DTM Assistant (2 positions), Assistant DTM (2 postes), Yaoundé, International Organization for Migration (IOM)
International Organization for Migration (IOM) The UN Migration Agency
I. POSITION INFORMATION DTM Assistant (2 positions)
title Position grade
Type of contract
Reports directly to
II. ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT AND SCOPE Buea, South-West – Cameroon Special short-term graded six months with possibility of extension DTM Coordinator Established in 1951,
IOM is the United Nations Organization in charge of Migrations and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental, and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
The Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) is an IOM tool that aims at understanding displacements, migrations flow and other aspects of populations and individuals on the move.
Under the direct supervision of the Head of Sub-Office/ DTM Coordinator in Buea and the overall supervision of the Emergency coordinator, the successful candidate will assist in the collection and analysis of Displacement Tracking Matric (DTM) data.
S/he will be responsible for liaising with implementing partners, analysing data received, support the preparation of dashboards and narrative reports together with the DTM team.
S/he will further be responsible for ensuring close coordination of data collection activities performed by the Implementation Partners (IPs) together with the DTM Coordinator and ensuring that deadlines are met, and timelines respected.
III. RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
1. Support the DTM team in the design of plans and strategies as to allow a perfect geographic coverage of the areas of interest.
2. Assist in the planning, coordination and implementation of the data collection exercise, in close collaboration with the relevant stakeholders.
3. Assist in the supervision and live control of data collection activities.
4. Assist the DTM team during all the different data management activities including encoding, storing, and transferring data as well as processing, and support to the analysis of the collected data locally including data entries.
5. Provide training and support to relevant partners, enumerators on data collection and analysis based on the DTM’ methodology and tools.
6. Ensure a daily follow up on the ongoing field operations, providing daily reports to the DTM Coordinator on achievements or failures of the deployed staff, with regard to initial targets.
7. Liaise constantly with the Implementation Partners focal points such as team leaders or Supervisors as to monitor the overall progression of data collection.
Identify any gap, obstacle or issues during and after the data collection. Inform the DTM team and provide adequate alternative / solutions.
9. Facilitate logistics during training workshops of field staff, serving as a relay for any matter requiring a perfect knowledge of the field.
10. Prepare dashboards and narrative for ETT reports in coordination with DTM team on weekly, bi-weekly and monthly basis, as well manage and regularly update all relevant databases.
11. Support in providing DTM updates in relevant meetings.
12. Keep abreast of all stakeholders and interagency assessments, reports and relevant material related to Internally Displaced Persons.
13. Build the capacity of the enumerators involved in DTM activities.
14. Perform field visits to evaluate and support implementing partners.
1. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
IV. REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE EDUCATION
University degree / Diploma in humanitarian, political or social science, or a related field from an accredited academic institution with three years of relevant experience or
• High School Diploma in the above fields with five years of relevant working experience
Minimum two years experience in related field;, liaising with government authorities advantageous; preferably within the international humanitarian field.
in liaising with governmental authorities, national/international institutions, United Nations agencies and non-governmental organizations;
Great knowledge of the geographic landscape acquired through past professional experiences in the region;
Computer literacy required: MS Office suite (Word, Excel, Access), statistical tools, reporting tools, etc.
Experience in working with migrants, refugees, internally displaced persons, victims of trafficking and other vulnerable groups; and,
Prior work experience with international humanitarian organizations, non- government or government institutions/organization in a multi-cultural setting is an advantage.
In depth knowledge of the broad range of migration related subject areas dealt with by the Organization; and,
• Knowledge of UN and bilateral donor programming.
V. LANGUAGES Required (specify the required knowledge) Fluency in English & French is required Desirable
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies: Values – all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values: Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
Integrity and transparency; maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1 Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work. Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
NOTES: How to apply: Interested candidates are invited to submit their application including CV and motivation letter to the attention of the Chief of Mission; IOM Cameroon at IOMCameroonApplication@iom.int latest July 22, 2021, with subject of the email « Application [DTM Assistant Buea – Covering South West] or [DTM Assistant Buea – Covering North West] ». Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. » Competencies and respective levels should be drawn from the Competency Framework of the Organization.
Postuler (Apply for the job) sur son site Internet: https://louma-jobs.com/cameroun/recrutements-emplois-stages/2021/dtm-assistant-2-positions/
The Daily Job Report, Le rapport de travail quotidien 09/07/2021 (Emplois non affichés individuellement/ Jobs not individually posted on the site): https://www.afriquejobs.com/2021/07/the-daily-job-report-le-rapport-de_12.html
All companies hiring (Entreprises qui emploi au Cameroun): https://www.afriquejobs.com/2020/07/emplois-jobs-au-cameroun-liste-des.html
More jobs (Plus d\’offres d\’emploi): https://www.afriquejobs.com/