Senior Specialist – Security, Spécialiste principal – Sécurité, Douala, MTN Cameroon
Role Responsibilities/ Responsabilités du rôle
Mission/ Core purpose of the Job
– Develop and implement a strategy for all physical Security operations and maintain a safe and
secure environment for the Company’s customers and employees as well as protecting the Company’s Assets
against loss and damage in line with the company’s security policies, procedures and standards.
– Assist in the creation of sub-divisional strategy in line with overarching divisional goals
– Ensure effective implementation of sub-divisional strategy by means of providing direction, structure, business plans and support
Adhoc and Operational Meeting
– Set up / participate in adhoc and operational meetings
– Report at process and functional level
– Manage and resolve escalations that have impact on critical path of service delivery
– Escalate issues that will result in significant time, scope, employee / client or cost impact if not resolved
– Manage and provide solutions to issues that require formal resolution
– Set up and manage project status meetings
– Review and identify key risks, issues and dependencies and set mitigation actions
– Manage budgets
– Sign-off / make decisions regarding operational changes
– Provide input to the performance review of CoE against agreed KPIs and their compliance to SLAs and reverse SLAs
– Create and monitor plan for continuous improvement
– Provide input into the review of reports on a monthly basis from the CoE relating to progress made within the sub-division
and in accordance with the measurement metrics set by the organisation
– Review reports on specific projects as per the defined timelines as and when necessary
– Assist in managing the sub-divisional budgets in line with business objectives
– Assist in managing project initiative budgets in line with business objectives
– Manage the relationship between Security Department and other relevant stakeholders (Service Providers, Security Professional Associations and
– Ensure cordial inter-departmental liaison between the Security Unit and other Divisions in MTNC
– Liaise effectively and transparently with Cameroonian Security Agencies and other Security Vendors in associated area of responsibility to access
relevant intelligence information that will ensure better protection for MTNC personnel and operations.
– Ensure security intelligence information is collated, analyzed and applied towards ensuring the best protection level for MTNC personnel and operations
in area of responsibility.
– Controls the physical protection and ensure safety of people (employees), business operations, assets, premises, network infrastructures and information
and ensure effective use of the company’s confidential information.
– Organize MTNC site security risk analyses and reviews including improvements and corrective actions.
– Gather and input relevant intelligence information onto central security data and information system
– Executes action plans to combat security related incidents and ensure that all incidents are investigated, properly documented using approved reporting
template and reported accordingly.
– Keep abreast of the physical security trends and sensitize / inform employees on the latest security developments and best ways for self-defense and
overcoming the plausible security threats.
– Integrate contingency plans with emergency preparedness plans and Implement crisis management plan as developed by the Division
– Manage the process of Issuing access cards to employees and visitors and account for all the cards issued.
– Develop, review and update of security policies and procedures; ensure that standard operating procedures (SOP) and departmental standard quality control
measures and key performance indicators (KPIs) are implemented in the Security Unit.
– Ensure that the appropriate level of training is provided for all security staff on disasters, robbery and fire procedures.
– Implement risk management strategy that maximizes personnel safety from violence and the threat of violence in assigned area of responsibility
– Carry out specific investigations on wrongdoing by staff and criminal activities targeted at MTNC
– Review performance of individual team members in accordance with the employee performance appraisal procedures.
– Identify training requirements of security officers team members and develop training / coaching programs to address knowledge gaps and to enrich knowledge
repository within the team.
Staff Leadership and Management:
– Ability to work in a team
– Responsible for self-learning and development with guidance from the Manager
– Accountable for meeting and prioritising own targets / deadlines
– Provide information to the Manager on work accomplishments, individual / team challenges
– Lead team meetings and contribute on specialist / technical areas when required.
– Review performance metric dashboards prepared on various performance metrics and provide input to the manager
Education / Business Degree
– Minimum of 3 year degree in Security or its equivalent
– Master’s degree in security or professional qualifications in quality security safety health and environment (QSSHE)
is an added advantage.
– Minimum of 5 years’ experience in In law enforcement or security intelligence at managerial level of which at
least 3 years are in a Multinational Company.
– Exposure to general Telecom operations
– Experience in investigative roles of a criminal nature with a high level resourcefulness, integrity and ethical standards.
– Experience in Enterprise Risk management and security equipment management (CCTV, ACS, etc.)
– Security including manned guarding, fraud prevention and detection; fire prevention and fighting and first aid.
– Contact center/Retail skills coaching
– Risk Management
– ICT snap shots
– Finance for Non-financial
– MTN P10 Closed Loop Feedback
– Line/ Employee Effectiveness
– ICT for Non-technical Staff
– Telecoms A-Z
– MTN Customer Experience (Basics)
– Harvard Self-management
– IT Security
– Environment training
– Fluent in language of country with basic command of English
– Knowledge of asset protection and crime prevention principles, procedures and practices
– working knowledge of intelligence operations
– Advanced knowledge of risk management and loss control techniques and practices
– Knowledge of basic accounting practices, such as payment processes
– MTN company policies and procedures
– Site access control procedures, instructions and risk assessment
– Basic security knowledge (physical, electronic and investigative).
– Basic knowledge in crisis management (e.g evacuation processes, first aid).
– Practical appreciation and understanding of the Cameroon labour laws; contract law, statutes and all related
acts and regulations.
– Computer literacy with knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Power point.
– People management and leadership skills
– Strong administrative and written communication skills
– Ability to conduct a risk analysis
– Ability to carry out risk assessment and develop corresponding security measures in order to prevent and or mitigate losses.
– Excellent people skill, good investigative and networking skills, report writing skills and ability to make sound judgments.
– Good health and physically ability.
– Analytical Thinker
– Problem Solver
– Operational Value Creator
– Culture and Change Champion
– Supportive People Manager
– Relationship Manager
– Results Achiever
– Operationally Astute
– Unify people/Build a team
– Plan work
– Monitor work
– Problem solving
Postuler (Apply for the job) sur son site Internet: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/2742150375/
The Weekly Job Report, Le rapport de travail hebdomadaire, 03/10/2021: https://afriquejobs.com/2021/10/04/the-weekly-job-report-le-rapport-de-travail-hebdomadaire-03-10-2021/
All companies hiring (Entreprises qui emploi au Cameroun): https://www.afriquejobs.com/2020/07/emplois-jobs-au-cameroun-liste-des.html
More jobs (Plus d\’offres d\’emploi): https://www.afriquejobs.com/