Administrative Assistant, Adjointe administrative, Cameroon, FAO
Role Responsibilities/ Responsabilités du rôle
CALL FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST – VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT: 2102013
Job Posting: 13/Jul/2021
Closure Date: 03/Aug/2021, 5:59:00 PM
Organizational Unit: FRCMR
Job Type: Staff position
Type of Requisition: General Service
Grade Level: G-5
Primary Location: Cameroon-Yaounde
Duration: Fixed term: one year with possibility of extension
Post Number: 0131172
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
Staff in the General Service category are recruited locally from the Primary Location area, which is where the office is located
• FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, background and culture
• Qualified female applicants, qualified nationals of non-and under-represented member nations and person with disabilities are encouraged to apply
• Everyone who works for FAO is required to adhere to the highest standards of integrity and professional conduct, and to uphold our values. FAO has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and FAO, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination.
• All selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks
• All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
• The incumbent may be re-assigned to different activities and/or duty stations depending on the evolving needs of the Organization.
The post is located in the FAO Partnership and Liaison Office in Cameroon, FRCMR.
The Administrative Assistant coordinates and performs the full range of office support, management support and administrative tasks, providing for the smooth and efficient running of the Office. He/ she ensures quality and consistency of the flow of office work and information in the work unit.
The Administrative Assistant reports to the Assistant FAOR/Administration/Manager and may receive guidance from an Administrative Associate The incumbent operates independently and takes decisions on work priorities and exercises initiative for dealing with cases without precedents. Supervision received is focused on the quality of work outputs. He/ she provides guidance and advice to other office support staff.
The Administrative Assistant works closely with a wide range of colleagues in the division /region, with central units and external clients, performing and coordinating office- and management support services, and providing procedural guidance and information.
Maintain financial records and monitoring systems for the office; maintain imprest accounts; reconcile expenditures, balances, payments, statements and other data for day-to-day transactions and reports; manage the Country Office petty cash; monitor project and programme accounts for which responsibility is assigned.
Retrieve, enter, select and analyse data from a wide variety of sources, including FAO\’s corporate systems and data bases; verify accuracy of data documents; make necessary calculations.
Verify availability of funds under all programmes; ensure that operational expenditures are in accordance with approved budgets and that all committing documents are complete and consistent.
Prepare correspondence of administrative and financial nature; draft correspondence to verify data, answer queries, and obtain additional information on transactions and financial matters, as required.
Maintain detailed records of budget estimates, obligations and available balances; participate in the consolidation of budget proposals; prepare financial data for budget estimates and financial planning.
Provide reports on budgetary performance of office accounts, and, if required, of project accounts; report variations from budgets.
Maintain local inventory records with responsibility for proper recording of assets, their maintenance and safeguard.
Maintain a filing system of administrative and financial documents.
Monitor the receipt of Government contributions and the transfer of ownership of the Organization\’s equipment.
Maintain liaison with local banks and financial institutions to keep up-to-date with financial and regulatory information (exchange and interest rates, procedures and rules, maintenance of bank accounts, etc.).
Support the streamlining of procedures and practices and the introduction of new information technologies to the office.
Support the administration of personnel and equipment.
Perform other related duties as required.
Impact Of Work
The incumbent\’s work impacts on the timely and efficient delivery of office support services and on the overall output of the work unit.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
Education: Secondary School Education
Experience: Four years of administrative, accounting and office management experience
Languages: Working knowledge (level C) of French and limited knowledge (level B) of English
IT Skills: Very good knowledge of the MS Office applications, Internet and office technology equipment
Building Effective Relationships
Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
Very good knowledge of the communication and documentation standards
Very good knowledge of corporate computerized financial / travel / human resources systems and administrative procedures and policies
Very good knowledge of the organizational structure
Desirable Qualifications and Skills
Ability to work under a minimum guidance
Working experience with international organization or United Nations agencies
Evaluation of qualified applicants may include an assessment exercise and a technical / competency-based interview.
FAO staff are expected to adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO,
Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency
• FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, processing)
• Please note that FAO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU) / United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed at http://www.whed.net/
• The length of the appointment for internal FAO candidates will be established in accordance with applicable policies pertaining to extension of appointments
• General Service Staff are recruited locally. To be eligible for this position, candidates must be nationals of the country of the duty station or possess an existing visa/work permit, and reside within commuting distance of the duty station at the time of the application.\”Commuting distance\” means the distance within which staff members can travel daily between their place of work and their residence.
• No international benefits will be payable as selected candidates are recruited locally and paid in the local currency of the office location
• Other similar positions may be filled from this vacancy notice
• For additional information visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
A competitive compensation and benefits package is offered. For information on UN salaries, allowances and benefits, click on the following link:
HOW TO APPLY
• To apply, visit the recruitment website at Jobs at FAO and complete your online profile. Once completed, please apply and submit your application, with language certificates as attachments. Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications. FAO reserves the right to request candidates to undertake a language test in the future, as appropriate
• Incomplete applications will not be considered
• Only applications received through the recruitment portal will be considered
• If you need assistance please contact: Careers@fao.org
Postuler (Apply for the job) sur son site Internet: https://jobs.fao.org/careersection/fao_external/jobdetail.ftl?job=583990
The Daily Job Report, Le rapport de travail quotidien 14/07/2021 (Emplois non affichés individuellement/ Jobs not individually posted on the site): https://www.afriquejobs.com/2021/07/the-daily-job-report-le-rapport-de_13.html
All companies hiring (Entreprises qui emploi au Cameroun): https://www.afriquejobs.com/2020/07/emplois-jobs-au-cameroun-liste-des.html
More jobs (Plus d\’offres d\’emploi): https://www.afriquejobs.com/