- Involve all stakeholders during preparation and execution of projects.
- Define specifications requirements for IP/MPLS and Datacenter planning tools
- Define specifications for IP/MPLS and Datacenter monitoring tools
- Plan and manage the implementation of IP/MPLS and Datacenter Network optimization projects.
- Be the main point for any IP/MPLS Access Network and datacenter requirement from other stakeholders (Internal, MTN Group, Partners, etc)
- Interact with suppliers for getting optimal IP/MPLS related solutions and design in line with business requirements, policies and MTN group strategy
- Report on IP/MPLS Edge, Distribution, Access and Data Center performance KPIs
- Define solution and actions to improve overall MTNC IP/MPLS Network and Data Center performance
- Provide Support and directions as per management job assignment.
- Provide adequate IP knowledge transfer to others (Technical and non-Technical).
Minimum of first degree in Computer Sciences, Telecoms or Information Technology
Fluent in English and French
Masters degree advantageous
Minimum of 3 years’ experience in IP Access and Datacenter Network Design or Operation within a telecom environment;
Minimum of 3 years’ experience in IP Network Security (Planning, Design or Operation) in a telco environment.
Good experience on Data Centre architectures for hosted services and collocations.
Experience in supervising others is an advantage Experience working in a medium organization
Training & Certifications
-IP Network Planning
-Architecture engineering (TOGAF)
-IP Routing and Switching
-Datacenter Network design
-Digital services and ICT s-olutions
-3G/LTE Overview and upc-oming 5G
-ITIL v3 Foundation
-Finance for non-finance
-Manager In transversal
Operational Value Creator
Culture and Change Champion
Supportive People Manager
– IP MPLS design, mainly traffic engineering, L2VPN(L2TPv3,VPLS,VPWS), MPLS-TE, MPLS-FRR, InterAS VPN Option A,B and C
– MPLS-enabled applications, Multicasting
– Network IP peering protocols (eBGP, iBGP) and best practices
– Wired technology (FE, GE, 10GE+, 40GE, 100GE, Optic Fiber, SFP, etc) and wireless technology (WiFi, WiMAXs, WTTX, 2G, 3G, LTE, etc) architecture
– Routing protocols (BGP, ISIS, OSPF, IGRP, RIP, etc) specifications and best practices
– LAN Switching : Etherchannel, STP, RSTP, PVST, MSTP,VLAN, inter-VLAN, VTP, VSS,..
– SR-MPLS/ SR-TE, BGP LS, PCEP, NETONF, RESTFUL, YANG Model
– IP QoS (DSCP, ToS, AutoQoS, cRTP, WFQ, LLQ Strict Priority ,..)
– IP SLA
– Traffic engineering planning tools
– IP packet analyser (Wireshark, ethereal, etc.)
– Data Center architectures and services
– IP Network security best practices (Segmentation, Authentication, Encryption)
– IP Network Security (IPSEC VPN, IP inspection, URPF, NAT, ACL, AAA)
– Network Monitoring tools (NCE, Solar Winds, PRTG, Nagios, Cacti, …)
– Multicast (IGMP, PIM, MSDP, Multicast VPN)
– IP planning and subnetting (IPv4, IPv6)
– IPv6 enable protocols (DNS64, NAT64, DHCP6, etc.)
– Network performance methodology and tools
– IP Network vendor equipment’s operation (Juniper, Cisco, Huawei, Extreme Networks, Alcatel, etc). Huawei and Juniper experience is an advantage
– MPBN network architecture
– Microsoft environment and architecture (AD, Exchange, CRM, etc.)
– Unix environment and architecture
– GSM Network architecture (2G, 3G, 4G,5G)
– Transmission network (SDH, PDH, DWDM, GPON)
Postuler (Apply for the job) sur son site Internet: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/2742149656/
The Weekly Job Report, Le rapport de travail hebdomadaire, 03/10/2021: https://afriquejobs.com/2021/10/04/the-weekly-job-report-le-rapport-de-travail-hebdomadaire-03-10-2021/
All companies hiring (Entreprises qui emploi au Cameroun): https://www.afriquejobs.com/2020/07/emplois-jobs-au-cameroun-liste-des.html
More jobs (Plus d\’offres d\’emploi): https://www.afriquejobs.com/