Procurement and Contracts Officer (Open to Cameroon Nationals only), Senior Program Officer, Responsable des achats et des contrats (ouvert aux ressortissants camerounais uniquement), Agent principal de programme, Yaoundé, African Wildlife Foundation (AWF)
Procurement and Contracts Officer (Open to Cameroon Nationals only) Cameroon, Yaoundé
Under the overall supervision of the Director of Administration and Facilities and under the direct supervision of Procurement and Contracts Manager, the Procurement and Contracts Officer will play a key role in the execution of AWF’s procurement and contracting policy and its underlying procedures. The Officer will work with the line manager to review and refine the set of tools, procedures and best practices within AWF governing procurements and contractual agreements. The position will Yaoundé Cameroon with occasional travel to field offices in AWF central and West Africa landscapes.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
Support the provision of technical leadership to drive the implementation of procurement and supplies policies and plans aimed at cost effective acquisition of high-quality goods and services.
Support in the preparation of procurement plans and budget outlining key activities to be undertaken, the projected cost, funding sources as well as expected outcomes
Support the of preparation procurement documents, RFQs, RFPs, Pos and Bid analysis; and ensure timely submission of invoices to accounts payable.
Implement flexible and responsive procurement and stores management for monitoring and tracking costs as well as maintaining up-to-date inventory of goods and services.
Develop detailed tender specifications and performance standards to facilitate procurement of capital equipment in the region,
Procure goods and services in strict compliance with the organizations approved procurement policy as well as donor requirements.
Provide support of training on procurement, contracting responsibilities, ethics and guidelines to build capacity and strengthen the operational systems related to contracting & procurement
Preparation and evaluation of existing contracts in compliance with performance/approved templates and maintain proper filing records.
Negotiating with vendors on the best terms of service including price, delivery, payments and after sales service.
Ensure project procurements are conducted within the stipulated timelines; and expediting deliveries and receipt of goods or performance of services
Support in review, up-date, interpretation and implementation of existing procurement regulations, procedures and systems.
Monitor contract management by user departments to ensure implementation of contracts in compliance with the terms and conditions of the contract.
Bachelor’s degree in Purchasing and Supplies Management or related field
Membership to a professionally recognized body.
A minimum of six (5) years’ work experience in purchasing and supplies management gained from a large international non-governmental organization.
Experience in using Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems is required
Demonstrated knowledge of procurement / contracts principles, contracts administration and finance or accounting.
Demonstrated understanding of donor regulations and compliance issues related to management of donor funds
Experience working under USG and EU funded projects preferred.
Must exhibit a flexible work attitude with the ability to work productively in a team environment.
Extensive knowledgeable of supplies and materials utilized in office, technical, or maintenance operations.
Highest level of integrity and result-driven.
Good communication and interpersonal skill with experience in a multi-cultural environment.
Be proficient in Microsoft Office and other computer applications.
Be fluent in written French and English. Fluency in Kiswahili is an added advantage.
Senior Program Officer Cameroon, Faro Landscape
The Senior Program Officer (SPO) supports the Faro Landscape Director (FLD) in all aspects of conservation and management activities in the Faro Landscape (UTO). This position will be based in Voko, Cameroon and will report to the FLD. This will be for an initial 6 month temporary assignment.
- Support AWF work plan and coordinate the range of collaborators and participants to support project goals ;
- Assist the FLD and administrative staff in the annual and monthly budgeting exercises ;
- Provide the required components of the annual report to the FLD for compilation, verification, and transmission to AWF and donors;
- Maintain a biomonitoring program in close collaboration with the PNF team and the Garoua Wildlife School (EFG) ;
- a) Collect and analyze project biological data with the support of PNF staff et al.;
- b) Establish partnerships with NGOs and conservation stakeholders to involve them in the monitoring program;
- Support the MINFOF Faro Conservation Service and the to execute PNF’s faunal and floral inventories and compile data for reports ;
- Strengthen the capacity of eco-guards and Conservation Support Personnel (PAC) in the use of data collection tools (Cybertraker / SMART, GPS, camera traps), and download, manage, and analyse data for reports ;
- Provide direct support to the Conservation Service to build capacity and support their leadership and responsibilities in the park and landscape ;
- Collaborate with AWF and MINFOF staffs to develop and implement the Faro UTO Land Use Plan, Faro NP Management Plan, Transhumance, Corridor, and other initiatives ;
- Facilitate the activities of the UTO-FARO Actors’ Forum in support of the PNF Conservation Service and other conservation actions ; and,
- The role holder will come in to contact with a wide range of stakeholders and will be required to demonstrate commitment to and a good understanding of AWF’s Rights Based Conservation approaches, values and principles.
- Other duties as requested by the FLD and other departmental leaders.
A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in ecology, Natural resource management or another field directly related conservation ;
- At least 5 years of proven field expérience in conservation ; knowledge and direct experience in the landscape and protected area management ;
- Experience working with NGO’s is a strong advantage ;
- Experience in management and administration of projects including strategic planning and budgets ;
- Proven self-starter and strategic thinker, with the ability to see actions through from conceptualization to implementation and evaluation ;
- Willingness to work independently, and successfully manage relationships with colleagues within the Organizations ;
- Commitment to AWF and its mission of promoting the ecological and economic viability of large landscapes ;
- Outstanding interpersonal skills including the ability to build coalitions, to negotiate, and to manage and resolve conflict ;
- Proven ability to organize project documents and reports ;
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide group of collaborators, including proactive sharing of information and reporting ;
- Fluency in French and a basic capacity in English ;
- Ability and Willingness to work in remote areas under challenging physical conditions ;
- High competence in computer and internet skills ; and,
- An ability and willingness to fulfill AWF administrative and accountability procedures and regulations.
Postuler (Apply for the job) sur son site Internet: https://www.awf.org/about/careers#rt-jobs-1
The Daily Job Report, Le rapport de travail quotidien 12/08/2021 (Emplois non affichés individuellement/ Jobs not individually posted on the site): https://afriquejobs.com/2021/08/12/the-daily-job-report-le-rapport-de-travail-quotidien-12-08-2021/
All companies hiring (Entreprises qui emploi au Cameroun): https://www.afriquejobs.com/2020/07/emplois-jobs-au-cameroun-liste-des.html
More jobs (Plus d\’offres d\’emploi): https://www.afriquejobs.com/