Communication Officer in the VIHeillir Project VIHeillir, Chargée de communication dans le projet VIHeillir, Yaoundé
Role Responsibilities/ Responsabilités du rôle
With the success of antiretroviral therapy, people living with HIV (PLHIV) have a life expectancy similar to the general population. The proportion of PLHIV over the age of 50 is increasing also in countries with limited resources. The risk of developing non-communicable diseases (NCDs) increases with age, this risk is increased in PLWHIV, complicating their care pathways and deteriorating their quality of life. The Public Health approach has greatly contributed to the success of the management of HIV infection and its scaling up and it could be used for other diseases. This project aims to improve health of PLWHIV aged over 50 in Cameroon and Senegal by integrating the care of five priority comorbidities during routine visits, adapting the strategies that have proven effective for HIV care and using existing mechanisms as much as possible.
Standardize and simplify protocols with the contribution of country experts and the use of innovative procedures and technologies at a lower cost
Develop training “kits” comprising learning objectives, procedures, training manuals and monitoring and evaluation tools.
Organize a set of trainings in the different areas for optimal management of the targeted diseases and their risk factors, taking into account the aging of the population
Screen for, diagnose and treat high blood pressure, diabetes, chronic hepatitis B and C and precancerous lesions of the cervix for women
Create a group of committed stakeholders (operational strategies committee) in the fight against HIV and chronic diseases to support the advocacy for policy change and to steer patient support actions at the community level
Establish community activities to ensure long-term follow-up and ensure adherence to treatments and prevention of metabolic diseases.
The aim is to implement a pilot experience which can guide future health policies. The participatory and adaptive approach for proposing long-term strategies and for community-based activities will promote the commitment of stakeholders. The novelty of the theme and the scarcity of available experiences make this project an innovative process in the definition of care practices.
The pilot approach and the advocacy component require strong, multi-level communication to different audiences and with different communication channels. To this end, a post of 50% communication officer on the VIHeillir project has been planned.
Ensures the visibility of the project and the quality of the communication media. Collaborates in the effectiveness of advocacy actions.
1) Increase the visibility of the VIHeillir project
Establish a communication plan for the project
Develop a website, a Facebook page and a twitter profile and keep them active and up to date in both countries, in collaboration with the project coordinators
Produce the necessary documents during the project communication events
2) Production of communication / information / education support for and with patients, associations and health workers
Participate in the design of communication, information and education tools
Edit the production of local communication supports and tools (flyer, brochure, poster, radio spot, article, photo, video) with patients and associations
Support the team in the preparation of tools for the continuing education program for health staff
Support the team for the production of slides during training
3) Support the project in the advocacy objectives
Stimulate the local media in the discussion of issues related to the elderly and access to care for chronic diseases
Design activities to support the integration of changes driven by the project into national policies
Design and organize activities for the promotion of geriatrics
Collect articles and presentations in local and international media, which concern the VIHeillir project
Document the communication activities carried out (monthly report) for the purpose of capitalization.
Participate in team meetings
- Holder of a diploma in journalism / communication / humanitarian affairs / political science or
other field related to the required skills.
- At least two years of experience
- Social media management skills
- Audio-visual skills: ability to create and produce multimedia supports
- Mastery of computer tools, including graphics software
- Fluency in French and English, spoken and written
- Available for a minimum of two years
- Strong negotiation skills and diplomatic approach
- Adaptability and ability to work within a team
- Proactive and solution-oriented approach
- Flexibility necessary for possible trips (in Bafia).
- Strong autonomy, ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Rigor and respect of deadlines.
- Experience in health promotion
- Experience in the fight against HIV
Application form to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, any other form of submission will not be accepted.
– A CV and a cover letter providing all the information that the candidate deems relevant and which is not given by the CV;
– Proof of diplomas and training presented;
– Employment certificates relating to professional experience;
– An extract from the criminal record;
– Minimum two (2) professional references to contact when reviewing applications.
Submission deadline 15/09/2021
24-month CDD – Part-time 50%. Based in Yaoundé. Position to be filled: 01/10/2021
Postuler (Apply for the job) sur son site Internet: Application form to be sent to email@example.com, any other form of submission will not be accepted.
The Daily Job Report, Le rapport de travail quotidien 10/08/2021 (Emplois non affichés individuellement/ Jobs not individually posted on the site): https://afriquejobs.com/2021/08/09/the-daily-job-report-le-rapport-de-travail-quotidien-10-08-2021/
All companies hiring (Entreprises qui emploi au Cameroun): https://www.afriquejobs.com/2020/07/emplois-jobs-au-cameroun-liste-des.html
More jobs (Plus d\’offres d\’emploi): https://www.afriquejobs.com/