Credit and Collections Analyst, Analyste crédit et recouvrement, Brazzaville, Puma Energy
The Credit and Collection Analyst is responsible for assessing the credit risk associated to potential and existing customers as well as establishing their credit limit. He analyzes customers’ financial statements pertaining to a credit line application and assesses the associated credit risk of that customer. He must also ensure that a close monitoring and follow-up of receipts from customers is done on a daily basis so as to minimize overdue and disputes. He must ensure that credit policies are complied.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities, Key Responsibilities:
- Assist the Credit and Collections Supervisor to analyze credit data and financial statements to determine the degree of risk involved in extending credit to potential customers and submit recommendation to the members of the Credit committee.
- Analyze and present the credit performance of credit customers to the local credit committee on a weekly basis. Advise the credit committee and Management on credit issues.
- Reviews status of aged and delinquent accounts on a daily basis. Prepare letters and notices on delinquent accounts and when appropriate, determine and recommend new repayment terms.
4.Closely follow-up with customers for any invoices which are due for payment. Resolve customer complaints so as to ensure that customer payments are received as per agreed payment terms.
- Ensure that customer payments are properly allocated against the correct invoices on a timely basis and that the level of unallocated cash is less than 1% of the total Accounts Receivable balance at any one time.
- Manage accounts which are blocked by closely following up collection of payments from customers for these accounts.
- Ensure that every credit customer has an appropriate credit limit in the system and ensure that this credit limit is reviewed at least once a year
Diploma/Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business
At least one year experience in a similar position preferably in a large company
Ability to analyze and interpret a debtors’ ageing report
Ability to analyze and interpret credit risk assessment
Must be Fluent in both English And French
Good Microsoft Excel skills
Fluent in France and English language
Previous experience on an ERP is a must (Navision or alternatively SAP, Oracle, JDE)
Good interpersonal and communications skills
Good negotiation skills
Meticulous and pays attention to details
Ability to work independently
Demonstrate high level of integrity and ethics
Key Relationships and Department Overview:
Internal – Sales, Business Support, Finance, Treasury and Operations.
External – Customers, Lawyers and Credit entities.
Postuler (Apply for the job) sur son site Internet: https://trafigura.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Puma_Energy_Careers/job/Pointe-Noire-Congo/Credit-and-Collections-Analyst_R-007529
The Daily Job Report, Le rapport de travail quotidien 23/07/2021 (Emplois non affichés individuellement/ Jobs not individually posted on the site): https://afriquejobs.com/2021/07/22/the-daily-job-report-le-rapport-de-travail-quotidien-23-07-2021/
All companies hiring (Entreprises qui emploi au Cameroun): https://www.afriquejobs.com/2020/07/emplois-jobs-au-cameroun-liste-des.html
More jobs (Plus d\’offres d\’emploi): https://www.afriquejobs.com/